The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Plans to build David Ross Sports Village stopped by 3 trees

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-30931270

Is anybody else outraged by the stupidity of this? It was a big reason why I recently firmed Nottingham.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The university is already in talks as to how to alter the plans to enable the trees to stay in their place so the fitness centre will still be going ahead just not in the exact way it was originally put forward.

So don't worry there will still be a lovely new sports centre within the next few years however, depending on how long your course is, I'm not sure you'd get to benefit from it too much.

In terms of your question, yes I also think it's ridiculous.
(edited 9 years ago)
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by EMassey
The university is already in talks as to how to alter the plans to enable the trees to stay in their place so the fitness centre will still be going ahead just not in the exact way it was originally put forward.

So don't worry there will still be a lovely new sports centre within the next few years however, depending on how long your course is, I'm not sure you'd get to benefit from it too much.

In terms of your question, yes I also think it's ridiculous.

I'm a deferred applicant so hopefully I'll be able to use it. I'm glad to hear they are going to continue doing it though. Will the expected date of completion be longer than it is now?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Exceptional
I'm a deferred applicant so hopefully I'll be able to use it. I'm glad to hear they are going to continue doing it though. Will the expected date of completion be longer than it is now?

Ahhh fair enough :smile:

It's completely unknown at this stage as it depends on how long discussions and new plans take.
"Outraged by the stupidity of this?" No.

I've been at Nottingham for 4 years, and I love (and many people will agree) that the university is so green. The campus has such a nice environment, and I'm certain the university prides itself on this. If they chop down 3 trees, what'll stop them from chopping down more in the future? :P

Anyway, I'm certain they'll alter the design and build it anyway. It will be in their interest to develop this new building.

Quick Reply

Latest