The Student Room Group

Really worried resit /ucas advice

Hi :smile:
Basically i applied in october with aab at as and a*aa predicted. Got an offer from my fave uni of aab.for english lit

Here is my problem. In english lang i got an A last year, with a middle a in coursework and a high b in the exam, this year i have so far got an A in the coursework. However my teacher said the exam unit is very hard... so to make it more likely that i do get my A she told me to resit my As level coursework bcos i can get up to 4 more marks.(a high a)

She literally told me last week so it isnt on my ucas form. I am aware that i will need to let my uni know, but my problem is,,...

Can they change my offer?
I ve heard unis dislike resits??
Won't the unis think it odd that i'm resitting a unit that i already have an A in?
Im struggling to justify it for 4 marks,.. but then again it COULD (If the exam is as hard as she says) make all the difference...

I need advice.
My main question is will my uni look down on this resit (i've heard different things.....)

Thanks
It's worth contacting the university before you go through the stress of re-sitting.

I can't see the university disapproving, as your showing commitment by proving you'll do it again, however if it's not needed don't go through the stress

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hollywooddreamer
Hi :smile:
Basically i applied in october with aab at as and a*aa predicted. Got an offer from my fave uni of aab.for english lit

Here is my problem. In english lang i got an A last year, with a middle a in coursework and a high b in the exam, this year i have so far got an A in the coursework. However my teacher said the exam unit is very hard... so to make it more likely that i do get my A she told me to resit my As level coursework bcos i can get up to 4 more marks.(a high a)

She literally told me last week so it isnt on my ucas form. I am aware that i will need to let my uni know, but my problem is,,...

Can they change my offer?
I ve heard unis dislike resits??
Won't the unis think it odd that i'm resitting a unit that i already have an A in?
Im struggling to justify it for 4 marks,.. but then again it COULD (If the exam is as hard as she says) make all the difference...

I need advice.
My main question is will my uni look down on this resit (i've heard different things.....)

Thanks

Is this AQA English Language?
Original post by DailyMailIsALiar
Is this AQA English Language?

Aqa b yes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending