The Student Room Group

Boob Jobs

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Per
She said it was the most painful experience of her life and she's given birth.

More painful than childbirth??!! Woah 😁😁😁😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tilds1997
More painful than childbirth??!! Woah 😁😁😁😁

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah it really is painful. Worth it imo though
Although small and perky is always better than enormous in my opinion!
Reply 23
Original post by SnooFnoo
pssst just so you know...the majority don't have plastic surgery for anyone else but themselves. Other people's opinions don't come into it.

That may be the case, but it's still just a mask. You can't deal with the underlying self-esteem issues if you just get plastic surgery. Much more sustainable to get therapy or learn to accept that part of you.
Original post by s.a.u
That may be the case, but it's still just a mask. You can't deal with the underlying self-esteem issues if you just get plastic surgery. Much more sustainable to get therapy or learn to accept that part of you.

Why is talking therapy more valid treatment for self esteem/specific insecurities than surgery? Some people's insecurities are totally eradicated with surgery. Surely that's the goal anyway?
Reply 25
Why is talking therapy more valid treatment for self esteem/specific insecurities than surgery? Some people's insecurities are totally eradicated with surgery. Surely that's the goal anyway?

It's probably rarely that simple. If they're that bothered about something that they'd go through surgery, there are probably deeper issues. What else could they dislike about their appearance next? And what if it's something that can't be 'fixed' with surgery?
Original post by s.a.u
It's probably rarely that simple. If they're that bothered about something that they'd go through surgery, there are probably deeper issues. What else could they dislike about their appearance next? And what if it's something that can't be 'fixed' with surgery?

Then talking therapy can be an option. But for the majority, and I promise i've spoken to literally hundreds of women it's a option (they don't take lightly) which changes their life completely and makes them 100% happy.
I'd be sad that a friend of mine thought it necessary and were insecure about their breasts. Cosmetic surgery is lame.
Original post by Maid Marian
I'd be sad that a friend of mine thought it necessary and were insecure about their breasts. Cosmetic surgery is lame.

God, could you imagine that - someone being irrationally insecure about their body? :rolleyes:
Original post by Friar Chris
God, could you imagine that - someone being irrationally insecure about their body? :rolleyes:

Lots of people are insecure, but I am protesting against the use of cosmetic surgery because I was close to getting it myself once and I think it's entirely unnecessary for most people, do you disagree? :curious:
[scroll] :rolleyes:[/scroll]
I think everyone has the right to exorcise body autonomy
It would depend whether I thought that either friend/gf had nothing wrong before they had it done. As long as they didn't go ott with the size then it wouldn't bother me in the slightest it is their body they can do what they want with it. However if they did go ott then I would have to talk to them as to why they done that
Reply 32
Cosmetic surgery is lame.

How so?
Original post by Tilds1997
How so?

I think it's sad that we feel the need to surgically alter ourselves. Regarding breasts, I'm an A cup which is way smaller than most, but it's just a thing you have to accept. :s-smilie:
I think it's sad that we feel the need to surgically alter ourselves. Regarding breasts, I'm an A cup which is way smaller than most, but it's just a thing you have to accept. :s-smilie:

You don't have to accept it though. We have the medical advances to change our body to make ourselves more confident. So why shouldn't we use those advances?

If we should accept our flaws, we shouldn't wear make up either, or dye our hair etc
. We have the medical advances to change our body to make ourselves more confident.

Surgically altering your anatomy doesn't provide more confidence. Confidence is a psychological entity, and if you feel bad because of your natural phenotype that's generally indicative of psychological disorder or perverted expectations of the human figure from societal influence.

There is also no such thing as surgery without risks. The risk of dying hair or putting on make-up is approximately 0, while risks and complications of breast surgery are numerous and yes, potentially fatal. Also, hair and make-up are not intrinsically anything to do with 'flaws'; nobody puts on make-up because they think that we ought to all be born wearing foundation and mascara; it's a perceived enhancement - a temporary and minimal risk one. If people want to 'enhance' their breasts, then fine, but to feel a need to change or to perceive their normal breasts as 'flawed' is unhealthy.

Also, with notable exceptions (esp. reconstruction) cosmetic surgery is also not 'medical'.
Surgically altering your anatomy doesn't provide more confidence. Confidence is a psychological entity, and if you feel bad because of your natural phenotype that's generally indicative of psychological disorder or perverted expectations of the human figure from societal influence.

There is also no such thing as surgery without risks. The risk of dying hair or putting on make-up is approximately 0, while risks and complications of breast surgery are numerous and yes, potentially fatal. Also, hair and make-up are not intrinsically anything to do with 'flaws'; nobody puts on make-up because they think that we ought to all be born wearing foundation and mascara; it's a perceived enhancement - a temporary and minimal risk one. If people want to 'enhance' their breasts, then fine, but to feel a need to change or to perceive their normal breasts as 'flawed' is unhealthy.

Also, with notable exceptions (esp. reconstruction) cosmetic surgery is also not 'medical'.

Could have an allergic reaction tho :holmes:

*******s. If my left ear wasn't deformed that would be one less thing for me to have to worry about. Simple as.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
*******s. If my left ear wasn't deformed that would be one less thing for me to have to worry about. Simple as.

Not a valid comparison to normal breasts. You're attacking a straw man.
(edited 9 years ago)
Not a valid comparison to normal breasts. You're attacking a straw man.

To some women having small/no breast is a deformity. We live in a society were beauty is not a luxury, it's a commodity. Just like men having big dick equates to masculinity, big breasts equates to femininity. So why should women accept small breasts when we have the option to change it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending