The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 760
Original post by Ice_Queen

Same with basically any other form of fetish where the other party cannot consent (necrophilia, bestiality, etc.).

People can donate organs when they die. I think a new scheme should be started where people can donate their bodies when they die; and thereby give consent.

I reckon we'd get a decent sized morgue going. Problem solved :smile:
Original post by TheTechN1304
Palestine voted them in. They sohuld suffer the consequences

I prefer an ultimatum in which we warn the PA that we'll never recognize Palestine as a state unless it breaks off all ties with Hamas immediately.
The belief in pretty much unlimited free speech, and that that is the only way for free speech to be meaningful I say pretty much, I would still agree with restrictions on things like libel, but pretty much everything else should be free to be said (and that includes things like hate speech).
Original post by flibber
I prefer an ultimatum in which we warn the PA that we'll never recognize Palestine as a state unless it breaks off all ties with Hamas immediately.

[h="1"]“If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.”[/h]
Malcolm X

Perfect quote to represent how you have been misguided by the media into believing that Hamas randomly appearred out of nowhere... I'm not supporting them, but I'm not naive enough to not understand where they are coming from, bearing in mind they were democratically elected by Gazans. Israel is the opressor, what has happend throughout history when people are opressed or feel opressed is that they turn to extreme parties or ideologies to fight the opression and opressor. Just look at the rise of Nazism in Germany, ISIS in Iraq. What do these two ideologies have in common? They were for many and are still for some an alternative to "fight" the opression they have recieved.
Original post by flibber

Palestine isn't a state
Original post by TheTruthTeller
[h="1"]“If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.”[/h]
Malcolm X

Perfect quote to represent how you have been misguided by the media into believing that Hamas randomly appearred out of nowhere... I'm not supporting them, but I'm not naive enough to not understand where they are coming from, bearing in mind they were democratically elected by Gazans. Israel is the opressor, what has happend throughout history when people are opressed or feel opressed is that they turn to extreme parties or ideologies to fight the opression and opressor. Just look at the rise of Nazism in Germany, ISIS in Iraq. What do these two ideologies have in common? They were for many and are still for some an alternative to "fight" the opression they have recieved.

I disagree. I actually think that the media is not anti Hamas but anti Israel. Hamas is elected by Gazans but so is Israel's government elected by Israelis. I think both sides are equally bad; perhaps it's that Hamas uses rockets which gives them an "uncivilised" flavour to Western governments. I think the oppression would end sooner if Hamas stops firing rockers, so it'll deprive Israel of excuses to create new settlements. I also believe that talks will progress sooner if the PA ditched Hamas.
Original post by TheTechN1304
Palestine isn't a state

Perhaps it's not really a state. But I'd call it a nation.
God does not exist.
-addicts, alcoholics, criminals, and other immoral types should be permanently transported to some far-flung island to fend for themselves, Australia style. That would unburden society and clean up the streets.
Organised religions have no place in modern society and should be phased out.

Esperanto should replace English as the common language of the world.

It is the government's responsibility to ensure that all citizens' essential needs are met.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by flibber
I disagree. I actually think that the media is not anti Hamas but anti Israel. Hamas is elected by Gazans but so is Israel's government elected by Israelis. I think both sides are equally bad; perhaps it's that Hamas uses rockets which gives them an "uncivilised" flavour to Western governments. I think the oppression would end sooner if Hamas stops firing rockers, so it'll deprive Israel of excuses to create new settlements. I also believe that talks will progress sooner if the PA ditched Hamas.

Ofcourse opression wouldn't end more quickly if Hamas stopped firing rockets. Before Hamas Palestinians were still being opressed and killed. But ofcourse when 3 israeli illegal settlers are killed, Israel is "obviously" (extreme sarcasm" justified in the bombardment of Gaza. The British media in comparison to the American media is more against israel's violent actions, but never the less it is definatly not pro Hamas. All you need to do is watch a bit of Fox news to see why Americans are so paranoid ( Fox is very pro israel). Israel has been depriving Palestinians of rights and their land since 1948. With or without Hamas I don't see this ending. Just look at how settlements deemed illegal by the UN (Ofcourse this doesn't apply to Israel- sarcasm) have been expanding. Maybe if Israel stopped with it expansion of illegal settlements into Palestian land, parties like Hamas would'nt get elected in the first place.
I believe in an absolute free market in which all land is privately owned and there is no government to oppress free men. Also I am an atheist.
Clue's in the name? They're humans? Killing another person doesn't make you change species.

We should live like in Dawn The Planet Of the Apes, more or less, with the sacred rule: "Human DO NOT KILL Human" Things will be much easier, and better.
Each person should get to choose one person they want to have sex with, and that person should have sex with them.
I often find myself agreeing with Katie Hopkins...
Original post by Teaddict
I often find myself agreeing with Katie Hopkins...

Katie Hopkins most likely doesn't even agree with Katie Hopkins on most things
Reply 776
Original post by faggstagram
overweight/obese people should not be given medically advanced means to lose weight completely free of charge by having it on the NHS - of course assuming that their weight is not down to genuine problems making it uncontrollable

And underweight/anorexic people?
Class based discrimination should be a legitimate thing.
Original post by Carl117
Class based discrimination should be a legitimate thing.

Disgusting

Posted from TSR Mobile
I would be a dreadful feminist because my dream life is to be a housewife to a husband I adore and make him as happy and comfortable and pleasured as possible. :daydreaming: I would look after the house and the children each day, making everything lovely and in order for my husband to come home to. :daydreaming:

I think this view is quite controversial these days as women are supposed to be career-driven and not dependent on a man. :hmmm:

Latest