The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Mature students

Just thought I'd see if there are any mature students hoping to go in September:smile: if so what have you applied for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Not too sure what some people class as mature students, but I'll be 23 and I will be studying 3D Animation
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Reply 2
Lol I believe mature is anything over 19 although if this is the case at 27 I feel very old! I'll do be doing biomedical science :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Feeling older now at 29! Looking to study Adult Nursing.

Have you found it has/is taking longer go get an interview or an offer as a mature student?
Reply 4
Original post by HappyToast
Feeling older now at 29! Looking to study Adult Nursing.

Have you found it has/is taking longer go get an interview or an offer as a mature student?

Tbh no but my course is no where near as in demand as nursing and they don't interview however the people on my course wanting to do pharmacy are waiting quite a while for interviews

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by linnyloo87
Tbh no but my course is no where near as in demand as nursing and they don't interview however the people on my course wanting to do pharmacy are waiting quite a while for interviews

Posted from TSR Mobile

Gives me some reassurance. Thank you. Just must really be considering my application! Nerve racking as it was my only choice.
Reply 6
Original post by HappyToast
Gives me some reassurance. Thank you. Just must really be considering my application! Nerve racking as it was my only choice.

Your welcome and as they say no news is good news :smile: btw forgot to say 29 is hardly old!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Just thought I'd see if there are any mature students hoping to go in September:smile: if so what have you applied for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I started social work a while ago, second year now at 25 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Boks
I started social work a while ago, second year now at 25 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh cool do you like the uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Oh cool do you like the uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's going pretty well, but it's difficult seeing all my mates starting to settle down and in proper jobs and careers now. There's this temptation to 'be a grown up', which i know isn't really a valid way of looking at things.

It's a stress which I'm managing at the moment really. Haha there's a distinct absence of anyone else in my age bracket. Everyone is 18-20 or 30+

The uni itself is a really good one though :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, thanks for posting about this. I'm 24 and I'll be starting model design in September and I'll turn 25 shortly after the start. By the looks of it we're not alone.
I'm 29. I'm starting LD Nursing this September after completing an access course. Can't wait to get started :smile:
yeah trust me, I'm also 27 and you will feel old. But not always in a bad way. At least we had a bit of life before getting back into the system :biggrin:
Over 19?! Christ I'll be turning 20 on my (hopefully) first day at the university, hope this isn't the case to be honest. I don't want to be labelled "mature" when I'm not exactly that!
Reply 14
Original post by BellaPembers
I'm 29. I'm starting LD Nursing this September after completing an access course. Can't wait to get started :smile:

I'm doing an access course as well is yours as intense as mine right now lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm 18, and will troll you. Nah kid. I am inspired to do campus trolling like some YouTubers though, just like social experiments and stuff.
Original post by BellaPembers

Which access course did you do? I'm hoping to return to college so I can go to herts and study midwifery...
Lol I believe mature is anything over 19 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Guess I'm a mature student then, I turn 20 towards the end of Freshers week, haha
(edited 9 years ago)
Oh dear.... I'm starting Child Nursing in September. I'll turn 43 the day after we start....
If you guys in your 20's feel old....?!?!?! I've got no chance :wink:
Going to Freshers Week though!! Never too old for that!!
Reply 19
Guessing you're all access to he student?
glad to see many of you wanting to go to UH! What were your offers and for what subjects?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending