The Student Room Group

HM Passport Office (Grade 1/Grade 3?)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
hi

i received a email on 23rd saying security clearance successful but have not heard anything since it came back literally a few days later didn't expect it to be that quick

is it just pre employment checks that is left to do and how long do they normally take does anyone know

thanks

Jenny
Reply 381
Original post by jen89
hi

i received a email on 23rd saying security clearance successful but have not heard anything since it came back literally a few days later didn't expect it to be that quick

is it just pre employment checks that is left to do and how long do they normally take does anyone know

thanks

Jenny

o
My sc checks came back 16/1 took a week but still waiting for employment history checks think they started them yesterday as I had an email query.
(edited 9 years ago)
I am still waiting for my sc to be cleared. Had an email yesterday saying still in progress
The process is a bit awkward because you cant hand in your notice or at least inform your current employer that you may be leaving because its not guaranteed unless sc and employment checks are successful. So basically your current employer will find out by hmpo contacting them before you can tell them and thats not a nice way of them finding out. Not sure of how to break it down to them lol. Anyone in a similar situation?
Reply 384
Original post by paulas
Hi guys, just received a conditional offer for PO3 London :smile: those of you who have got a conditional offer....did they send you the 4 relevant forms as an attachment or is there a link you have to go on to fill it? They mentioned the forms i need to fill in the email but haven't sent me any attachments/ links :/

Hi Paulas,
Did you say you were put on a reserve list and then offered a role?
Reply 385
Original post by Mr poster
The process is a bit awkward because you cant hand in your notice or at least inform your current employer that you may be leaving because its not guaranteed unless sc and employment checks are successful. So basically your current employer will find out by hmpo contacting them before you can tell them and thats not a nice way of them finding out. Not sure of how to break it down to them lol. Anyone in a similar situation?

Hi
Have you been offered a position?
Original post by Mr poster

Hi Mr. P.

They will only contact your current employer if they are unable to get confirmation that you work there. I.e. if Departments of work and pensions records are inconsistant or inadequate- as they know it will be aqward if they contact your current employer without you telling them first.

Hope that makes sense
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 387
Original post by Na_n
Hi Paulas,
Did you say you were put on a reserve list and then offered a role?

Hi Na_n,
Yes I was put on the reserve list and then about 3 weeks later I got an email saying a post was available for me . Didn't expect them to offer me a position so soon. But I guess it was all in good time.
Hi Paulas and everyone else

Did u recieve confirmation from CSR stating received your paperwork? I sent mine off a couple of days ago and had no response. Is this the case with everyone?
Reply 389
Original post by nokia8210

Did u recieve confirmation from CSR stating received your paperwork? I sent mine off a couple of days ago and had no response. Is this the case with everyone?

Sorry what is CSR?
Hi Jukie

CSR is Civil Service Resourcing. The department who carry out the secuirty checks.
Reply 391
Hi Jukie

CSR is Civil Service Resourcing. The department who carry out the secuirty checks.

Mine went to PECU and no I got no acknowledgement of receipt.
Reply 392
Hi Jukie

Are these the forms sent as an attachment?
I just looked back at the email and its is definitely CSR who carry out the security checks. And yes, the attachments in the email. What's PECU? My appointment is for PO1 London if that helps.
Reply 394
I just looked back at the email and its is definitely CSR who carry out the security checks. And yes, the attachments in the email. What's PECU? My appointment is for PO1 London if that helps.

I am Liverpool PO3 must be different this is what I got

Dear Candidate,

In regards to the recent communication you have received from HMPO, we can confirm that the PECU (Pre Employment Check Unit) have now taken responsibility for your pre employment checks.

In order to process these checks, we require you to complete the following:

Documents to return via Email

Important you must now complete the attachments and send them to Home Office PECU (Pre Employment Check Unit).

Health Assessment Questionnaire

Pension Questionnaire

Baseline Security Form

Then I got another email with a link to complete security clearance checks from online vetting but no confirmation of receipt of anything I sent back until it was completed.
Reply 395

Hi, I haven't received confirmation from CSR either. Mind you I had just sent them off yesterday, so giving them a few days before I chase them up. I'm guessing they'll get back to us once they receive the form that we had to post ?
Original post by bo_supremo
Hi Mr. P.

They will only contact your current employer if they are unable to get confirmation that you work there. I.e. if Departments of work and pensions records are inconsistant or inadequate- as they know it will be aqward if they contact your current employer without you telling them first.

Hope that makes sense

Hi

Yes that sounds good. A big relief lol. I guess they have ways of finding out your employment history.
Reply 397
Original post by paulas
Hi Na_n,
Yes I was put on the reserve list and then about 3 weeks later I got an email saying a post was available for me . Didn't expect them to offer me a position so soon. But I guess it was all in good time.

That's great. When did you have your interview?
Original post by paulas
how long did it take for your SC and pre employment checks to be cleared altogether?

Congrats on getting the job (& an official start date lol)

The security checks took about 3 weeks to complete.
[QUOTE="tulip01;53244865"]Snoopy what section will you be working in and wat will the hours be are they making you work saturdays immediatley[/QUOTE

I will be a PO3 im sure on the email she sent they are saying I will be working in the back office, I start at 7.30 till 4, my induction is on 20th March

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending