The Student Room Group

"you are pathetic if you need to drink alcohol to have a good time"

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dean Ambrose
Now that has just annoyed me greatly, it's people like you in schools and colleges that peer pressure people in smoking or drugs.

Saying stuff like "you'll become more popular" or "you're missing out" or "it makes you friends."

Yeah, for about an hour than it's back to square one and you repeat it again and again until you're 40 and look like frankenstein.

half an hour... i'm guessing you've never gotten drunk
I like drinking alcohol. Whether it is a pint of ale with a meal, or some brandy on a Saturday night. I find it pathetic that my choices about how to enjoy my time upset other people :lol:
Original post by Swanbow
I like drinking alcohol. Whether it is a pint of ale with a meal, or some brandy on a Saturday night. I find it pathetic that my choices about how to enjoy my time upset other people :lol:

They dknt upset me but I'm just saying don't bash drinkers because you think they can't otherwise have fun, it's totally untrue
Original post by temporary_user
They dknt upset me but I'm just saying don't bash drinkers because you think they can't otherwise have fun, it's totally untrue

My comment was intended for the people who get upset by people who drink alcohol, not you mate.
I'm guessing that you've never touched alcohol or been invited out to a party because ask anyone and they will speak against those 'reasons'...

If you actually read my first comment you nutcase i said i used to.

And as the response to all my reasons, they are all proven right, so not complete bs. if you drink occassionally and not to get drunk thats ok.

Stop trying to justify the easy way out of problems.

You didn't prove any of my points wrong, you just said that they didn't happen to you (they different results for different people) and just say no to everything else.

"enhances willpower" ... I'm done...
(edited 9 years ago)
If you actually read my first comment you nutcase i said i used to.

And as the response to all my reasons, they are all proven right, so not complete bs. if you drink occassionally and not to get drunk thats ok.

Stop trying to justify the easy way out of problems.

You didn't prove any of my points wrong, you just said that they didn't happen to you (they different results for different people) and just say no to everything else.

"enhances willpower" ... I'm done...

Get out of here,
You listed BS reasons and use offensive language to back up your case, you've clearly never been to a party if you think those are actual things that happen
let's face it, many of the members of TSR would not have been conceived without the help of Mr A.
Get out of here,
You listed BS reasons and use offensive language to back up your case, you've clearly never been to a party if you think those are actual things that happen

Nah thanks, i'll stay.

I listed truthful reasons, and i have been to parties and have seen things like this happen. Fighting etc.

As for offensive language, guess it's ok compared to someone glorifying escaping problems and ruining someones life for the sake of "being cool and social"

I don't really mind if someone wanted to do that but if it was my family or a close friends, i'd stop them from destroying themselves.
(edited 9 years ago)
Nah thanks, i'll stay.

I listed truthful reasons, and i have been to loads of parties and have seen things like this happen. Fighting etc.

As for offensive language, guess it's ok compared to someone glorifying escaping problems and ruining someones life.

Well any normal person who goes to parties would certify against those little excuses, so you've probably never been to any.
Reply 49
If people choose not to drink thats fine, but they shouldnt criticise others for doing so.
Well any normal person who goes to parties would certify against those little excuses, so you've probably never been to any.

So anyone who doesn't want to get drunk off their ass and look after themselves is not normal? Ok your one of the problems in our society.

I know a few people plus myself who go to parties and don't drink or smoke and we enjoy ourself.

Plus i can't believe i'm getting life advice from someone who'd rather chemically escape his.
Saying that someone is pathetic if they can only have a good time with alcohol is not the same as saying anyone who has a good time with alcohol is pathetic.

You are very pathetic, very sad and probably mentally ill if the only way you can have a good time, that is, enjoy yourself, is with alcohol or any other drug. That isn't at all the same as saying given that you enjoy yourself when you use drugs you are pathetic, sad and mentally ill because that isn't true. The human body is designed to love drugs, just like it is masturbation.

If the only way you could enjoy yourself was through sex (including masturbation) you'de be pretty pathetic too.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by LoriKate
If people choose not to drink thats fine, but they shouldnt criticise others for doing so.

I'm not criticize drinkers themselves, i'm criticizing this guy and others like him who peer pressure kids who want to look after themselves into doing it to seem cool.

Nothing worse than a drug dealer who says "you'll make friends" and "you don't know how to have fun" when there are plenty of other ways to enjoy yourself rather than poisoning yourself.
Original post by TorpidPhil
Saying that someone is pathetic if they can only have a good time with alcohol is not the same as saying anyone who has a good time with alcohol is pathetic.

You are very pathetic, very sad and probably mentally ill if the only way you can have a good time, that is, enjoy yourself, is with alcohol or any other drug. That isn't at all the same as saying given that you enjoy yourself when you use drugs you are pathetic, sad and mentally ill because that isn't true. The human body is designed to love drugs, just like it is masturbation.

If the only way you could enjoy yourself was through sex (including masturbation) you'de be pretty pathetic too.

Al right man, you're confusing me. You having a go at the post starter or me?
"hole in our lives" none of us have "holes" in our lives, we just want to have a great time, you can't have a great time as easily when people have got school work, stress and relationships on their minds can you?

Which alcohol doesn't change.
Al right man, you're confusing me. You having a go at the post starter or me?

The OP since I didn't "@" anyone ^_^
this statement really annoys me

I do drink, and when people say that so bluntly it is really distasteful. So let me put it out there, drinking isn't necessary, I agree. However drinking enhances all social situations - people become less stressed about school work, people are friendlier, people are more willing to talk to people they haven't met, people have the confidence to be themselves and enjoy their time.

It's almost like you're hanging out with your girlfriend/boyfriend. You could just do it at your house, or you could go on a daytrip to Paris. Sure, it's not 'NEEDED' but it makes everything a lot better. Perhaps if you're so picky about how alcohol isn't "needed" then how about eating lunch without a drink of water? its not needed is it?

So please, if you look down on alcohol for the above statement I would be willing to question whether or not you have actually ever gotten drunk

Tell you what it is....

its the fact that is SEEMS/FEELS like because people are in Univiersity, and they're legally allowed to drink they have to. It's like hey just because you're legally allowd to do something doesn't mean you have to.

that what people mean when they say its wrong to need alcohol to have a good time. Everyone seems to go crazy in Uni even though sometimes they'd rather stay home order pizza and just have a laugh with friends. Or hang out in Starbucks.

I do drink, I've gotten drunk, I've had good times, but in all honesty I think it's overrated.
Original post by TorpidPhil
The OP since I didn't "@" anyone ^_^

Thank god, that was quite a teardown and i didn't know if it was at me or the op.
Reply 58
There's absolutely nothing wrong with drinking to have a good time, but it shouldn't be a requirement for you to have fun. I've been to plenty of clubs and parties sober and I've always had fun. I also don't see anything wrong with someone who may be a little introverted/shy drink to come a bit more out of their shell. :dontknow:
Original post by PillsIV
but in all honesty I think it's overrated.

Same here. I don't like the feeling of getting drunk either.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending