The Student Room Group

Met The Perfect Christian Guy But He's Gay And Has A Bf... :(

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Be happy that he's comfortable enough to remain a Christian and be gay.
You've plenty of time to find someone and settle down.
Original post by Anonymous
Not sure if trolling but if not hi :colondollar:

Thanks sis :tongue:

Well he is. His parents are liberal Christian and Spanish, they dont mind him being gay either. We're both fairly liberal Christian btw (no religious debate plz)

Fair enough but like i stated earlier(not intending to make this into a debate) i find people who say they are Christian and Gay at the same time a bit you know. Anyway i dont think there is anything you could do as you have stated that he is already with someone. Cheer up it is not the end of the world as you could still be friends.
Why do you HAVE to be with a Christian bloke? You're limiting yourself heavily.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Doubt he's christian.
Original post by Handsome_Devil
I'm confused as to why he would join a religion that deems his lifestyle choices as sin

That's how awesome Christianity is. :cool: People are banging down the doors of Heaven like hookers bang on the doors at a club.

And yes. It is deemed a sin in Christianity. Doesn't make it wrong if it does; it's that guy's choice (to be Christian...) and he damned well better make the best of it :angry:
Original post by CescaD96
Be happy that he's comfortable enough to remain a Christian and be gay.
You've plenty of time to find someone and settle down.

I'm happy for him ofc :smile:

Yh I guess that's true, unfortunately Christians tend to get married earlier :s-smilie:

German123
Fair enough but like i stated earlier(not intending to make this into a debate) i find people who say they are Christian and Gay at the same time a bit you know. Anyway i dont think there is anything you could do as you have stated that he is already with someone. Cheer up it is not the end of the world as you could still be friends.

Yep Im still gonna be friends, but it sucks to see him taken, gonna have to find a way of meeting more Christian guys to take my mind off him :frown: thanks :smile:

Original post by Super Cicero
if you are a Christian then I must ask - why are you asking for advice on a forum dominated by non-Christian secular students whose worldview and presuppositions about everything are completely different to those of someone who follows Jesus? They are not going to point you in any sort of helpful direction on issues like this.

Yeah, Christian. How dare you talk to someone who isn't a Christian?

Don't you know they're all evil and their advice is laced with Satan's lies?

You must only interact with other Christians, preferably evangelical ones. Not Catholics either.

Sadly, I know too many Christians who think exactly like this :rolleyes:
Original post by chazwomaq
Yeah, Christian. How dare you talk to someone who isn't a Christian?

Don't you know they're all evil and their advice is laced with Satan's lies?

You must only interact with other Christians, preferably evangelical ones. Not Catholics either.

Sadly, I know too many Christians who think exactly like this :rolleyes:

Thanks, are you Christian? :s-smilie:
Thanks, are you Christian? :s-smilie:

Yes.
Yes.

What would you do in my shoes? :smile:
What would you do in my shoes? :smile:

As other have said, 22 is young. You have loads of time to meet a guy. It's true that some Christians get married early because they don't want to have sex before marriage. So rather than wait until their late 20s, they get married earlier so they can do it.

Churches and university Christians meetings are hot beds of coupling. Attend a church (or more than one), and you will meet people in time. Also just try to meet people through the usual routes - sports, clubs, hobbies, work etc. There's also online dating too - I'm sure there are some Christian sites if that's right for you.

As for your gay friend, I think you can write that off as a romantic relationship. But he sounds like a great friend to keep if doing so doesn't make you unhappy.
As other have said, 22 is young. You have loads of time to meet a guy. It's true that some Christians get married early because they don't want to have sex before marriage. So rather than wait until their late 20s, they get married earlier so they can do it.

Churches and university Christians meetings are hot beds of coupling. Attend a church (or more than one), and you will meet people in time. Also just try to meet people through the usual routes - sports, clubs, hobbies, work etc. There's also online dating too - I'm sure there are some Christian sites if that's right for you.

As for your gay friend, I think you can write that off as a romantic relationship. But he sounds like a great friend to keep if doing so doesn't make you unhappy.

Oh, is abstinence the main reason Christians marry early? I'm abstaining too but I didn't think of that, yep that makes sense :yep:

I do go to a church but it's mostly old people TBH (I love them and have made good friends but hardly any guys my age sadly). I do have loads of non Christian guy friends but I'd rather date a Christian. I've seen online dating sites for Christians, do you know if those are any good? :smile:

I want to stay friends but I need to distance myself for a bit, do you reckon he'll mind? :frown:
Oh, is abstinence the main reason Christians marry early? I'm abstaining too but I didn't think of that, yep that makes sense :yep:

Well, I think so.

I do go to a church but it's mostly old people TBH (I love them and have made good friends but hardly any guys my age sadly). I do have loads of non Christian guy friends but I'd rather date a Christian.

Yeah, you might want to try a church with younger people. Maybe an evening service or something?

I've seen online dating sites for Christians, do you know if those are any good? :smile:

No idea, but I know they're out there.

I want to stay friends but I need to distance myself for a bit, do you reckon he'll mind? :frown:

No idea again. But time tends to heal these things.

Good luck.
Stop panicking! Get on with your life and focus on being happy and meeting people. The right person will come along. Being negative and frustrated won't help at all.

Yh I guess that's true, unfortunately Christians tend to get married earlier :s-smilie:

Yep Im still gonna be friends, but it sucks to see him taken, gonna have to find a way of meeting more Christian guys to take my mind off him :frown: thanks :smile:

I am sure you will find the perfect Christian guy(fingers crossed) just give it some time.:smile:
Original post by German123
I am sure you will find the perfect Christian guy(fingers crossed) just give it some time.:smile:

Don't worry about being alone. My mum's Christian friend got married to a Christian man when she was about 40 and that marriage is still going strong about 12 years later.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by foxfire54
Don't worry about being alone. My mum's Christian friend got married to a Christian man when she was about 40 and that marriage is still going strong about 12 years later.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you :smile: glad to hear your mum is doing well. A lot of Christian guys want women in their early 20s though? :frown:
Reply 38

I know so, I come from a Catholic family (I just struggle with faith personally, but I know how it goes).
Original post by CescaD96
I know so, I come from a Catholic family (I just struggle with faith personally, but I know how it goes).

Thanks anyway :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest