The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry 2015

Scroll to see replies

Seriously UCAS need to either quit with the promotional emails or actually make the unsubscribe link work.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
nearly had another heart attack... seriously
Offer for Politics and International Relations!
Just got an offer for economics so pleased!
Original post by Puffin Boffin
Just got an offer for economics so pleased!

congrats!! what are your stats? was it your last week of the 4 weeks?
Original post by Renee8100
Offer for Politics and International Relations!

no way! IM STILL WAITING...... DID YOUR UCAS UPDATE FIRST OR DID THEY EMAIL YOU DIRECTLY?
Original post by jchap9776
congrats!! what are your stats? was it your last week of the 4 weeks?

Yea it was the day before the final day of the 4 weeks, I do further maths, chemistry and history A-level predicted A*A*A respectively and already have an A* in maths. My offer is AA in chem and history.
Yea it was the day before the final day of the 4 weeks, I do further maths, chemistry and history A-level predicted A*A*A respectively and already have an A* in maths. My offer is AA in chem and history.

Today is my last day before my 4 weeks ends too… I'm predicted A*A*A*a for Maths, Econ & Chem and self-taught AS FM and yet, still nothing… :frown:

Oh cool, mine ends next week :eek: wow those are awesome grades, congrats again!!!
Original post by daalchaval
no way! IM STILL WAITING...... DID YOUR UCAS UPDATE FIRST OR DID THEY EMAIL YOU DIRECTLY?

They emailed me like 25 mins before UCAS
Original post by studentibanker
Lol be happy you didn't go there. LSE is by far the best school for Economics and Finance and Accounting in the UK. Placement in investment banking is sick. If you want to get into Goldman LSE is the real deal. Sure, Oxbridge could get you in, but being at LSE makes getting placed there so much easier. I know people at LSE and Oxbridge, and LSE does litterally everything to help you get placed at a top firm to keep up their brilliant placement records. Trust me, you have no clue how valuable their career-service is. People just assume that if you go to a good university you easily get in at all top firms, and that just not necessarily true. I know loads of top students who didn't get in, and loads of less good ones that did get in because they were prepared optimally.

You know I agree with you 100% - But I got rejected from LSE as well! UCL is my last hope...
Original post by Renee8100
They emailed me like 25 mins before UCAS

awesome. Would you mind telling me what your predicted? and your GCSE's? thanks
Original post by Econ95
Woah that's unfair, you're stats are really strong! I'm still waiting for my feedback but I agree the interviews are tough.. Anyways sod Cambridge I'm sure you'll go to a great uni regardless

I appreciate your kind words and your optimism! All I can do is hope to hear some good news from UCL!
Original post by GandalfWhite
If that is the case, they should have stated it up front so people would not waste their time on them and only apply to Oxford.

I know! Although I wouldn't say my application was a complete waste of time, I learnt a lot from it regardless.
Original post by daalchaval
awesome. Would you mind telling me what your predicted? and your GCSE's? thanks

My offer's for AAA, predicted A*A*A* and 10A*s at GCSE :smile: Good luck!
Question. Do universities still look at your secondary school exam grades if you've already submitted your actual A level/IB grades to them?
Offer for econ omfg!!!!!
Original post by MrBowcat
Offer for econ omfg!!!!!

congrats! what were you predicted?
Dude, it's just IR, why wouldn't you believe someone could have gotten an offer with that? If the rest of the application was excellent and they believed those grades will be improved...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MrBowcat
Offer for econ omfg!!!!!

congrats!!! was it the last day of your 4 weeks?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending