The Student Room Group

Is it just me or have the men of today become way too vain?

Rating themselves out of 10, worrying about fashion and their hair.

Bring back real men. You dont have to be OTT masculine but guys wearing make up is just not on imo
What some might call pride and confidence, others would call vanity. It's a fairly meaningless judgement to make.
You're right, they're so vain. They probably think this thread is about them.
Reply 3
Original post by xMr_BrightSide
What some might call pride and confidence, others would call vanity. It's a fairly meaningless judgement to make.

nothing wrong with moisturising etc. i do

but when someone is constantly staring in the mirror... wow

tengentoppa
You're right, they're so vain. They probably think this thread is about them.

blackkidoh.gif
now men are being marketed to in the same way girls are. everyone will become air heads soon.
Original post by HarryDn
Rating themselves out of 10, worrying about fashion and their hair.

Bring back real men. You dont have to be OTT masculine but guys wearing make up is just not on imo

Yeah I prefer a real man #nohomo. Guys wearing makeup is not hot at all #nohomo.

In all honesty, I just think people are more image-conscious these days because of programs like Geordie Shore and stuff, everyone wants to "pull" and grooming is becoming more common and therefore more accepted amongst males like trimming your pubes and stuff

What I really can't stand though, is guys that "play dumb" like girls sometimes do, dunno if they think it's acceptable to come across as being thicker than Joey Essex but it isn't cool.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 6
It's actually not possible for a man to be too vain.The motivation behind vanity is the desire to be attractive to the opposite sex(I'm leaving gays out of this since there is no question that gays can't be too vain:smile:).
Thus if a mans toilet:colondollar:ever became so full on that it began to affect his attractiveness to women he would notice and adjust it until he was at the optimum level.
In short men do whatever they need to do to try to get the amount of sex they desire.
Where some women err is in mistaking their personal desires for,er,rough men and their inability to acquire such men with sufficient ease with the false assumption that the less rough men are mistaken in applying moisturiser etc etc.In fact those men are playing the percentages.Just as their genes dictate that they should.
Glad to have been able to help in this matter.Personally I swear by L Oreal Men Expert hydra energetic 24 hour hydration anti- fatigue moisturiser:cool:
Reply 7
Sorry, what were you saying? I was distracted by my aesthetics.
Reply 8
can't help it

Quick Reply

Latest