The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

2015/16 firmers

I received an unconditional offer from all 5 of the universities I applied to but firmed Birmingham to study sociology almost immediately.
I love all that Birmingham has to offer, from the building's to the student guild to the opportunities they have to play sport!!!

I'm just wondering who else has firmed. I've made the decision to commute in because I live about 20 mins away from campus so I'd love to get to know people who are both commuting in and living in accommodation so I don't miss out on all fresher's has to offer.

I really can't wait for October to come already!!

Scroll to see replies

I have an unconditional to study English Language, I haven't firmed yet but my sister is in her third year studying medicine there and everything about the uni seems amazing. :smile:)
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2
Original post by soap_r1425
I have an unconditional to study English Language, I haven't firmed yet but my sister is in her third year studying medicine there and everything about the uni seems amazing. :smile:)

First of all congrats on your unconditional offer.
YAAAY! I think you should firm. Are you commuting or living on campus?
I got an unconditional for Modern Languages 😃 I also only live about half an hour away

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sophus18x
First of all congrats on your unconditional offer.
YAAAY! I think you should firm. Are you commuting or living on campus?

Thank you, congrats to you too! Have you finished your A levels already? I'm living on campus, but I'm not sure which accommodation yet :smile: I used to live nearby but my family moved to Staffordshire so I don't have the choice to commute D:
Reply 5
Thank you, congrats to you too! Have you finished your A levels already? I'm living on campus, but I'm not sure which accommodation yet :smile: I used to live nearby but my family moved to Staffordshire so I don't have the choice to commute D:

Hey! Yeah I finished my Alevels last year so I'm currently on a gap year which has so far taught me that I need univeristy as I can't work in retail forever. That must be so annoying because I know halls at Birmingham aren't cheap but I think the whole concept of living in halls is great. I wish I could justify paying all the money to move mins down the road but I just can't. The vale is so pretty so anywhere around there should be decent.
Reply 6
Original post by Leanne1455
I got an unconditional for Modern Languages ������ I also only live about half an hour away

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw brilliant we shall have to buddy up for freshers don't exactly want to be alone in the corner when people are out with their flat mates! I don't know about you but I can't wait
Aw brilliant we shall have to buddy up for freshers don't exactly want to be alone in the corner when people are out with their flat mates! I don't know about you but I can't wait

Definitely! I think I am going to live on campus first year :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Definitely! I think I am going to live on campus first year :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile[/QUOT

Oh really? I wish I could but I live way too close. Are you on a gap year now then?
What accommodation are you thinking of? My school is right by Uni really so a lot of people are going here!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey! Yeah I finished my Alevels last year so I'm currently on a gap year which has so far taught me that I need univeristy as I can't work in retail forever. That must be so annoying because I know halls at Birmingham aren't cheap but I think the whole concept of living in halls is great. I wish I could justify paying all the money to move mins down the road but I just can't. The vale is so pretty so anywhere around there should be decent.

That's cool, I finished mine last year too but I wasn't planning on having a gap year, I dropped out of Leeds uni in December and reapplied for a different course :smile: I have a job in marketing until October, which is worse than retail so far :L I wouldn't worry about missing out on halls, when I went through freshers week last time I met quite a few people living at home who hung out at friends halls and stuff, plus there'll be a freshers fair thing in the union to meet people and an induction week for your course! :smile:
Reply 11
That's cool, I finished mine last year too but I wasn't planning on having a gap year, I dropped out of Leeds uni in December and reapplied for a different course :smile: I have a job in marketing until October, which is worse than retail so far :L I wouldn't worry about missing out on halls, when I went through freshers week last time I met quite a few people living at home who hung out at friends halls and stuff, plus there'll be a freshers fair thing in the union to meet people and an induction week for your course! :smile:

I didn't intend on having a gap year either. In fact I was dead set against it but a week before I was supposed to move into halls at Nottingham I decided I needed a year out because I wasn't 100% sure what I wanted to do with my life. I'm really hoping I make friends that live in halls just so I can experience a bit of what it's like to live in halls. Freshers should be good although Birmingham tend to spread freshers out across 2weeks. Marketing? Sounds interesting....good experience to have. Most people tend to work in retail for their gap year so that's really good.
Reply 12
Hi :smile:
I got an unconditional offer to study English and Philosophy which I accepted :biggrin:. I'm really looking forward to this October because my course seems really good and Birmingham was my favorite University out of all the ones that I considered.

I live about 30-40 mins away from Birmingham but would like to live at the Vale this October. Has anyone visited the accommodation? I haven't so if anyone has looked around the accommodation and would be able to give any recommendations or opinions then that would be great :smile: At the moment,I'm interested in Meal Plan accommodation in the Vale such as Maple Bank, Chamberlain, Elgar Court and Shackleton
(edited 9 years ago)
Firmed psychology

Posted from TSR Mobile
Unconditional for English with Creative Writing, firmed and accepted! So excited! Hurry up October!!! :biggrin:
Original post by LucyMay1996
Unconditional for English with Creative Writing, firmed and accepted! So excited! Hurry up October!!! :biggrin:

Me too. But for Modern Languages! Can't wait for September now!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Me too. But for Modern Languages! Can't wait for September now!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, I have a friend whose been offered an unconditional for Modern Languages too, which she may be firming! Which languages? :smile:
Original post by LucyMay1996
Ah, I have a friend whose been offered an unconditional for Modern Languages too, which she may be firming! Which languages? :smile:

German and Italian :smile: it will be cool to know somebody else doing languages as it's not a huge department :wink: I already know a few people

Posted from TSR Mobile

They run freshers events specifically for people who commute so you don't end up like that :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
So it isn't just me who's really bored in their gap year. :frown: Unconditional place to study English (literature)! I'm commuting too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending