The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zenith154
Calm down. The A n F department is gonna wake up in around June I think. Considering that the latest they gonna give offers out by is July. Now just sip some tea and meditate :smile:

Give offers in June/July? Latest universities can reply is May 7th. LSE says everyone hears no later than 31st March. You don't have to wait till July aha.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by jakepro94
That UCAS email almost made me leap out of my seat...

I think my heart stopped for a second when I saw the email..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rafael_96
Give offers in June/July? Latest universities can reply is May 7th. LSE says everyone hears no later than 31st March. You don't have to wait till July aha.

I was mistaken perhaps. My UCAS page says universities have up till 16th July to give out decisions lol
I was mistaken perhaps. My UCAS page says universities have up till 16th July to give out decisions lol

Isn't that for UCAS Extra mate?

Posted from TSR Mobile
So many egos in this thread smh. Facile.
Calm down. The A n F department is gonna wake up in around June I think. Considering that the latest they gonna give offers out by is July. Now just sip some tea and meditate :smile:

Just be patient, all you've done the whole time is slate the A and F department, they've sent out many offers its just that people don't post that they've got one.
Original post by PAPADAPADOPOLOUS
Just be patient, all you've done the whole time is slate the A and F department, they've sent out many offers its just that people don't post that they've got one.

Haha naw man I'm just cracking a joke. Didn't realise I came across as impatient. And I have no idea how Extra works lol
Original post by Rafael_96

I thought you wanted to go UCL? Or at least that was the case last year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2828
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
ECs mean nothing unless they're relevant. They don't care if you climbed Mount Kilimanjaro, saved a baby from a burning building or have done the Tour De France. Well first of all entry requirements are higher, which indicates higher demand for the subject. The process is more rigid. It is the only course at LSE they actively encourage people to take 4 A Levels and ask for UMS marks - which indicates they need more information to make informed decisions on applicants due to the competition, which isn't the case for other subjects. And from what I've seen on TSR and friends of mine who applied and got offers all had solid credentials. Whereas it's not uncommon for LSE to give offers for AAA courses to those with more modest performances (without trying to offend anyone) as long as they excel in areas such as the PS. I've seen it many times last year.

Anyways it's not difficult to imagine that a school with such a strong reputation for Economics would attract exceptional applicants for the subject, whereas for a lot of other disciplines it's less well-known for. There's a reason nobody mentions the "Political Science" part of it's name :wink:.

Edit: And for your point on UCAS points they are roughly correlated with A Level achievement is it not? And Econ has the highest of any subject at LSE so erm yh... The difference would be much larger if you factor out the "way more impressive ECs" you claim they have.

Yeah, I completely agree regarding irrelevant ECs. It's not like in America where they will accept you into Harvard only because you reached internetional standard in sport or something. I meant relevant ECs. And for IR, there are a lot of brilliant opportunities to do those. While in terms of Economics - you can do a school level internship at an IB, a summer school, or an online course. Not a lot of opportunities, really.

Regarding higher entry requirments - I disagree. It doesn't always indicate higher demand (and competition). They ask for an A* because they need people with good mathematics. Surely PPE/Law at Oxford aren't less competitive than LSE Economics only because they have AAA entry requirments? Regarding UMS - I agree, that is an indicator indeed.

There's a reason nobody mentions the "Political Science" part of it's name. I got the point! :wink: but still, for those who do want to do IR/Political Science - LSE is one of the best in the world. At least in all the international rankings which I've seen - it is placed in the top 5 along with Harvard and Princeton.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2829
Original post by lildchic
This is actually long...
No I'm not going to get evidence his is not a court case and i cannot be bothered but i you would like read the early pages.

You were the one that said 'i apologise' in regards to downgrading her offer so actually i was just telling you redirect that apology.

I'm not saying your an 'expert in the field' because its obvious you're not but you didn't believe her in a condescending tone.

Even if some people did get in with lower grades, that doesn't mean anything. It is still an anomaly. And I never said "I apologize"; I said "apologies" and this bears absolutely differenent connotations. And no, I didn't nor did believe her. I was surprised - that's it. You can go and believe everybody's word on the internet - but why do you want all other people to do the same? Whatever it is, TSR members (including me) read her PS and it is clearly amazing, so no more "disbelieving". Yeah, I think this means that you can chill now.
(edited 9 years ago)
So much beef
Original post by jchap9776
So much beef

Hahaha, just sitting here with my popcorn
Original post by benq
Even if some people did get in with lower grades, that doesn't mean anything. It is still an anomaly. And I never said "I apologize"; I said "apologies" and this bears absolutely differenent connotations. And no, I didn't nor did believe her. I was surprised - that's it. You can go and believe everybody's word on the internet - but why do you want all other people to do the same? Whatever it is, TSR members (including me) read her PS and it is clearly amazing, so no more "disbelieving". Yeah, I think this means that you can chill now.

I have zero clue what you're talking about now, you're not making sense to me and I really don't understand your point.

You made my friend feel bad and I acted how I saw fit in trying to convince you it was true.

As if you had to read her personal statement though... I'm shocked as to why that was necessary.

I think this means you can also chill too :smile:
Dude, it's just IR, why wouldn't you believe someone could have gotten an offer with that? If the rest of the application was excellent and they believed those grades will be improved...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2834
how rare is it for applicants to receive their application decision early (i.e. not at the end of 8 weeks)?
Original post by Mr Inquisitive
Hahaha, just sitting here with my popcorn

It's better than Twitter haha
Wow this thread suddenly has got busy. Anyone heard anything from management?
Selling popcorn.
Original post by Audi
Wow this thread suddenly has got busy. Anyone heard anything from management?

I'm waiting for that as well! Where are you at with the emails, if you don't mind me asking?
Hey guys! Im applying for maths with economics so does anyone know how competitive it is?

Quick Reply

Latest