The Student Room Group

There is this boy

i've been knowing since we were teenagers and while we don't talk to each other, we always look at each other. This has been going on for about 5 to 6 years now and i'm not the only one saying he's looking at me (i'm just clarifying this so you don't think it's all in my head).
But it makes me wonder, does he like me? If yes, why doesn't he make a move? I had tried talking to him but he was quite indifferent so i didn't bother again.
If not, why is he looking at me? It's just a bit confusing.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
i've been knowing since we were teenagers and while we don't talk to each other, we always look at each other. This has been going on for about 5 to 6 years now and i'm not the only one saying he's looking at me (i'm just clarifying this so you don't think it's all in my head).
But it makes me wonder, does he like me? If yes, why doesn't he make a move? I had tried talking to him but he was quite indifferent so i didn't bother again.
If not, why is he looking at me? It's just a bit confusing.

Sounds like he likes you. I'd suggest just being friendly towards him, etc., and seeing if he gets the courage to say anything? I mean, I guess a lot depends too on whether you like him back?
Original post by SebCross
Sounds like he likes you. I'd suggest just being friendly towards him, etc., and seeing if he gets the courage to say anything? I mean, I guess a lot depends too on whether you like him back?

guys always look at girls. It doesn't mean anything. He probably does it to a lot of girls
Reply 3

Thank you for your answer. I like him but we are very different characters so i don't think he would like someone like me. Also, when i was out with my friends he sat with us(he knows my friends) and talked to everyone but me, he didn't even look at me so i thought he's not interested.
Reply 4
Original post by Gott
I'm not a girl so I don't know how exactly but couldn't you give him a hint if you're interested

Thank you for your reply. Well, i had once tried talk to him but as i said he wasn't interested, he didn't seem to want to talk. And another time when we were on our own waiting for the bus we didn't say a thing.
In order to find out his true intentions use the eye thing that been going on for year to ur advantage...eye flirt with him and see how he reacts. It's completely harmless and no one will ever kno. Here's a link....
http://www.lovepanky.com/flirting-flings/get-flirty/subtle-eye-contact-flirting
Good luck! Come backs and tell us how it goes!
Reply 6
Original post by Temporality
guys always look at girls. It doesn't mean anything. He probably does it to a lot of girls

I think that's the case too, it's just that i don't like this confusion of ''does he like me or not''. I mean, if he didn't look at all, i wouldn't give it any more thought.
Thank you for your answer. I like him but we are very different characters so i don't think he would like someone like me. Also, when i was out with my friends he sat with us(he knows my friends) and talked to everyone but me, he didn't even look at me so i thought he's not interested.

Keep trying. Guys are usually very receptive when nice girls show a social interest - and you can then just take things from there if you want to.

You're quite right of course but a lot of the time when the guys look it really does mean they actually really really like someone.
I think that's the case too, it's just that i don't like this confusion of ''does he like me or not''. I mean, if he didn't look at all, i wouldn't give it any more thought.

If he really wanted you, he'd do something about it. so just ignore him and dont stare back in future and see if he does something about it. Don't get sucked in thinking he really likes you, boys will shag any number of girls if they think you are putty in their hands. that's what guys generally want by the way, to shag, so don't get romantic
You're quite right of course but a lot of the time when the guys look it really does mean they actually really really like someone.

hmm nah I'd disagree. guys just want to get it in then move onto the next girl they've been staring at
In order to find out his true intentions use the eye thing that been going on for year to ur advantage...eye flirt with him and see how he reacts. It's completely harmless and no one will ever kno. Here's a link....
http://www.lovepanky.com/flirting-flings/get-flirty/subtle-eye-contact-flirting
Good luck! Come backs and tell us how it goes!

Hehe thank you for the link! I might as well try it out to see how he responds and let you know how it went! :smile:
hmm nah I'd disagree. guys just want to get it in then move onto the next girl they've been staring at

If you think that then I suspect you haven't met any guys who're actually nice / decent.
Maybe you could try talking to him about it?
Keep trying. Guys are usually very receptive when nice girls show a social interest - and you can then just take things from there if you want to.

Thank you for the recommendation. I think i might try talking to him one more time and see how it goes.
If you think that then I suspect you haven't met any guys who're actually nice / decent.

Yeah I must either attract bad guys who screw me over or there's something about me that makes all guys want to treat me like that regardless of them being ' nice/decent'

But this isn't about me this is about the OP and her lovely little love affair which I'm sure will blossom into something beautiful.
If he really wanted you, he'd do something about it. so just ignore him and dont stare back in future and see if he does something about it. Don't get sucked in thinking he really likes you, boys will shag any number of girls if they think you are putty in their hands. that's what guys generally want by the way, to shag, so don't get romantic

That's the point, i think it's highely unlikely for him to like me because we have very different personalities and i don't think i am the ''kind'' of girl he wants.
Original post by Multitalented me
Maybe you could try talking to him about it?

Thank you for answering. Well, we don't talk to each other, we have spoken only a few times in the past and talking to him about that would make me seem a bit obsessed i think. Whether i am is a different subject though haha :tongue:
Thank you for answering. Well, we don't talk to each other, we have spoken only a few times in the past and talking to him about that would make me seem a bit obsessed i think. Whether i am is a different subject though haha :tongue:
You're welcome :smile: Why do you think it will make you obsessed may I ask?
Original post by Multitalented me
You're welcome :smile: Why do you think it will make you obsessed may I ask?

Haha i was just kidding. It's just that i like him and i would be happy to know if he likes me back or not so that i stop thinking about it. I don't like being in a state of wondering ''is it or is it not'' :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending