The Student Room Group

2015 Nursing Applications - Where? Which Branch?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Enesaxxx
Hey, got an email from DMU today, they're not offering me a place for nursing :frown: they said they will email me with an alternative course, I thought I'd let you know, have you heard anything yet?

What nursing type did you apply for?
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has had their interview for leeds beckett for adult nursing? I have one coming up soon and any advice/ tips would be appreciated :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 2 Nurse be
ah i wouldn't worry then cause i applied late october when not many people got there's in. Was called for my interview for a couple of weeks later and got the offer two days after the interview :smile: thank you, good luck for yours :smile:

How many child nursing places do DMU have roughly?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by charlotteemilyw
I had. Good day at Surrey yesterday but my good mood didn't lasting As I failed the maths test at kingston today!?
So far I've had..........
Rejection from southampton
Interview at LSBU but a rejection
Interview at Herts but. Rejection
Failed on kingston maths test
Waiting from Surrey

Not looking hopeful.......feeling a bit deflated at the moment!! ������

Dont worry xx Did you apply for child nursing?
Hi,

I had an interview at Leeds beckett in December and got an unconditional offer. It's a relaxed day so don't worry too much x

Original post by janec1
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has had their interview for leeds beckett for adult nursing? I have one coming up soon and any advice/ tips would be appreciated :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone had an interview for learning disability nursing?
Original post by Navpreet75
Has anyone had an interview for learning disability nursing?

I've had one at LSBU and I've got one next week at Cumbria, have you had any? :smile:
Original post by Suziea75
Hi,

I had an interview at Leeds beckett in December and got an unconditional offer. It's a relaxed day so don't worry too much x

Well done on your offer! Aw thats good! Quite nervous lol, is the questions just quite general if you don't mind me asking :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chloe12218
I've had one at LSBU and I've got one next week at Cumbria, have you had any? :smile:

Hi thats good I've got two nxt week one for dmu and one for bcu but worrief about the maths test for bcu :/
Quite general, if you look on their website about what they like to see in your personal statement the questions are based around that x

Original post by janec1
Well done on your offer! Aw thats good! Quite nervous lol, is the questions just quite general if you don't mind me asking :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I used bbc bitesize to brush up on my maths x
Quite general, if you look on their website about what they like to see in your personal statement the questions are based around that x

Thanks so much for your advice! Really helpful!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Vxckyy_
Dont worry xx Did you apply for child nursing?

No, adult. Feel really down about it all at the moment. If I get an offer from Surrey then that only leaves me one option. Considering working in a care environment for a year to get more experience and applying next year. I had no idea it would be this hard and stressful 😞
No, adult. Feel really down about it all at the moment. If I get an offer from Surrey then that only leaves me one option. Considering working in a care environment for a year to get more experience and applying next year. I had no idea it would be this hard and stressful 😞

Are you a sixthform/college student? What experience do you have? And don't worry it's really not the end It's early days. There's many many places for adult nursing through clearing aswell so dont be put down. Thing positively 😊

Hey there, I know how you feel! I applied for children's last time around and didn't get a place :frown: But I've now got an amazing job and much more experience so have applied again! It feels like the end of the world but its not trust me! Just get extra experience and apply again like I have! X :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi,
I've applied for adult nursing to start September 2015. I'm currently an access student too. I've applied for Uwe, Cardiff, west London and Plymouth, I have an interview for uwe on the 18th February
Original post by Vxckyy_
Are you a sixthform/college student? What experience do you have? And don't worry it's really not the end It's early days. There's many many places for adult nursing through clearing aswell so dont be put down. Thing positively 😊

Yeah, currently at sixth form. I am currently working in two care homes, one which is dementia care. I also work in Boots on a Saturday and have also done work experience with the practice nurse at my doctors surgery. I thought my work experience was a strong part of my application!
Original post by ollynicky
Hey there, I know how you feel! I applied for children's last time around and didn't get a place :frown: But I've now got an amazing job and much more experience so have applied again! It feels like the end of the world but its not trust me! Just get extra experience and apply again like I have! X :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for your response, good to know that I'm not the only one to feel like this! Part of me feels that as I've had these rejections that maybe I'm just not ready and a year of working will help!
Thanks for your response, good to know that I'm not the only one to feel like this! Part of me feels that as I've had these rejections that maybe I'm just not ready and a year of working will help!

Your not trust me, although it probably feels like you are! Yup I thought I was ready last time but after not getting in and working instead I've realised that I'm much more ready this year! So a year out might do you good!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone applied to York for adult nursing?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending