The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Newcastle University Official

Scroll to see replies

Original post by evantej
I have a similar commute though I am limited in what I can do as my last bus is 18:30. Where do you live? Yes, I am being nosey. :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Last bus 18:30! That's not fair!
Sometimes lectures finish at 6!

I live 20 miles north of Newcastle. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Original post by rayquaza17
Last bus 18:30! That's not fair!
Sometimes lectures finish at 6!

I live 20 miles north of Newcastle. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

My last lecture finishes at 17:00 so I am okay for the time being. I live in Rothbury so the main problem I have is having to get up early to get into town for 09:00 and buses braking down or being unreliable in general.

I guess you live somewhere like Pegswood or Ashington? I suppose that will not be too bad as you might not have to get a bus which goes through Morpeth!
Original post by evantej
My last lecture finishes at 17:00 so I am okay for the time being. I live in Rothbury so the main problem I have is having to get up early to get into town for 09:00 and buses braking down or being unreliable in general.

I guess you live somewhere like Pegswood or Ashington? I suppose that will not be too bad as you might not have to get a bus which goes through Morpeth!

Yeah I live close to Ashington. I don't have to get a bus to Morpeth, there's a bus that goes directly (when I say directly I mean it still goes around the world) to where I live.

I have a lecture next semester that finishes at 6. Although I can still get the bus home, I'm not going to get in until 8 - and then I have to get up the next morning before 6!

I wish they wouldn't have lectures this late though, but I bet its the same in other unis. :frown:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 143
Hello, I have recently applied to study Biomedical Science (Integrated Masters) at Newcastle University. I sent my application off two days ago and have already heard back from Newcastle, they have offered me a conditional AAB offer. The problem is, I have also applied for the PARTNERS programme. Is it correct that if I am accepted onto the PARTNERS programme that my required grades will be reduced? In essence, I guess I'm asking if there's anything abnormal about this? Thanks a lot for reading.
Ever wanted to find out what it's really like to study at Newcastle University?
Get the chance to ask the experts as we put a panel of current students and recent graduates live on our YouTube channel to take your questions.
If you've got something you'd like to ask our students, just tweet with #NCLanswers or post it to our Facebook event wall (http://goo.gl/pNMdAc). Our team will then answer your questions during the live broadcast.

Original post by JoshZ
Hello, I have recently applied to study Biomedical Science (Integrated Masters) at Newcastle University. I sent my application off two days ago and have already heard back from Newcastle, they have offered me a conditional AAB offer. The problem is, I have also applied for the PARTNERS programme. Is it correct that if I am accepted onto the PARTNERS programme that my required grades will be reduced? In essence, I guess I'm asking if there's anything abnormal about this? Thanks a lot for reading.

Hi Josh,

Once the PARTNERS team has determined whether or not you're eligible for PARTNERS you’ll receive a letter with your outcome. If you are eligible then your grades will be reduced (BBB including Biology for B900), but this may take an additional two weeks after receiving the letter before its reflected on UCAS.

Hope that helps!:smile:

Rachel
Reply 146
Original post by Newcastle University
Hi Josh,

Once the PARTNERS team has determined whether or not you're eligible for PARTNERS you’ll receive a letter with your outcome. If you are eligible then your grades will be reduced (BBB including Biology for B900), but this may take an additional two weeks after receiving the letter before its reflected on UCAS.

Hope that helps!:smile:

Rachel

That is very helpful, thank you Rachel :smile:!
If you're considering Medicine at Newcastle, take a look at Medical student Joanne's latest blog on how to impress at interview... http://bit.ly/1yb5V5F
If you want to find out what it's really like to study at Newcastle University, don't miss the chance to ask the experts as we put a panel of current students and recent graduates live on our YouTube channel to take your questions.
If you've got something you'd like to ask our students, just tweet with #NCLanswers or post it to our Facebook event wall (http://goo.gl/pNMdAc). Our team will then answer your questions during the live broadcast, today at 12.30pm!

Hi everyone, we've had a lot of enquiries regarding Dentistry interviews over the past couple of days. If you’ve applied for dentistry at Newcastle, interviews will be held between January and March 2015 so don’t worry if you haven’t heard anything yet. Invites will be sent over next few weeks. :smile:
The University is now closed until Monday 5th January. Any questions posted will be responded to upon our return. Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year!
Unsure about what happens after Deadline Day? Don't miss the chance to ask the experts live on our YouTube channel! If you've got something you'd like to ask, just tweet with #NCLanswers or post it to our Facebook event wall. Our team will then answer your questions during the live broadcast, Friday 16th January at 4pm!

Hi everyone!

Welcome to Newcastle University’s official Q&A thread here on The Student Room.

Our team will be responding to your queries on anything about Newcastle University. If you have any questions about student life at Newcastle, or if there is something you might like to know about studying with us, please get in touch. For any questions you may not wish to post publicly, feel free to drop the team a private message.

The site will be monitored Monday–Friday, 9am–5pm and we will aim to respond to you within 24 hours.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Newcastle University Student Room Team: Rachel, Matt, Anna & Peff

Have decisions for Media, Communication and Cultural Studies been sent out already?
Also, as I am an international applicant studying in an American-curriculum high school, I listed my SAT score on UCAS when I applied. My question is, do I also have to send the official SAT score report from CollegeBoard to the university?

[h="3"]
Original post by bianca2402
Have decisions for Media, Communication and Cultural Studies been sent out already?
Also, as I am an international applicant studying in an American-curriculum high school, I listed my SAT score on UCAS when I applied. My question is, do I also have to send the official SAT score report from CollegeBoard to the university?

Hey, thanks for getting in touch :smile:

January is a very busy time for admissions as the majority of applications come through in November and December at once, and currently it's taking at least 6 weeks for a decision to be made.

If we require evidence of the SAT's you'll either be emailed by admissions, or the request will be made with your offer.

Hope this helps!

Rachel
Hey, thanks for getting in touch :smile:

January is a very busy time for admissions as the majority of applications come through in November and December at once, and currently it's taking at least 6 weeks for a decision to be made.

If we require evidence of the SAT's you'll either be emailed by admissions, or the request will be made with your offer.

Hope this helps!

Rachel

Hi, thanks so much for getting back to me!
Alright then, really hope I receive an offer. :smile:
Just wondered when we will here if we have got an interview or unsuccessful?

Also how many places does the oral health sciences have?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by brun.sarah
Just wondered when we will here if we have got an interview or unsuccessful?

Also how many places does the oral health sciences have?

Hi Sarah,

There are 10 places on the Oral Health Sciences course. I spoke to the Dental School admissions team and they said that interview offers are starting to go out, but they are still shortlisting so it might be a few weeks before some applicants are contacted.

Hopefully you'll hear back soon :smile:

Persephone
Got all unconditional offers for Computer Science on my application, except for Newcastle who are holding out on me! A few questions;

1. Have an Admissions Day coming up on the 14th. Will offers be made based on that day or is that just an opportunity to see the department and speak with academic staff, no pressure?

2. What's the situation with outside client software being blocked on accommodation internet (so no online gaming)? Is there a work-around in the pipes for this?
Original post by KarMa611
Got all unconditional offers for Computer Science on my application, except for Newcastle who are holding out on me! A few questions;

1. Have an Admissions Day coming up on the 14th. Will offers be made based on that day or is that just an opportunity to see the department and speak with academic staff, no pressure?

2. What's the situation with outside client software being blocked on accommodation internet (so no online gaming)? Is there a work-around in the pipes for this?

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in replying! Your query was passed on to the relevant member of staff, but unfortunately they have been on sick leave and so weren't able to respond in time. Have you received your offer now? If not, could you please PM us with your full name and UCAS ID, plus the course(s) you applied to, and we'll track your application down :smile:

Our IT team gave the following reply to your second question:

We know that online computer games are an important leisure activity for many students and we are investigating ways in which we can make some gaming facilities available within Halls without compromising the performance, security or resilience of our academic network.

There is a huge workload associated with our current network upgrades and this high priority infrastructure work has to be the immediate focus for the network team.

We will be assessing which platforms are of most value to students, planning how to deliver the service and make sure that it is scalable. This may involve pilots in specific buildings. We will hopefully be doing some work soon with Halls Reps who can help us identify the most popular systems.

Hope that helps :smile:

Persephone
Thinking about studying Dentistry next year? Don’t miss our free Dentistry Day in April where you can find out what life is really like as a dental student at Newcastle University.

Chat to our current students, check out our industry leading facilities, and meet the lecturers that could be teaching you. As part of the day you’ll also take part in a hands on clinical skills workshop and attend an actual dental lecture. All you have to do is register your place: http://bit.ly/1zHfJC4

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending