The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

UAL Skype Interview

Hi is there any international student applying to UAL (CSM or Chelsea) here?

I'll have my skype interview tomorrow and feel super nervous now.

Can somebody give me information and advices on how usually the skype interview goes?

Thanks! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by pangestu

Can somebody give me information and advices on how usually the skype interview goes?

Hi,
I am an international student who has applied to the BA fashion print course at CSM. Congrats on your skype interview ! All the best!
for which course did you apply for?
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Fdrupali
Hi,
I am an international student who has applied to the BA fashion print course at CSM. Congrats on your skype interview ! All the best!
for which course did you apply for?

Thanks!! I just found out that the skype call will not be the interview, it's only a briefing for the 'in country interview' so I guess there'll be more time to get ready *exhale*
I got panicked easily, didnt read the email carefully lolol.

I applied for BA Fine Art at Chelsea, submitted my UCAS application to CSM but got confirmation email by Chelsea, but no problem, still happy with that

Great!! I heard CSM has a great fashion course. Good luck with your application!

Where are you from? Did you submit your portfolio online or also by mail?
Reply 3
Thanks!! I just found out that the skype call will not be the interview, it's only a briefing for the 'in country interview' so I guess there'll be more time to get ready *exhale*
I got panicked easily, didnt read the email carefully lolol.

I applied for BA Fine Art at Chelsea, submitted my UCAS application to CSM but got confirmation email by Chelsea, but no problem, still happy with that

Great!! I heard CSM has a great fashion course. Good luck with your application!

Where are you from? Did you submit your portfolio online or also by mail?

Hi,
ohh...Thats what even I was wondering as to how you got the skype interview request so early.
Yeah the fashion course at csm is the best! I applied directly not through UCAS, Submitted my mini portfolio through flickr and sent the mini portfolio flickr link to them and received the portfolio submission confirmation, now waiting for the full portfolio request from CSM. I am from india, what about you?
All the best for your application :smile:
Reply 4
Hi,
ohh...Thats what even I was wondering as to how you got the skype interview request so early.
Yeah the fashion course at csm is the best! I applied directly not through UCAS, Submitted my mini portfolio through flickr and sent the mini portfolio flickr link to them and received the portfolio submission confirmation, now waiting for the full portfolio request from CSM. I am from india, what about you?
All the best for your application :smile:

Yea the interview will be face to face, in the beginning of next month.
I Hope you get their request soon! :smile:

I'm from Indonesia, did you apply to other universities as well?
Reply 5
Yea the interview will be face to face, in the beginning of next month.
I Hope you get their request soon! :smile:

I'm from Indonesia, did you apply to other universities as well?

Hi,
Did you also submit your mini portfolio through flickr? Once they your mini portfolio then if they like it then they will conduct an interview right?

Apart from CSM, I applied to LCF and westminster.
Reply 6
Hi,
Did you also submit your mini portfolio through flickr? Once they your mini portfolio then if they like it then they will conduct an interview right?

Apart from CSM, I applied to LCF and westminster.

Hello,

Nope, I submitted my portfolio in a pdf file by email (I put my blog address in the portfolio too), and a week later they asked me to mail my pdf portfolio with all the pictures in it in a form of cd to their asia branch office in Hong Kong. I dont know if only selected applicants get to do the interview or they just do it with everyone, cant find information about this anywhere :/
Reply 7
Hello,

Nope, I submitted my portfolio in a pdf file by email (I put my blog address in the portfolio too), and a week later they asked me to mail my pdf portfolio with all the pictures in it in a form of cd to their asia branch office in Hong Kong. I dont know if only selected applicants get to do the interview or they just do it with everyone, cant find information about this anywhere :/

Hi,
Ohk. I guess it varies from course to course. I had to submit my mini portfolio online through flickr because thats the course requirement.
Anyways, All the best for your applications! :smile:
Reply 8

Hey, I'm an international student and I've got my "in country" interview on Sunday! So nervous ahhhh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Hi,
Ohk. I guess it varies from course to course. I had to submit my mini portfolio online through flickr because thats the course requirement.
Anyways, All the best for your applications! :smile:

Thank you and all the best for your application too!
Let me know when you get your request and interview :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Anishask
Hey, I'm an international student and I've got my "in country" interview on Sunday! So nervous ahhhh

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, good luck for your interview!!!

