The Student Room Group

Early lectures

Scroll to see replies

I get up at about 4:45am for 9am lectures now (doing my MSc so commuting, but because of intermitting and one module change I do only have to be in one day a week now). I get the 6:45am train (get to uni at about 8:20am so I am a bit early but if I didn't get that train I'd end up being late if the next train was delayed), so leave my house at 6:15, so I have 1.5 hours to get ready beforehand (probably seems extreme but I am on 'double breakfast' due to a meal plan and that takes up about 40 mins for me).

I really struggled at uni with waking up early. I switched from being a morning person to having really bad insomnia and awful sleep patterns for years (normal was 4am - 1pm-ish for years). Now I am back to being a morning person, so I like being up early but I wish I lived closer so I didn't have to worry about waking up on time for uni. Especially now I am on meds which make me sleep more!
Original post by Liv1204
I get up at about 4:45am for 9am lectures now (doing my MSc so commuting, but because of intermitting and one module change I do only have to be in one day a week now). I get the 6:45am train (get to uni at about 8:20am so I am a bit early but if I didn't get that train I'd end up being late if the next train was delayed), so leave my house at 6:15, so I have 1.5 hours to get ready beforehand (probably seems extreme but I am on 'double breakfast' due to a meal plan and that takes up about 40 mins for me).

I really struggled at uni with waking up early. I switched from being a morning person to having really bad insomnia and awful sleep patterns for years (normal was 4am - 1pm-ish for years). Now I am back to being a morning person, so I like being up early but I wish I lived closer so I didn't have to worry about waking up on time for uni. Especially now I am on meds which make me sleep more!

How do you do that :eek: The earliest I've got up on a regular basis is 6! I tried at half 5 for a few weeks to get on an even earlier train but that didn't last long and cost me too much in subway :tongue:
Original post by KiwiMonkey96
How do you do that :eek: The earliest I've got up on a regular basis is 6! I tried at half 5 for a few weeks to get on an even earlier train but that didn't last long and cost me too much in subway :tongue:

I've just kind of switched to being a morning person again over the last few months! Back when I started my MSc I was having to wake up at 5:45am on uni days (fortunately just twice a week) but I used to worry so much about not waking up on time that I'd end up not being able to sleep at all so just having all-nighters before uni, and it was horrible!

Spent 5 months in hospital this year where we had to be up every day in time for meds at 8am (and about 7 weeks of that on a ward where we were woken by 6:30am-ish to be weighed) and I ended up just liking being up so early. I'd be up, dressed and ready for the day by 6am, so I could just chill and read, play board games, do work on my laptop etc, and I just found I love that time of day!

Would hate having to do the 4:45am wake-up/6:45am train commute to uni for 9am every day though, luckily it is just once or twice a week!
Original post by Liv1204
I've just kind of switched to being a morning person again over the last few months! Back when I started my MSc I was having to wake up at 5:45am on uni days (fortunately just twice a week) but I used to worry so much about not waking up on time that I'd end up not being able to sleep at all so just having all-nighters before uni, and it was horrible!

Spent 5 months in hospital this year where we had to be up every day in time for meds at 8am (and about 7 weeks of that on a ward where we were woken by 6:30am-ish to be weighed) and I ended up just liking being up so early. I'd be up, dressed and ready for the day by 6am, so I could just chill and read, play board games, do work on my laptop etc, and I just found I love that time of day!

Would hate having to do the 4:45am wake-up/6:45am train commute to uni for 9am every day though, luckily it is just once or twice a week!

Fair enough :smile:
I've never been an early bird, I hated getting up early for school and I still hate it now.
Reply 25
I was up from midnight on Wednesday (due to ****ed up schedule partly because of my partner's work schedule this week), left for uni at 06:40-ish. Today I got up at 5:30am and left for uni at 06:55. Got a lecture at 08:15 tomorrow so it'll be another early start. I'm feeling so unbelievably crabby right now from being exhausted after that getting-up-at-midnight nonsense.
I have 9am lectures 4 days a week - 4 days of waking up at 6am. I'm more of a morning person though so it's not so bad.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I get up at 5am regularly now when I am on the early shift. I still struggle to get up at 9am lol

I think I just hate waking up no matter what the time is. Another ****y day.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest