The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
the question doesn't make sense
Just to set the record straight, I am a Fundalmentalist Christian and an Ultra-Conservative and my wife and I both have gay friends. A true Christian can befriend anyone. "Judge not lest ye be judged."

My wife used to have a job that required 90% travel and a lot of socialization. She grew up in a small town and had never met a gay person before this job. Yet, in very little time she developed a gay posse. At first she was timid but quickly discovered that she could be as out there as she wanted to be and not be judged.

People enjoy acceptance and the abscence of judgement. She could go out with her posse and not worry about having to look better than any one else for attention nor did she have to worry about over-amorous attention.

Gay guys like to play with dolls and life size dolls are all that much better. My wife's posse loved to shop with her, help her dress up, apply make-up, do her hair, yet they didn't feel they had to compete with her like other women may.

If she was out at a club with her posse she knew that if she had too much to drink that they would see to her safety without taking advantage.

Gays are fun. A far greater percentage of gays like to dance than straight guys. Girls like to dance. Gay boys like the same drinks that girls do. Gays aren't afraid to express emotion.

Since the gay guys are interested in appearance they tend to groom immaculately and dress fashionably. Girls not only like to look good but they like being surrounded by good looking people.

Why do girls like gay guys so much? Why not. Females are more into emotional satisfaction than physical. Many straight males tend to focus on the physical which turns women off. Gay guys are emotionally fulfilling.

Sources: Matthew 7:1, gay friends, wife

I have no idea what I am talking about.
try replace 'or' with 'are'
Reply 4
As a teenage girl myself, I can say that we often think gay guys are extremely cute and 'ship' certain boys together. I mean look at Tom Daley and Lance Black, they are ADORABLE. Gay guys are also often so much more fun than straight ones, and you also always know where you are with them. There's no risk of them kissing you or anything. It's all win win!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks and yes they or both hot

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
because we dress better
They often dress better. Plus you know they haven't got odd thoughts about you
Original post by Elsbelsx
As a teenage girl myself, I can say that we often think gay guys are extremely cute and 'ship' certain boys together. I mean look at Tom Daley and Lance Black, they are ADORABLE. Gay guys are also often so much more fun than straight ones, and you also always know where you are with them. There's no risk of them kissing you or anything. It's all win win!!

I've met Tom Daley a couple of times. Seems cool on TV but in real life he comes across as a complete prick.
Original post by Schteev
because we dress better

That's true
Posted from TSR Mobile
I know that gay people are often more in touch with how women feel, straight men don't often seem to understand women however from my experience with talking to gay people they understand us completely! I also feel like I could have a more meaningful conversation with someone who is gay. There's also the bonus that nobody will class you as sleazy if you are friends with someone who is gay, because they are clearly not interested in you! You automatically know that no relationship in that way will happen so it's a nice gain in friendship!
(edited 9 years ago)
lol @ some of these stereotypes.

Original post by mollyjoy1998
I know that gay people are often more in touch with how women feel, men don't often seem to understand women however from my experience with talking to gay people they understand us completely!

Gay men are still men.

Original post by Damien_Dalgaard

Gay guys like to play with dolls and life size dolls are all that much better. My wife's posse loved to shop with her, help her dress up, apply make-up, do her hair, yet they didn't feel they had to compete with her like other women may.

If she was out at a club with her posse she knew that if she had too much to drink that they would see to her safety without taking advantage.

Gays are fun. A far greater percentage of gays like to dance than straight guys. Girls like to dance. Gay boys like the same drinks that girls do. Gays aren't afraid to express emotion.

Since the gay guys are interested in appearance they tend to groom immaculately and dress fashionably. Girls not only like to look good but they like being surrounded by good looking people.

Why do girls like gay guys so much? Why not. Females are more into emotional satisfaction than physical. Many straight males tend to focus on the physical which turns women off. Gay guys are emotionally fulfilling.

Sources: Matthew 7:1, gay friends, wife

I have no idea what I am talking about.

So all gay guys love to hang out with girls only & play dress-up? K. :shifty:
(edited 9 years ago)
Why don't you ask why guys attracted to lesbians?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Politricks
Why don't you ask why guys attracted to lesbians?

I don't know why guys or attracted to lesbians why don't you go ask.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Elsbelsx

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree
Original post by SophiaLDN
lol @ some of these stereotypes.

Gay men are still men.

So all gay guys love to hang out with girls only & play dress-up? K. :shifty:

Just so you know I'm basing this off my experience with gay men, I never said that gay people weren't men, my experience with straight men is different to that of gay men. If I've offended you in any way then I apologise, however my opinion is based on my observations, you may have simply had different experiences to me!
I'm going to stereo type here.

Gay guys generally have less social filters then straight guys. Its the gay community. This in turn means they are more fun to be around.

This in turn allows them to loosen up and not be affected by social filters so much.

Straight guys could learn an awful lot from gay guys in regards to attracting members of the opposing gender. In short on nights out stop standing at the side of the dance floor with your drink trying to be less awkward....

By doing that you are in fact being more awkward....You go on a night out to a social environment to be social and have fun right? Then why are you standing at the edge of the dance floor bored out of your mind staring at all the girls you see? What do you expect to happen. One of them will go out of their way and suddenly come over and fall for you? Shes out with her girls mate....youve got to show your value...You do that by having fun yourself.
girls want what they cant have duh
Too bad the Gays wont be attracted to to the girls.
I think that as long as a guy is hot, he's going to end up with admirers, whether he's straight or gay. I think it's just that straight guys take it in their stride, whereas gay guys are more likely to notice their crushers as they wouldn't be around crushing girls as often. Plus if it's a gay couple, it's double the men, which can be pretty appealing. It's like guys with a hot lesbian couple. Awful.

It probably isn't because you're gay. It's probably just because you're blessed with better looks than many of us.

Latest

Trending

Trending