The Student Room Group

Not fancying someone cause of their name?

Any one had this? I like this dude but his name puts me of him.. :eek:
What is his name?
Original post by Anonymous
Any one had this? I like this dude but his name puts me of him.. :eek:

what is his name?!
Sorry i mean no offence but, I read this and literally thought of the Katie Hopkins rage thing haha
Reply 4
Original post by hycurrie
Sorry i mean no offence but, I read this and literally thought of the Katie Hopkins rage thing haha
Hah Tyler, yeah OP if that's his name he's clearly a bad egg anyway.
What on earth. Are you like 15 ?
how bad is his name that it puts you off that much?

Surely if you like him, you'll be able to overlook it
Original post by ParadiseFound
What on earth. Are you like 15 ?

Offended. :colonhash:

:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've never had that, surely you can overlook it?
I have been put off names before, OP.

Spoiler

So like if they're named after

liquor
hashtags
celebrities
fruit :colonhash:
cars
namebrands (I have a friend who named her kid Gucci :nothing:)

Just name em John or Ali or a name in your native language, and shut the hell up.
i hope your personality will put him off you :cool::u:
You shouldn't be put off by his name. He cant help it , his parents gave it to him, he's stuck with it now. You should consider that you are being very doubtful of him. His name shouldn't matter you could give him a nickname that you both like haha
If he has the same name as your brother or your dad then yeah I'd be put off too.

If it was stupid I'd be put off aswell. By stupid I mean out of the ordinary like how someone tried to call their kid "Nutella" the other day.
If I met a girl with an awful name I'd be worried about wtf type of parents she has and if it had any effect on her upbringing. But if it's actually just a regular name that you don't like I don't really see the big deal
Just use a pet name if it really bothers you.
Yep I don't like names such as paul, Brian etc (no offence to any Paul's or Brian's on here :smile:)
One time the guy I was getting to know had the same name as my brother, I tried to ignore it but in the end I just couldnt stop thinking about if the relationship went any further...*shudder* :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest