The Student Room Group

Your Dream University?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Iggy Azalea
In my imagination:

A red-brick college town filled with parks, libraries and coffee shops. Occasional club and pub for going out. Loads of different activities, like going to the cinema, bowling and ice skating. Nice landscape set in the hills.

Complete freedom to study whatever you want, like a liberal arts degree but with more focused modules (i.e not being limited to pure humanities).

Exams/Coursework being regular, and therefore no need for a huge exam season that ruins the experience. Workload to remain constant and exams to be conducted electronically, rather than written.

Degrees cost-free and with those boringly long holidays being used to attend summer schools around the world. And cheap studio accommodation.

Oh and an eternal sunset...

You do that, you do that
I-GG-Y

CUZ YOU'RE SO LIB'RAL
Y'ALL READY KNOW
FROM OXFORD TO CAMBRIOH-OH-OH-OH
LSE :smile:
Hogwarts, if it were an actual Uni.
Imperial college,ucl
KCL or Swansea. On the one hand KCL is so close to the Ben and Jerry's store but then on the other hand Swansea's so close to the beach
A HUGE 24hr library
A night life as good as Newcastle
Societies for pretty much everything
Respected status
Reasonably priced rooms
Reasonable entry requirements
Awesome academics
High quality gym
... Yeah I don't think this place exists
Original post by Mariam35
A HUGE 24hr library
A night life as good as Newcastle
Societies for pretty much everything
Respected status
Reasonably priced rooms
Reasonable entry requirements
Awesome academics
High quality gym
... Yeah I don't think this place exists

yep. probably doesnt. but, sounds pretty ideal though?:smile:
Imperial college london it is the best uni ever"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
UCL but with enough study space to actually sit down and work.

If I got a penny for every time I walked around like a plonker trying to get some seating.....
The one I'm at. :biggrin:
My dream university?

Harvard's reputation.
Cambridge's funding.
Oxford's library.
UCL's location.
Newcastle's social life.
Exeter's weather.
St Andrews' sports facilities.
Since year 11 my dream unis always been LSE, no idea why though it doesn't seem like a good place for a social life. Starting Bristol this year which I'm sure will be a lot more fun
I have an offer at my dream university :smile: but my imagined dream university would have good pastry shops :tongue: and have a focus on breadth in the course - I want to be able to compare Chaucer and McEwan, or Romantic poetry and rap music! :tongue:
Glasgow!! :*
My dream uni WAS Oxford! :frown:

Well, settling for UCL now. I like it too. :P
Stanford.
Reply 36
Original post by Gott
Heidelberg

My Dad works for a company with head office in Heidelberg so I've been there once. I thought it was a really nice town. I once asked a German teaching assistant about it and all she had to say was that it was full of American businessman and Irish bars!

As for my perfect Uni... I'm really not sure. One that was free, gifted with better weather than England and still got me a qualifying English law degree would be ideal.
cambridge
Reply 38
Oxford
Oxford :biggrin:

And ideally, when (if) I get there I'll find some talented musicians to jam with :smile: I already know a couple of folkie people there so yep, sounds like a dream!

Quick Reply

Latest