The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College Medical Applicants 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Owl279
Was anyone offered water at their interview?

they always have water on the table if thats what you mean? I remember last year DESPERATELY needing the water but I was too scared that I would be a clown and pour the water all over the table haha
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 1461
Original post by Ambitions
they always have water on the table if thats what you mean? I remember last year DESPERATELY needing the water but I was too scared that I would be a clown and pour the water all over the table haha

Yes they gave me a glass of water which was sweet. I was worried that they were giving it to me because my throat became really dry!! I'm just overthinking the situation haha 😝
Reply 1462
Original post by diseasedneckbeard
I didn't even do that.

From ~mid-March, I had to learn almost everything for the first time and also revise it.

This is me but from late April
Anybody on here got an interview tomorrow?
Reply 1464
Original post by SSJ96
Hi everyone

I'm new to tsr so please correct me if I'm doing something wrong.
Congrats to all those who have received offers after interview.
To those who were unsuccessful, I hope your application to the other universities are successful

I'm a gap year applicant and received an invite for interview from Imperial in December. I booked my interview in February.
Right now I'm preparing for my interview. I just needed some thoughts from those who had their interviews, as I've never been in a panel interview.
The questions I seem the most perplexed about is the ethics questions. How would you go about answering the ethics questions in general? The ISC Medical Interview book says think through it with the interviewers with each ethical principal's perspective Autonomy, Beneficence, Non-maleficence and Justice.
But another way of answering the question is by thinking about the situation from the views of all those involved, the possible effects on each group of individuals involved when deciding and then giving the final decision and explaining why.
Which is the more accepted way of answering the question? I know every person has their own preferred way of answering it, but which is more suitable as a way to actually answer the question asked?

Personally I think the best way to do it is to talk about the pros and cons of each possible decision and then make a final choice. There usually isn't a right answer but they're looking for why you choose one particular side over another
Reply 1465
Original post by LJB96
Personally I think the best way to do it is to talk about the pros and cons of each possible decision and then make a final choice. There usually isn't a right answer but they're looking for why you choose one particular side over another

Thanks for the reply and advice.
Yh I was thinking along the same lines but was a bit put off by the way the ISC Medical book handled it.
That's probably actually the way that best works for me. I've heard from others that what they really want to see is how you think so it's almost as though you're answering the question by brainstorming outloud so that they see how you handle it.
Original post by Graviton-Pulse
Hey, I've got my Imperial interview on the 3rd of March as well!!!!!!!!!

No way, woohooooo!!!!!!!!!! I lost hope completely lol!! What times urs? We'll probs see eachother without even knowing it haha

gd luck!! :smile:
Reply 1467
Anyone who felt they didn't answer a question properly and still got the offer?
I have made a facebook group for anyone who is holding an offer for Imperial to start in Oct 2015, so please join it and invite anyone that you know who also has an offer!

It's called: Imperial College London - Medicine offer holders 2015.
Just search for it and ask to join and I will add you to the group :smile:
How did your interview go?! Not sure i saw you during the tour

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ~Zahra~
How did your interview go?! Not sure i saw you during the tour

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yesterday? My interview was good! I hope I get an offer I Love it here!

I didn't go to the tour hehe

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by J_Weller
I have made a facebook group for anyone who is holding an offer for Imperial to start in Oct 2015, so please join it and invite anyone that you know who also has an offer!

Ok!! I will definitely add it !
Original post by Dinosaurus_Rex

Posted from TSR Mobile

Last time, the tour was cancelled so I was really disappointed
Original post by DCMed96

Last time, the tour was cancelled so I was really disappointed

I think they're mostly short student lead tours but if you've been to the open day you'll probably have seen everything already!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by YvT1
Anyone who felt they didn't answer a question properly and still got the offer?

How did your interview go?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats great i hope i get an offer too, imperial is awesome!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can't find it for some reason?
I can't find that group either
Reply 1477
Original post by ~Zahra~
How did your interview go?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Apart from the first question i think it was pretty gd.. but i barely mentioned anything about team work and leadership.. and i am scared that this will be the death of my dream.. ok they seem to have liked me in general and they said it was lovely talking to me and i don't know if it was them being polite or not.. i am really scared.. you said u did well? I do hope u did.. and i hope the rest of my interview was gd enough to get the offer.. i can't believ that i might have screwed this up..
I have a strong feeling Imperial forgot about my application or something 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think they're mostly short student lead tours but if you've been to the open day you'll probably have seen everything already!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am been there before, but looking at imperial college as general. I would like a more specific tour to the med school and see what;s like studying there cuz I can't wait to study there!!!! :smile:

Is imperial your first choice?

Original post by kashagupta
I can't find it for some reason?

Original post by mistabozza
I can't find that group either

A link for us please? :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending