The Student Room Group

females, Why are you single?

Scroll to see replies

Anybody who asks gets friendzoned... I'm just not looking for a boyfriend :tongue:
It annoys me that a lot of people are trying to blame women for being unattractive or reclusive or whatever.

I'm single because I honestly haven't met anyone since my last relationship that I'd even consider going out with. I don't think I have particularly high standards, I just want someone who's kind and a generally nice guy. I'm not particularly bothered about looks either but obviously I wouldn't date someone I found 'ugly' or unattractive.

I've found the problem is that most guys want sex and not a relationship. Plenty of men try to sleep with me but they don't want anything more than a fling. I think it's because of the age we are (early twenties) and the expectation on us not to settle down too quickly and 'have fun'. It sucks.
Original post by Foo.mp3

In which case it's not all that surprising that there hasn't been a 'worthy suitor' yet, particularly if you've been mostly mixing it with boys of the same age as thee, and also given your slightly superior attitude :beard:

To be honest though and I'm not patronizing banana at all....she does have some pretty good points.

Superior attitude?

I think someone needs to do some introspection.
Original post by Banksyy
I'm single because I am starting to realise I'm way too fussy. I don't know what I want, or I have this image in my head of the perfect boyfriend and if a guy doesn't meet that image 100% I have no interest.

I have lost a few lovely potential boyfriends because of this issue.

I need to sort myself out.. Hm.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can totally relate have the same issue
Original post by redpaintednails

I've found the problem is that most guys want sex and not a relationship. Plenty of men try to sleep with me but they don't want anything more than a fling. I think it's because of the age we are (early twenties) and the expectation on us not to settle down too quickly and 'have fun'. It sucks.

Preach! It doesn't get that much easier when you're in your mid/late twenties either I'm afraid.

I'm surrounded by Man-children. :mad:
Original post by Handsome_Devil
Don't mean to try anything but, that place is my bedroom :wink:

I knew something like that would come up eventually .. ;DD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bronwencerimarsh
What even is this thread. It's not exactly by choice is it OP?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It can definitely be a choice.
Original post by bronwencerimarsh
What even is this thread. It's not exactly by choice is it OP?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think that is exactly what OP is trying to imply :rolleyes:
Why is it any of our concern unless we are attracted to you, not in a relationship and seeking to date/have a relationship with you?
Original post by EllainKahlo
As I've discussed with my friends before, I think it's rude. They may think they're just trying to be nice, but they aren't, they aren't thinking before they speak. How polite would it be if I walked up to a smiley person and said, "Hey, why are you smiling so much?" I bet you any money they'd stop smiling within seconds.

It's unfortunate how there are so many guys out there who beg to differ...Kind of disgusts me to be honest. After watching so many videos about the issue of street harassment, idk maybe it's just people on the internet but in the comments it's just "men have it hard too" "omg I'd be so happy if some said ___ to me" "stop complainging about nothing" etc. I watch Buzzfeed on and they do feministy/pro-women videos pretty often and the comment are just filled with "feminazis! blah blah blah"
Relationships require effort.. why not get into one when you know your willing to put in the effort. Being at uni or any academic Institute required time. . Some people may b good at it but im not one of those
Because I don't want one, and guys my age are immature and irritating. The thought of having one makes me feel sick.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by tinshed
in what universe does a man selflessly please and pleasure a woman just to make her happy??

exactly!
and why does being in a relationship mean there must be any sex? why can it be just a relationship because two people like each other?
well I'm single cos no guy in my school likes me, and the only one who does like be is a real d**k..srsly
but mainly its because my parents are like: you will not go out with anyone until you are in university.
which is in about two and a half years so...gotta wait..
Original post by Radville
I knew something like that would come up eventually .. ;DD

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, you know, I can lead you to that perfect place if you desire? :wink:
single because no one wants to date me.

this is the truth.
I wasted a lot of time on a previous relationship and I am not going to do that again.
Reply 156
Original post by Anonymous

well I'm single cos no guy in my school likes me, and the only one who does like be is a real ****..srsly

Sooooo..... Someone does like you, but they're not up to your standards? Not quite the same thing as no-one liking you :rolleyes:
Original post by Handsome_Devil
Well, you know, I can lead you to that perfect place if you desire? :wink:

Oh you, where does this confidence come from...oh yeah, we're on the Net :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Reue
Sooooo..... Someone does like you, but they're not up to your standards? Not quite the same thing as no-one liking you :rolleyes:

well ok one guy liked me <past tense..
but its not that he wasn't up to my standards..it was just that he was pretty mean to everyone, and he's really loud and like to hog attention, to put it nicely...
Original post by Radville
Oh you, where does this confidence come from...oh yeah, we're on the Net :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would probably be as confident in person aswell, only less audacious :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending