The Student Room Group

Well done Australia .....

http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2015/jan/28/australia-confirms-15-boats-carrying-429-asylum-seekers-have-been-turned-back

Well don Australia for sending these Muslim asylum seekers back, if only Europe would follow your example of preserving your society
Original post by Native To Europe
http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2015/jan/28/australia-confirms-15-boats-carrying-429-asylum-seekers-have-been-turned-back

Well don Australia for sending these Muslim asylum seekers back, if only Europe would follow your example of preserving your society

Europe does already.
Original post by MatureStudent36
Europe does already.

It does not send enough of them back. These boats that are hitting our shores every day should be towed out to see before they can step foot in Europe
Why in hells name would anyone admire Australia.

Horrible Horrible governmnet, vying with Canada to be the least environmentally and most anti-science government in the world.
Reply 4
Australia is the best country in the world hands down.
Original post by redferry

Horrible Horrible governmnet, vying with Canada to be the least environmentally and most anti-science government in the world.

Examples of their anti-science policies please?
Reply 6

ay ridiculous these people have any power in our societies; clearly positivist philosophy has yet to triumph over idiocy.
Reply 7
vying with Canada to be the least environmentally and most anti-science government in the world.
I wanted to argue against that. But I see I can't because I only have out-of-date information. Up to date information:

The Canadian War on Science: Updates to the chronology of the Conservative government’s anti-science actions

Harper’s attack on science: No science, no evidence, no truth, no democracy

I looked into emigrating to Canada a few years ago but they wouldn't have me. I'm now glad they didn't!
Original post by Skip_Snip
Examples of their anti-science policies please?

Australia:
Denying climate change,
Dumping sediment on the great Barrier Reef,
Cutting science and research funding significantly
Denying entry to academics

Canada:
Denying climate change
Banning researchers who work in environmental research from talking to the press about their work
Cutting all environmental researcher jobs not linked to the fossil fuels industry and forcing them out of the country
Major cuts to science research funding
Eliminating any research that might bring to light evidence that goes against industrial development
Reducing Environment Canada's engagement with the media by 80%
Putting surveillance on the fisheries and natural resources department
Denying scientists access to data on pollution and natural hazards
Scrapped most of their LiDAR stations

I could go on.

I always wanted to work in Australia or Canada but these days if I went to the country I'd be put on some high surveillance watch list simply for working in the environmental sector. Terrifying.
Hahahaha Australia FTW :biggrin:
Original post by Simes
I wanted to argue against that. But I see I can't because I only have out-of-date information. Up to date information:

The Canadian War on Science: Updates to the chronology of the Conservative government’s anti-science actions

Harper’s attack on science: No science, no evidence, no truth, no democracy

I looked into emigrating to Canada a few years ago but they wouldn't have me. I'm now glad they didn't!

Yeah I work in environmental research, I don't think I would be allowed into the country these days. I always wanted to emigrate to Vancouver but now I never can :frown:

You know last year they had the highest rate of deforestation of any country in the world?
Australia is a great country, but the Abbott government is screwing it up big time ...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending