The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yusufu
ws
So after not logging in for several years out of nowhere I get an email saying Khodu has made a post! Hows things? Did you end up doing a maths degree after all?

Salaam bro, it's been a really long time. All is well in my end alhamdulillah, what about you?? I did do a Maths degree lol, doing a Masters now part time. Did you end up becoming an Actuary?
Original post by ttaylor17
Islam isn't a state of being... But a process of becoming... Becoming better so we can form that connection with our Lord... And may Allah enable all of us to make that connection

Ameen, it is only then that we feel islam in our being when we have established that connection. We have experienced the high of eman and tasted paradise that we do not want to go back

I've got credentials as a half alim... Full in 3 years... :-)

Was this serious?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Khodu

You're a pumpkin? :beard:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow new members on this thread....
Original post by Positron.
You're a pumpkin? :beard:

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol yes I am, I used to be a really fat pumpkin, now I'm a pretty skinny now. Think the fat ones taste nice, especially with chicken. :tongue:

Original post by Enoxial
Wow new members on this thread....

I feel really welcome :biggrin:
Original post by Ibn Fulaan
X

How'd your exam go?
Original post by Enoxial
How'd your exam go?

Alhamdulillah. Took me two hours to write 2 A4 sides of Arabic so i'm guessing i could work on speed.

Haven't got my results back yet.
Alhamdulillah. Took me two hours to write 2 A4 sides of Arabic so i'm guessing i could work on speed.

Haven't got my results back yet.

What were the details of the exam?
Original post by Enoxial
What were the details of the exam?

2 hours long. Basically several creative writing questions so testing everything (relevant vocab recall and understanding of all rules learnt)
Was this serious?

Yeah... By full Alim I mean the six years dars nizami...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dinaa
Lolol, yeah more lessons :cool: I am a good girl no srs. My mum didn't let me adopt a kid :frown: but I gave him lots of coke and an orange cos he was collecting :,)
And yeah all dem selfies, I had to make a new folder and put the appropriate pictures in that, y'know just to be safe :colondollar:
And no dbi sbi please
My brother is looking after freddie :,)
Ya its snowing and its coooool, like me :cool:
AND YES HE DID, BECAUSE I told him not to :cry2:
It srsly sounded like a crying baby :frown:

Okay, I'll give more when you get back but you'll need to tell me what topics to discuss unless you want me to talk about general points randomly and let you absorb what you want :beard: If you want me to, I can also occasionally pick out a few verses or single verse and go through it explaining what we can take and learn from them :smile:
Was he an orphan or just a poor child? :K: You could try sneaking him in your suitcase :tongue:
For a person who likes photography, you don't seem to take many pictures other than those of yourself :eyeball:
You need to get out of the habit of saying dbi, it's overused and your're starting to sound like Robbie :teehee:
You'll come home to find more than just your cardigan has been 'claimed' by Fredericko :lol:
We are missing the snow here :colonhash: Lucky git. You - cool? Bruh u wot?
:frown: Did you shoot him? Should have at least hit him :colonhash: How's the family, still waging Jihad against the government?
Original post by Ankabout
Sorry to cut in but shooting a cat? That sounds disturbing and cruel.

I can confirm I agree :sadnod:
Original post by Khodu
lol yes I am, I used to be a really fat pumpkin, now I'm a pretty skinny now. Think the fat ones taste nice, especially with chicken. :tongue:

I feel really welcome :biggrin:

I had berry goost with khodu just the other day. Very tasty :smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah... By full Alim I mean the six years dars nizami...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not that i'm insinuating anything brother but to call yourself an alim after just 6 years of study is no light matter.

One of my teachers has many Ijaazas and has been learning for over 13 years in Morocco, madinah, makkah, from nadwis and all over and he dislikes it greatly that anyone even calls him shaykh. It is something you pick up after sitting with individuals who have studied 30 or 40 years (as i'm sure you have) and still call themselves a student of knowledge.

Brothers at my local masjids that have completed a dars e nizami course and have done further stuides don't call themselves shaykh/alim/maulana/molvi.
(edited 9 years ago)
[video="youtube;58C7efLec5M"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58C7efLec5M[/video]
[video="youtube;4tqekb5pQSo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tqekb5pQSo[/video]
Original post by Positron.
I had berry goost with khodu just the other day. Very tasty :smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Khodu and Berry? Never tried that combo... although I don't really like red meat
Brothers and sisters if your getting it on, then you are going wrong, so whip a hijab on and you can't go wrong. :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending