The Student Room Group

TSR Tennis Society IV

Scroll to see replies

Yes, so Wawrinka-Djokovic showdown for the 3rd straight year. In Round 4 in 2013, the Quarters in 2014 and now the Semis. Who'll take this one?

Who do we think the finalists will be?
Original post by Krish4791
Yes, so Wawrinka-Djokovic showdown for the 3rd straight year. In Round 4 in 2013, the Quarters in 2014 and now the Semis. Who'll take this one?

Who do we think the finalists will be?

Djokovic vs Murray, and Djokovic wins it in 4 sets.
Well that highly anticipated epic between Nishikori and Wawrinka was a no show to say the least! Thrilled with the semis for the men I hope they don't disappoint but I doubt we'll see any straight sets here. I think we'll see Djokovic vs Murray with Djokovic winning and Williams vs Sharapova with Williams again winning. Of course Stan could play a blinder but Djokovic winning all his matches in straights may be the difference
Still sticking with Djokovic-Berdych that Ii had from the last 16. Just any combination that avoids Novak-Andy please.

Gonna be Serena-ShARA in the womens I guess, unsurprisingly
I'll say Djokovic - Berdych or Wawrinka - Murray
Djokovic- Berdych with Nole winning it straight sets

Sharapova- Williams with Pova winning in 3 sets. Believe it.
Original post by K1NG93
Djokovic- Berdych with Nole winning it straight sets

Sharapova- Williams with Pova winning in 3 sets. Believe it.

Yeah, Bel18ve it.
Yeah, Bel18ve it.

18 ain't happening.
Original post by K1NG93
18 ain't happening.

It's as likely as the scenario you just outlined :biggrin:
It's as likely as the scenario you just outlined :biggrin:

Not really. Sharapova has to beat Serena one day and I think she might just do it sometime this year.

18 isn't that unlikely either as long as Fed is in top 4 he has a chance although he blew two perfect opportunities to win it last year.
Original post by K1NG93
Not really. Sharapova has to beat Serena one day and I think she might just do it sometime this year.

18 isn't that unlikely either as long as Fed is in top 4 he has a chance although he blew two perfect opportunities to win it last year.

Maybe that's what we're building up to. Serena's been claiming sickness the last few days, so she's either going to fight and win like a warrior in the final, or she's got her excuse lined up just in case her 11-year dominance over Sharapova ends.

Roger will stay at No. 2 for a while - only Murray could pressure him, and he has to win the Australian Open for that.
Very surprised both QF weren't battles at all today. Especially Stan-Kei.

Pulling for Stan to go all the way! Djokovic in this form though is going to be extraordinarily difficult to top. At the least, Stan doesn't seem to have been hugely taxed making his way to the semis, so he should have a lot left in the tank.

Even if people are putting Berdych as the favourite, I still don't think inside knowledge will be enough for him against Murray. It's one thing having a game plan, it's another executing against Murray, who has a lot more options than Berdych. Serving will be key for Berdych, and he needs to be as aggressive as he was against Nadal.

Hoping for Wawrinka-Murray. Everything points to Djokovic-Murray however.
Maybe that's what we're building up to. Serena's been claiming sickness the last few days, so she's either going to fight and win like a warrior in the final, or she's got her excuse lined up just in case her 11-year dominance over Sharapova ends.

Roger will stay at No. 2 for a while - only Murray could pressure him, and he has to win the Australian Open for that.

I really hope Serena doesn't win another slam. Absolutely can't stand her.

And for Roger it's a must that he stays in the top 4 if he is to win another slam. I'm curious to see how he fares in his next tournament after the disappointment of Aussie Open. And Murray ain't winning the Australian Open. Like Federer his best chance of winning another major is at Wimbledon.
Original post by Sirocco11

Even if people are putting Berdych as the favourite, I still don't think inside knowledge will be enough for him against Murray. It's one thing having a game plan, it's another executing against Murray, who has a lot more options than Berdych. Serving will be key for Berdych, and he needs to be as aggressive as he was against Nadal.

Hoping for Wawrinka-Murray. Everything points to Djokovic-Murray however.

Berdych leads their H2H 6-4 so I don't think he needs inside knowledge to beat Murray.
Original post by K1NG93
Berdych leads their H2H 6-4 so I don't think he needs inside knowledge to beat Murray.

Berdych ain't gonna beat Murray, mark my words. This is Murray's time.
Original post by Smash50
Berdych ain't gonna beat Murray, mark my words. This is Murray's time.

Murray ain't beating Djokovic or Wawrinka in the final though. :wink:
Original post by K1NG93
Murray ain't beating Djokovic or Wawrinka in the final though. :wink:

Yes, my prediction was Djokovic in 4 sets
Actually, I take it back about Djokovic after watching highlights of his match against Raonic. He looked nervous in the first set and wasn't playing that well until he took the first. Thankfully for him he was playing an even flakier opponent, he looked tight for the entire match. It's actually very disappointing for Raonic because leading up to the Open he was playing terrific tennis, being hugely aggressive, consistent, and his return had seemed to have improved hugely. The match against Federer in Brisbane was a prime example of this and I had a good feeling for him. This match showed that he still disintegrates when it gets to the majors, before the match has even been played. While he didn't have solid chances in the first set, it was because he didn't bother pushing Djokovic, or look to take the initiative.

Really hoping Stan goes after it on Friday. Djokovic won't make the slow start he did today, but he has a chance.
Original post by Smash50
Yes, my prediction was Djokovic in 4 sets

I think Stan the Man will beat Djokovic. I don't think Novak has been that great so far.
Original post by K1NG93
I think Stan the Man will beat Djokovic. I don't think Novak has been that great so far.

What are you smoking? Novak has been in terrific form throughout this tournament. I reckon he'll beat Wawrinka in straight sets.

Quick Reply

Latest