The Student Room Group

Have you started revising for May/june exams?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wheezy
Yes, started revising at the start of this year. I wouldn't leave it any later, I would definitely start sooner rather than later. About an hour a day is a good amount on the build up to exams, and then increase it as exams become closer. Good luck!

Do you mean an hour a day per subject or overall? :/
Reply 41
Yes, I'm aiming for AAAB... Gotta do the work to something something (I'm bad at sayings...)
Original post by Anne james
Can anyone tell me a way to motivate myself?:sad::bebored:

Dangle a chocolate bar over your desk and set a timer for 2 hrs of revisin. When this is up you can eat the chocolate bar :smile:
Original post by The Clockwork Apple
A year ago I would have laughed at the suggestion
This year, getting A*s in my A2s is a must. Yes I have started revising.

Hahahah likewise. Top grades=top work
No, but I really need to start. I got U's in all my mocks smh
I try to do 1 topic per night from now up until April where the studying really begins.
Original post by noshahmad
Not yet.

Will start tomorrow :biggrin: (I say this everyday)

Posted from TSR Mobile

why this got 9 reps i have no idea
for GCSEs? Just revise the night before gg
yes! I started earlier this year. better now than later. still really badly procrastinating though! haha
I've started revising since I've got my mocks in March (my sixth form do them so late - ahh the stress!)

I think I'll give myself a week off after mocks and then get straight into revision for May, especially since I'm resitting 2 exams from last year :'(

My friends and family will not be seeing me until the date of my last exam at this rate!
Making notes, yes (starting at the start of the year), actually revising off them, not quite.
Original post by Lularose83
Dangle a chocolate bar over your desk and set a timer for 2 hrs of revisin. When this is up you can eat the chocolate bar :smile:

LOOL.. I actually like that:biggrin::biggrin:!
Thaanx
Shouldn't have looked at this thread. CRY.
No, should I have?

I haven't even started revising for the Comp3 mock tomorrow :Y
Reply 54
Original post by xoflower
Yeah.. we have 3 months!

3 months?! To exams? Do you have them in April?
Well i woke up 8am this morning to start some revision (on a gap year).

8am-Thought i should have some breakfast before i start of the day

9am,- I thought that i couldn't start the day without watching something, watched Pretty little liars (yes, not the manliest of shows)

10am-I finally started my Biology work, done 2 lines of notes and thought that i hadn't checked the news-

10:30am-n i finished checking the news, i thought i should check Tsr.

11:30am- i thought i should pump some extra oxygen to my brain, got ready for the gym, came back from the gym at 4pm.

4pm-Though that i should eat some dinner before i start my work off, cant work on a empty stomach.

5pm-Then i thought that i couldn't start my work without installing Norton anti-virus on my sisters computer

5:30pm-Finally, decided to do my work...read a paragraph of my biology book, took me 30 minutes

6pm-I procrastinated further to clear my mind for my revision

10:30-Decided to watch a motivational video to start work again, read half a paragraph after the video.

10:45pm- Decided to log into Tsr and saying to my self that tomorrow will be different, decided that i should get some sleep ready for tomorrow.

10:50pm-Now im writing this

So i have read about 2 paragraphs today, better then half a paragraph yesterday.

Thestruggleisreal#
A year ago I would have laughed at the suggestion
This year, getting A*s in my A2s is a must. Yes I have started revising.

What's the offer you need to meet? :tongue:
Original post by binarythoughts
What's the offer you need to meet? :tongue:

AAA but I have an interview at Imperial College next week, and if I get an offer, it'll be A*A*AA!
AAA but I have an interview at Imperial College next week, and if I get an offer, it'll be A*A*AA!

Or A*A*A*A apparently they intend on making over half of their ChemEng offers A*A*A*A according to what some first year students have heard from their personal tutors.

That would be pretty intense!
What's the AAA for?

Quick Reply

Latest