I just had the briefing and I feel even more scared now, but it was very helpful.
Idk but I have this feeling that the interview will be so intense. :s-smilie:

Did you have a briefing via skype too? The person said to me that we'll get the decision right after we finish with the interview. What course did you apply for?
(edited 9 years ago)

I just had the briefing and I feel even more scared now, but it was very helpful.

Did you have a briefing via skype too? The person said to me that we'll get the decision right after we finish with the interview. What course did you apply for?

Thank you! And no I didn't get a briefing so I'm even more nervous cause I have no idea what's gonna happen... Yeah, I read on the website that we get offers on the spot. May I know what else they had told you would go on at the time? I applied for a BA in Fashion Journalism at CSM, how about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Thank you! And no I didn't get a briefing so I'm even more nervous cause I have no idea what's gonna happen... Yeah, I read on the website that we get offers on the spot. May I know what else they had told you would go on at the time? I applied for a BA in Fashion Journalism at CSM, how about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They suggested me to read and study all the information about the campus and the course, because the interviewer will ask you why you pick CSM and you better have a very good answer that shows that you really understand why (dont give them those sweet answers about how famous the school/program is and blabla).
Don't wear tshirt, short pants, and sandals.
I dont know about the course you applied for, but if you submitted a portfolio, you better bring some works in the portfolio to the interview, only those with small sizes, probably max A2 size.
You have to do a professional presentation on each of your work, explaining the process behind it such as ideas development, experimentations, challenge, etc. Oh and bring your laptop too.

I hope this helps, let me know when you get the offer! :smile:

I applied for BA Fine Art :smile:
Did you apply to other universities as well?
(edited 9 years ago)
They suggest me to read and study all the information about the campus and the course, because the interviewer will ask you why you pick CSM and you better have a very good answer that shows that you really understand why (dont give them those sweet answers about how famous the school/program is and blabla).
Don't wear tshirt, short pants, and sandals.
I dont know about the course you applied for, but if you submitted a portfolio, you better bring some works in the portfolio to the interview, only those with small sizes, probably max A2 size.
You have to do a professional presentation on each of your work, explaining the process behind it such as ideas development, experimentations, challenge, etc. Oh and bring your laptop too.

I hope this helps, let me know when you get the offer! :smile:

I applied for BA Fine Art :smile:
Did you apply to other universities as well?

Oh my, I wish I had been briefed haha. Thanks a ton for letting me know!! I'll let you know how it went after, I sure hope I get an offer. No I haven't applied anywhere else as I was pressed for time which was very dumb of me. :/ OoOoo fine art sounds interesting, good luck to you too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hii, I'm from indonesia as well and my interview is going to be on this Friday which I think is going to be the same to you :smile: I had my brief yesterday and the person didn't say anything about giving the offer on the spot. I am applying for Foundation at CSM, do you think it's different because it's not BA? I'm even more nervous now :frown:
Original post by cherrydaisy
Hii, I'm from indonesia as well and my interview is going to be on this Friday which I think is going to be the same to you :smile: I had my brief yesterday and the person didn't say anything about giving the offer on the spot. I am applying for Foundation at CSM, do you think it's different because it's not BA? I'm even more nervous now :frown:

I know this wasn't directed at me but you can check these things on the website, here's the link http://www.arts.ac.uk/study-at-ual/international/your-country/indonesia/ :smile: I think all further education courses which does include foundation get on the spot offers so I'm sure you will too! x

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know this wasn't directed at me but you can check these things on the website, here's the link http://www.arts.ac.uk/study-at-ual/international/your-country/indonesia/ :smile: I think all further education courses which does include foundation get on the spot offers so I'm sure you will too! x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha that's alright! Thanks for the link! It's really helpful :smile:
Haha that's alright! Thanks for the link! It's really helpful :smile:

No worries, good luck with your interview!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18

Yaaay! What time is your interview? Good luck!! :smile:
I'm not sure about foundation, but she also mentioned about there might be a possibility that the BA applicants get the offer to start from foundation. I think it's a bit easier to get in to foundation, so dont you worry (plus we still have time to prepare). Did you apply to other univs as well?
Reply 19
Oh my, I wish I had been briefed haha. Thanks a ton for letting me know!! I'll let you know how it went after, I sure hope I get an offer. No I haven't applied anywhere else as I was pressed for time which was very dumb of me. :/ OoOoo fine art sounds interesting, good luck to you too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending