The Student Room Group

What is the best ecommerce website builder?

I would like to build an online store. I only have basic computer knowledge. I can't build a website from scratch with all the computer code and language.

I am therefore looking for ready made online store I can easily edit myself. I of course want the website to look professional and most importantly have secure checkout and allow me to process orders easily.

Additionally it would be great if I could have an email account that comes with the website in which I can deal with individual queries and send newsletters, and emails on promotions.

I have already seen godaddy and shopify offer online store builders. Between the two which one is better? Has anyone got any experience using any one of these? Are there any other online store builders anyone could recommend.

I will really appreciate the advice.
Reply 1
Have you considered eBay?
Reply 2
Original post by Planto
Have you considered eBay?

Yeah I thought of ebay, but I don't want to use it. I want to independent rather than being affiliated under a certain company.
Reply 3
Original post by ontrack7
Yeah I thought of ebay, but I don't want to use it. I want to independent rather than being affiliated under a certain company.

Fair enough, I suppose. You will save yourself a lot of time and investment using eBay though and also have the benefit of an immediate, wide and active userbase.
Original post by ontrack7

If you only have basic knowledge of computing then Shopify or Storenvy are your best bets. Which solution best fits your needs is something you'll have to spend time researching yourself.
Reply 5
First of all I will suggest WordPress eCommerce. Set up Wordpress then add any WooCommerce or WP eCommerce theme. Its easy user friendly and affordable.

If ur store is going to be big enough. And have alot of orders and shipping texs.... then u should try Magento Platform. Megento is fully designed and developed for online store.

Feel free to PM me if you need any help.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
best e-commerce sites based on magento platform
let me reccomend you these guys magecom.net to make your site
you can see portfolio and a lot of useful information also
or at least try to find anything else

good luck with your site :h:
Original post by Anita Li
best e-commerce sites based on magento platform
let me reccomend you these guys magecom.net to make your site
you can see portfolio and a lot of useful information also
or at least try to find anything else

good luck with your site :h:

You mean, you want to self promote?
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=58855859
For the UK and Europe I can recommend the free community version of the online shop software OXID esales. It is widely used, loads quickly, is reliable and handles the VAT system which is UK and EU specific correctly by default.
Nothing wrong with shopify

but if your serious about ecommerce then it's magento all the way
I know this is an old post but very helpful!!!
Original post by dantte
First of all I will suggest WordPress eCommerce. Set up Wordpress then add any WooCommerce or WP eCommerce theme. Its easy user friendly and affordable.

If ur store is going to be big enough. And have alot of orders and shipping texs.... then u should try Magento Platform. Megento is fully designed and developed for online store.

Feel free to PM me if you need any help.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending