The Student Room Group

To people who DON'T drink alcohol

Scroll to see replies

Original post by StarvingAutist
Haha it was pretty recent. Of course, my memory could be deceiving me but I did a quick check on google and it seems to add up.
I'll be going in October :smile: I wish it were sooner!
Tbf I'll probably join them, damaged health regardless :L

I'll reply in the morning I'm tired

:goodnight:
Original post by Schrödingers Cat
I'll reply in the morning I'm tired

:goodnight:

Bit early for a wild party animal such as yourself :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't see anything wrong with those that don't like drinking alcohol. It is perfectly normal. Not everyone likes partying and not everyone needs alcohol to have a good time either.
Alcohol, when drunk with the intention to become drunk, is a form of unconscious escapism. I prefer conscious escapism, like reading fiction books.

Why pay to go out and get drunk if you're not going to remember and if you're very likely to do things you'll regret. No thanks. Also I dislike the taste of most alcohol.

If you need alcohol to enjoy yourself, that says something about you
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by StarvingAutist
Bit early for a wild party animal such as yourself :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, I had work in the morning :colonhash:

Well anyway, that's good to hear you'll be joining the party bus :colone:

Original post by beyknowles
Alcohol, when drunk with the intention to become drunk, is a form of unconscious escapism. I prefer conscious escapism, like reading fiction books.

Why pay to go out and get drunk if you're not going to remember and if you're very likely to do things you'll regret. No thanks. Also I dislike the taste of most alcohol.

If you need alcohol to enjoy yourself, that says something about you

Erm..... since when did getting drunk always involve unconsciousness?

I've never not a remembered a night out because of being drunk, I think you're thinking of being paralytic.

You do realise you're in the minority by not drinking so that statement is a bit of a generalization
Haha, I had work in the morning :colonhash:

Well anyway, that's good to hear you'll be joining the party bus :colone:

Erm..... since when did getting drunk always involve unconsciousness?

I've never not a remembered a night out because of being drunk, I think you're thinking of being paralytic.

You do realise you're in the minority by not drinking so that statement is a bit of a generalization

I said 'with the intention to get drunk', when you're drunk, you aren't fully aware of what you're doing. Your speech, movement and memory are affected, fair enough I'm not saying that every time you get drunk you don't remember anything at all, but I will never understand the need to get drunk.

Why do you feel the need to get drunk?
I said 'with the intention to get drunk', when you're drunk, you aren't fully aware of what you're doing. Your speech, movement and memory are affected, fair enough I'm not saying that every time you get drunk you don't remember anything at all, but I will never understand the need to get drunk.

Why do you feel the need to get drunk?

I know you said with the intention of getting drunk, there are different levels of being drunk... I'm guessing you've never been drunk?

Main reasons why I like getting drunk:

- More sociable
- More confident
- Do stuff I wouldn't do when sober
- Easier to get on girls without it being awkward
- More relaxed
- Have more fun
I know you said with the intention of getting drunk, there are different levels of being drunk... I'm guessing you've never been drunk?

Main reasons why I like getting drunk:

- More sociable
- More confident
- Do stuff I wouldn't do when sober
- Easier to get on girls without it being awkward
- More relaxed
- Have more fun

I see your point but you can go out with friends and drink coke and still be sociable and confident, if you depend on alcohol for these purposes then fair enough

If you really wanted to do these things, you'd do them sober

I personally wouldn't want to meet girls when drunk, because I'd most probably make a cont of myself, and what's the point of that? Fair enough if you're only looking for a sh4g, but I wouldn't go out with the intention to pull, if it's gonna happen it will (this is me personally). Also, if you get drunk and find a girl you like.. what are you gonna do next time you meet up? Make sure you're always drunk when you see her?

Alcohol is a depressant. You get the high and then you feel like sh1t the next day (a lot of the time), and it's rare that you're not gonna be hanging in the morning, I'd rather not

As I've already said, you don't need alcohol to have fun.

Let me tell you, I'm not suggesting that I never want to get drunk in my lifetime, I just don't see the need to drink every time you go out. And alcohol has different effects on different people. Some people are only worth being around when they are drunk, but some people get angry when they are drunk, or they are annoying.

And to answer your question, no I've never been drunk and I don't plan to get drunk in the near future. It's weird because all of my family (used to) drink, but it just doesn't appeal to me.
I see your point but you can go out with friends and drink coke and still be sociable and confident, if you depend on alcohol for these purposes then fair enough

If you really wanted to do these things, you'd do them sober

I personally wouldn't want to meet girls when drunk, because I'd most probably make a cont of myself, and what's the point of that? Fair enough if you're only looking for a sh4g, but I wouldn't go out with the intention to pull, if it's gonna happen it will (this is me personally). Also, if you get drunk and find a girl you like.. what are you gonna do next time you meet up? Make sure you're always drunk when you see her?

Alcohol is a depressant. You get the high and then you feel like sh1t the next day (a lot of the time), and it's rare that you're not gonna be hanging in the morning, I'd rather not

As I've already said, you don't need alcohol to have fun.

Let me tell you, I'm not suggesting that I never want to get drunk in my lifetime, I just don't see the need to drink every time you go out. And alcohol has different effects on different people. Some people are only worth being around when they are drunk, but some people get angry when they are drunk, or they are annoying.

And to answer your question, no I've never been drunk and I don't plan to get drunk in the near future. It's weird because all of my family (used to) drink, but it just doesn't appeal to me.

Oh **** you're a guy, yes you can drink coke when you go out and sometimes when I go to the pub I don't drink because I don't need to.

Sorry I forgot to say are you of legal of age? If not then this makes sense but if you are I'm surprised. Guess you've never had a one night stand or been clubbing before? When you get to uni you'll experience all this :colone:

It's not rare that you don't get hangovers in the morning, you only get hangovers if you drink a **** tonne.

How do you know if you don't need alcohol to have fun if you've never had it? :holmes:

Like I said I don't get drunk every time I got out, only when I got clubbing or want to pull
Oh **** you're a guy, yes you can drink coke when you go out and sometimes when I go to the pub I don't drink because I don't need to.

So many people presume I'm a girl, in fact this happened on here earlier too. And also, alcohol is more expensive!! Lol

Sorry I forgot to say are you of legal of age? If not then this makes sense but if you are I'm surprised. Guess you've never had a one night stand or been clubbing before? When you get to uni you'll experience all this :colone:

Nahh I'm 17 in May (yes.. I should just say im 16), but my college have had 3 parties so far (where you get relatively drunk before and then go to a club where you aren't allowed to drink because you're underage, but people try to sneak some in), so I could have gone to them but I didn't. But that's mainly because I have no real friends at college (who drink) lol so I wouldn't go on my own. And nope I've never, and I'm sure when I'm at Uni I will, but I do know that I definitely won't be one of those that have lots of pointless sex and who blags about it/is known for it. Obviously I want to experience, but I'm just not that, desperate?, to experience as other boys are

It's not rare that you don't get hangovers in the morning, you only get hangovers if you drink a **** tonne.

I have 7 siblings, and of the 3 that go out and drink, they're always hanging in the morning which is where I got this from haha

How do you know if you don't need alcohol to have fun if you've never had it? :holmes:

Because I don't drink and I've had fun a lot ? I've been to house parties while I was in Year 11, I didn't drink(other than like VS, low % shots from HomeBargains), everyone else did, I absolutely loved it ! (I did like being around my friends when they were drunk tbh because I'm not drunk myself so I can laugh at them)

Like I said I don't get drunk every time I got out, only when I got clubbing or want to pull

Well I guess everyone is different! Do you smoke btw?
(edited 9 years ago)
Because it's f***ing filthy, disgusting and smelly. It tastes like fermented cat piss mixed with rotten vomit. Why the hell would I drink filth? No thanks, I'll stick with drinking good, tasty stuff.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Illegal Algebra
Because it's f***ing filthy, disgusting and smelly. It tastes like fermented cat piss mixed with rotten vomit. Why the hell would I drink filth? No thanks, I'll stick with drinking good, tasty stuff.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Like?

So many people presume I'm a girl, in fact this happened on here earlier too. And also, alcohol is more expensive!! Lol

Nahh I'm 17 in May (yes.. I should just say im 16), but my college have had 3 parties so far (where you get relatively drunk before and then go to a club where you aren't allowed to drink because you're underage, but people try to sneak some in), so I could have gone to them but I didn't. But that's mainly because I have no real friends at college (who drink) lol so I wouldn't go on my own. And nope I've never, and I'm sure when I'm at Uni I will, but I do know that I definitely won't be one of those that have lots of pointless sex and who blags about it/is known for it. Obviously I want to experience, but I'm just not that, desperate?, to experience as other boys are

Interesting, Yeah I've been to a few of those at my college but I always drank actually :laugh:
Yes, yes you will :colone:

I have 7 siblings, and of the 3 that go out and drink, they're always hanging in the morning which is where I got this from haha
I'm not surprised that they would drink a **** tonne aha

Because I don't drink and I've had fun a lot ? I've been to house parties while I was in Year 11, I didn't drink(other than like VS, low % shots from HomeBargains), everyone else did, I absolutely loved it ! (I did like being around my friends when they were drunk tbh because I'm not drunk myself so I can laugh at them)

Yes but how do you know you won't have more fun when you drink? I know it's fun to laugh at them, but it's even more fun to be drunk and laugh with them (trust me) :colone:

Well I guess everyone is different! Do you smoke btw?

Yes they are, no why do you ask?

Answers in bold
I'm a control freak, I'm terrified of anything mind-altering.
Yes but how do you know you won't have more fun when you drink? I know it's fun to laugh at them, but it's even more fun to be drunk and laugh with them (trust me)

Fair enough, well I'll know this soon because I'm 100% moving to Uni, so I guess I'll have some experiences lol

I'm not surprised that they would drink a **** tonne aha

What do you mean by this haha :colondollar:
Original post by Chlorophile
I'm a control freak, I'm terrified of anything mind-altering.

It's not like smoking weed, I always think alcohol enhances your current mood, it doesn't alter your mind.

It just makes you more, well you :tongue:
Fair enough, well I'll know this soon because I'm 100% moving to Uni, so I guess I'll have some experiences lol

What do you mean by this haha :colondollar:

I bet :tongue:

They just sound like typical lads :wink:
It's not like smoking weed, I always think alcohol enhances your current mood, it doesn't alter your mind.

It just makes you more, well you :tongue:

If it makes me more me, that's definitely not a good thing...
I bet :tongue:

They just sound like typical lads :wink:

haha :redface:

I have 4 brothers and 3 sisters. My 2 oldest brothers drink a lot, my oldest sister drinks a bit but never anything more than an alcopop type thing, but my 2nd oldest sister is the manliest of them all hahah she always gets fkd and does.. regrettable.. things !
Original post by Chlorophile
If it makes me more me, that's definitely not a good thing...

Why, what are you like? :sexface:
haha :redface:

I have 4 brothers and 3 sisters. My 2 oldest brothers drink a lot, my oldest sister drinks a bit but never anything more than an alcopop type thing, but my 2nd oldest sister is the manliest of them all hahah she always gets fkd and does.. regrettable.. things !

Haha brilliant.

Maybe you could introduce me to your older sister :sexface:
Why, what are you like? :sexface:

Well I'm incredibly antisocial and I'd never be in a party. If a drug stopped that and exaggerated all parts of my personality, I'd probably start arguing with everyone about literally everything and generally be very, very annoying.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending