The Student Room Group

What's your favourite type of clothes?

Scroll to see replies

Durable clothing made for long-term outdoor use. It's a bit of a minefield of expensive crap, but if you're a careful shopper you can find some genuinely high quality clothing that lasts years. I guess I like this stuff so much because not only do most of the clothes I buy use dull, muted colours like black and grey (reducing the amount of unwanted attention I'll get) but waterproof and usually made to be warm, which is needed in this climate. What's more it's tough which is great because I can be very hard wearing on my clothes, especially my knees, and the synthetic materials are less likely to snag on tree branches and thorns. Best of all most of these jackets and lined thermal trousers and things like that are not tight fitting like most women's clothing annoyingly tends to be these days, they're actually loose and hide my figure very well.

I hate most women's clothing nowadays, the stuff you find in outdoor activity shops and places like that are a breath of fresh air.
Reply 21
Thank you everyone for the answers!!!
Hijab
I love layering when I can -- probably better for me when it's a little colder! something like a shirt, with a merino knit, with a jacket over the top, with jeans and then a good pair of shoes. Otherwise, my standard look is a shirt under a chunkier crew knit, with slim jeans. I prefer dark jeans to chinos as they are much more versatile and a bit of wear is still acceptable.

Bootcuts and HATS INDOORS are my number one pet hates about clothing. Unless it's snowing indoors, hats are completely and utterly unacceptable.

My favourite brands are Ted Baker for clothing and Grenson for shoes.
Pretty skirts and dresses.
Reply 25
I really prefer smart casual clothes, like black jeans and a shirt possibly a blazer
Pyjamas. I literally wear pyjamas 90% of the time.

Or dresses :fluffy: When I have to wear people clothes I'll wear a dress :love:
I love wearing skirts and dresses, and the flowy/fit and flare type, not the tight fit. I wear dresses and skirts on a daily basis, the more casual kind. I find it more comfortable than jeans, and I guess it suits my personality better too. But when I get home, I get straight into my pyjamas, so I love them too.
Original post by Illegal Algebra
Real men dress in bespoke suits and luxury shirts. None of that scruffy stuff. Goes for you ladies too, learn about it. Hate seeing women in sh***y clothes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wrong. That sounds like another case of lewronggeneration. Real men, if you can use such a term, dress well and correctly for the occasion. You dress to impress but not to make others feel uncomfortable. You wouldn't turn up to a BBQ with a suit, just like you wouldn't turn up to an interview without one.

I love wearing my tan brogues, grey dress trousers, a clean white shirt, a navy herringbone waistcoat, my navy jacket and a rouge bow tie to pull it all together :biggrin:
Baggy jumpers, leggings and BOOTS!! :biggrin:
Reply 30
onesie If I could wear one every minute of the day that no one wouod see me I would they are so comfty.
Reply 31
Wooly jumpers and thick socks in the winter and anything light and floaty that covers my modesty in the summer.
At this time of year has to be thermals.

Best bit is no-one knows you are wearing them but you are super toasty.
When i was skinny i tended to wear my proper shoes or boots, jeans with a leather belt and then a combination of shirt+stripy jumper/shirt+skinny tie/shirt+suit jacket.

So smart causal or preppy i suppose.. got many comments from women along the lines of smart or trendy. Plus i used enough aftershave to intoxicate anybody around me.

On a woman i like UGG boots, tight black leggings/skirt/figure hugging dress, low cut of long top, lots of accessories on the neck, wrists and around the waist.

Unfortunately a lot of British women have horrible style like denim shorts or baggy leggings.
(edited 9 years ago)
Parkas, beanie hats, pyjamas, brand new socks.
Original post by Wilfred Little
Parkas, beanie hats, pyjamas, brand new socks.

All at once?
I will add that those wearing such offenses to style as onesie's should be burned at the stake like witches.
Original post by Maid Marian
All at once?

Only in summer.
Original post by Rakas21
I will add that those wearing such offenses to style as onesie's should be burned at the stake like witches.

I..I'm wearing a onesie right now, does this mean you're taking back the rep you just gave me? :emo:

Original post by Wilfred Little
Only in summer.

Of course. :yy:
Original post by Yeah dude
My camouflage shoes because no one can see my feet when I'm stood on grass :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I tried looking for some in tesco but i couldn't find any...

btw, this was my 666th post - it contains my favourite joke!!!!!! BOOM!
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply