The Student Room Group

To the people saying UKIP are racist

i'm an immigrant from eastern europe (albania) and i support the ukip movement. britain should be welcoming to those who want to identify as british, not those who want to push their backwards culture onto us (britain).

let's not forget, the reason i came to the uk, is because the previous country i came from is in a poor state. the culture is inferior. everything is inferior about albania. does that make me racist for saying that?

multicultarism doesn't work because the only people who immigrate are the people who come from poor countries which have incidentally also become breeding grounds for religious extremism, corruption and violence.

i love britain and i think we should make britain for people who want to support britain.

disucss.

Scroll to see replies

Firstly, when you say you agree with UKIP, you mean you agree with their (only) policy of anti-immigration, note that UKIP have, compared to other parties, very few good-in-theory economic or environmental policies.

Therefore, you're support of anti-immigration purely relies on the assumption (and generalisation) that most, if not all immigrants come to Britain to escape from extremism and corruption and also to "push their backwards culture onto Britain".

Surely however, (and I don't pretend to be an expert in this field) immigrants would come to Britain for hope of a better standard of living, and yes, this could be because of extremism or corruption, but I would expect the majority of immigrants to be coming for economic prosperity. Take Poland for example, I believe that most emigrate from Poland (to Britain) as they can make five times as much money here- increased economic welfare, and not because of corruption (which has been declining actually) or extremism. You could argue that with Russia's recent takeover of Ukraine, many will have fled Poland but the process of immigration to Britain has been very prominent years prior to this.

Secondly, do you really think immigrants come to Britain to impose their culture upon the British? You might feel like they impose their culture by the construction of their places of worship (which does seem like a particularly non-PC thing to say) but I think common sense can dictate that immigrants would not undergo the economic struggle of creating a new life in another (strange) country in order to "convert" the population. I accept, that as with above, a very small proportion of people could come to for this reason, but just as before, the majority will come for reasons such as higher wages and better job opportunities.

Finally, surely you feel that immigration is one of Britain's main strengths? I'm not trying to be offensive, but many immigrants who are unskilled will go into underpaid jobs- especially in the primary sector (and of course I'm not saying all immigrants should do manual labour, there is no shortage of bright young people from multicultural backgrounds earning the big bucks down in Canary Wharf) and this influx of under-payable immigrants boosts output for the UK hugely. The main reason Farage appeals with his anti-immigration policies is because he resonates with those who are out of work, because with Farage, they are provided with a scapegoat for why they're unemployed- "they're not lazy, or stupid, it's because of the immigrants". If immigrants who come are more skilful than the local population, then surely we'll become more productive (due to the better quality of workers) meaning that we can boost output, create job vacancies and then employ these people.
Ergo, I would suggest that immigration is probably a benefit to Britain though I can agree that too much means high unemployment and subsequently high benefits spending.

In conclusion, I think the UKIP could believe in anti-immigration purely to prevent high benefits spending for those out of work (either because immigrants have replaced poor local workers or because the have struggled to find a job themselves) but personally, I think that their only policy is probably fuelled by underlying racism, either that or they are deliberately appealing to the closet racists of Britain.
Original post by eddy_brents
Firstly, when you say you agree with UKIP, you mean you agree with their (only) policy of anti-immigration, note that UKIP have, compared to other parties, very few good-in-theory economic or environmental policies.

Therefore, you're support of anti-immigration purely relies on the assumption (and generalisation) that most, if not all immigrants come to Britain to escape from extremism and corruption and also to "push their backwards culture onto Britain".

Surely however, (and I don't pretend to be an expert in this field) immigrants would come to Britain for hope of a better standard of living, and yes, this could be because of extremism or corruption, but I would expect the majority of immigrants to be coming for economic prosperity. Take Poland for example, I believe that most emigrate from Poland (to Britain) as they can make five times as much money here- increased economic welfare, and not because of corruption (which has been declining actually) or extremism. You could argue that with Russia's recent takeover of Ukraine, many will have fled Poland but the process of immigration to Britain has been very prominent years prior to this.

Secondly, do you really think immigrants come to Britain to impose their culture upon the British? You might feel like they impose their culture by the construction of their places of worship (which does seem like a particularly non-PC thing to say) but I think common sense can dictate that immigrants would not undergo the economic struggle of creating a new life in another (strange) country in order to "convert" the population. I accept, that as with above, a very small proportion of people could come to for this reason, but just as before, the majority will come for reasons such as higher wages and better job opportunities.

Finally, surely you feel that immigration is one of Britain's main strengths? I'm not trying to be offensive, but many immigrants who are unskilled will go into underpaid jobs- especially in the primary sector (and of course I'm not saying all immigrants should do manual labour, there is no shortage of bright young people from multicultural backgrounds earning the big bucks down in Canary Wharf) and this influx of under-payable immigrants boosts output for the UK hugely. The main reason Farage appeals with his anti-immigration policies is because he resonates with those who are out of work, because with Farage, they are provided with a scapegoat for why they're unemployed- "they're not lazy, or stupid, it's because of the immigrants". If immigrants who come are more skilful than the local population, then surely we'll become more productive (due to the better quality of workers) meaning that we can boost output, create job vacancies and then employ these people.
Ergo, I would suggest that immigration is probably a benefit to Britain though I can agree that too much means high unemployment and subsequently high benefits spending.

In conclusion, I think the UKIP could believe in anti-immigration purely to prevent high benefits spending for those out of work (either because immigrants have replaced poor local workers or because the have struggled to find a job themselves) but personally, I think that their only policy is probably fuelled by underlying racism, either that or they are deliberately appealing to the closet racists of Britain.

didn't read

vote ukip
Original post by OnlyGot1Offer
didn't read

vote ukip

And for a moment I thought I was going to be taken seriously xD
Original post by eddy_brents
And for a moment I thought I was going to be taken seriously xD

course i wont talk you seriously the amount of bullocks you talk mate
i'm an immigrant from eastern europe (albania) and i support the ukip movement. britain should be welcoming to those who want to identify as british, not those who want to push their backwards culture onto us (britain).

let's not forget, the reason i came to the uk, is because the previous country i came from is in a poor state. the culture is inferior. everything is inferior about albania. does that make me racist for saying that?

multicultarism doesn't work because the only people who immigrate are the people who come from poor countries which have incidentally also become breeding grounds for religious extremism, corruption and violence.

i love britain and i think we should make britain for people who want to support britain.

disucss.

How would you feel about being sent back then?

Also I hate to break it to you but Eastern Europeans don't exactly have a reputation for liking people from other countries and cultures...
Original post by redferry
How would you feel about being sent back then?

Also I hate to break it to you but Eastern Europeans don't exactly have a reputation for liking people from other countries and cultures...

how can i be sent back when i have british citizenship you muppet
how can i be sent back when i have british citizenship you muppet

Well UKIP don't think children of immigrants should have British citizenship
Well UKIP don't think children of immigrants should have British citizenship

show me where it says that you fool and ill eat my socks
that was simply for statistics purposes, not for policy

Well I'm sure most UKIP supporters would want you to get out of our country.

Shoo, off with you. Take my dad with you while you are at it, bloody immigrants.
Well I'm sure most UKIP supporters would want you to get out of our country.

Shoo, off with you. Take my dad with you while you are at it, bloody immigrants.

now you're starting to sound like a racist
Original post by onlygot1offer
i'm an immigrant from eastern europe (albania)

Stop nicking my jobs and my NHS and my welfare!!!!:angry:
Original post by InnerTemple
Stop nicking my jobs and my NHS and my welfare!!!!:angry:

lmao no albanians have ever had a job so you're safe
now you're starting to sound like a racist

The word is Xenophobic.
The word is Xenophobic.
ah yes liberals have different words for all types of racism now

let me just be clear, i hate all (most) immigration. especially immigration that doesn't come from canada, usa, australia and new zealand

let me just be clear, i hate all (most) immigration. especially immigration that doesn't come from canada, usa, australia and new zealand

Well why don't you go back home then? Clearly you are part of the very problem you take such issue with.

The word 'xenophobia' has been around for a very long time. The left have not just invented it.

Learn Engalish!!!:angry: #angrymanhatesimmigrantslovesforeignfoodsoisntracistUKIP
Well why don't you go back home then? Clearly you are part of the very problem you take such issue with.

telling me to go back home? that sounds completely racist. all i want is sensible controlled immigration and you want to turn back immigrants who are already living here you filthy person

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending