The Student Room Group

100% in Exams

I am trying to achieve near to 100% in my As exams (Maths, Physics, Economics and FurtherMaths) and have a few questions:

I was wondering if I should repeat questions/exercises in a book for example C1 how many times should i do this?

Also how many times should i repeat a past paper? 1 or more times? 5-10 to ensure Success :cool:
All past papers multiple times, the more times the better :smile: but focus on the subjects you struggle with.
Reply 2
Just make sure you do all past papers possible, and do the textbook questions wherever possible, no need to repeat questions unless you got them wrong, maybe make a list of questions you want to go over before the exam so you know how to do them for the exam :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by zetamcfc
All past papers multiple times, the more times the better :smile: but focus on the subjects you struggle with.

How many times would you say im thinking around 7-10.
Original post by Acrux

Twice max... Even then I wouldn't bother
Original post by Acrux

What purpose would 10 times serve? I'd recommend STEP questions if you really want to make sure you get near enough 100% :colone: Or just do a lot of standard difficult questions as others have suggested.
Reply 6
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
What purpose would 10 times serve? I'd recommend STEP questions if you really want to make sure you get near enough 100% :colone: Or just do a lot of standard difficult questions as others have suggested.

I guess i want to ensure i get good results. Not sure what is required to achieve 95-100%
Original post by Acrux
I guess i want to ensure i get good results. Not sure what is required to achieve 95-100%

I got 100% in most of my Maths modules, generally all you need to do is be familiar enough with the material that you'll understand every question they throw your way. This is different for everyone. Then just do past papers (don't see the point in doing it multiple times -you'll want to mark them immediately after doing it so it's fresh in your mind. Marking exams is very, very useful for understanding how to actually get marks. Redoing the same exam after marking it is basically cheating because you'll remember the answers, use your time better) and questions from text books to make sure that everything is second nature and you can take it at a leisurely pace and not make any mistakes.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 8
bump

Quick Reply

Latest