The Student Room Group

Oxford/ Age requirements

Hey guys! I want to apply for Medicine and at most of the universities you have to be 18 before the start of the second term. Don't really want to take a gap year though:frown: However, i couldn't find any info about the age requirements on the Oxford website, that may be a stupid question, but does that mean you can be 17 to get there?
It's worth contacting Oxford about this, but I highly doubt they'll be an exception, and you'll still have to be 18.
Reply 2
Original post by loperdoper
It's worth contacting Oxford about this, but I highly doubt they'll be an exception, and you'll still have to be 18.

okay, thanks anyway:smile:
Original post by loperdoper

There are no age requirements for Oxford. This is true of a number of unis - it just depends on what insurance they've negotiated.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by nexttime
There are no age requirements for Oxford. This is true of a number of unis - it just depends on what insurance they've negotiated.

omg, thank you sooo much, you literally made my day :biggrin:
was already about to start researching everything about biomed science haha
Original post by aigerimk
omg, thank you sooo much, you literally made my day :biggrin:

Source for the lack of an age requirement if you're interested.
There were quite a few international students who started aged 17 at Sheffield. They all turned 18 within the first year, but not necessarily within the first term. Just putting it out there in case you're planning to apply to a few different places!
Original post by aigerimk

If you are willing to change your desired course because you dont like the idea of a gap year, perhaps medicine at Oxford is not a good choice...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending