The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by leumas9
Hey Guys,

To anybody applying to the DLA Piper Vac Scheme - do you think it is sufficient in the "interests/activities" question to simply put a list/bullet points? With the word count being 50 words I'm thinking they're not looking for detail.

Any help appreciated :smile:

Yeah, I only listed my activities, there wasn't space to write anything else!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone have any advice for a Weil interview? :smile:
Offer from Freshfields! :smile:
Has anyone had a rejection from olswang, HD or boodle? not heard of anyone receiving rejections, only interviews
Original post by mcrlawstudent

Ah congrats :biggrin:
Really wish Linklaters would get back to me so I've heard from all of my firms...

Congratulations? Do you mind saying when you interviewed and how long it took to hear?
Original post by TrainingChopeful
Ah congrats :biggrin:

Thank you!

Original post by givemegoodnews
Congratulations? Do you mind saying when you interviewed and how long it took to hear?

Thank you, I interviewed yesterday and the partner who interviewed me rang me this afternoon to tell me, I had the official e-mail come through a few hours later.
Thank you!

Thank you, I interviewed yesterday and the partner who interviewed me rang me this afternoon to tell me, I had the official e-mail come through a few hours later.

Ah good they let you know so soon! Is it for a VS? Well done!
Original post by givemegoodnews
Ah good they let you know so soon! Is it for a VS? Well done!

Much quicker than I was expecting, and yes it is. Thank you. :smile:
Original post by vwalters94
Yeah, I only listed my activities, there wasn't space to write anything else!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! I feel like I should be writing full sentences and expanding a bit, but there isn't really enough room for that!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fantastic news! Congratulations :smile:
Original post by ChoccyWoccy
Anyone have any advice for a Weil interview? :smile:

Could I ask when you applied and when they got back you to? I've been waiting for some time now :confused::confused:
Original post by henrysaunders1
Could I ask when you applied and when they got back you to? I've been waiting for some time now :confused::confused:

Applied mid-Dec and they got back to me with the WG about two weeks ago and an interview offer about a week ago :smile:
Original post by elmopsk
Just got Mishcon video interview invite - so happy as after re-reading my application I thought for sure it was a dud!

Really nervous - can anyone give me any insight into what its like? Do you get to practise questions? are they competency based? Any info much appreciated!

hey when did you apply? I applied early Jan and still haven't heard anything
Reply 1775
Anyone heard anything from Eversheds?
Original post by ChoccyWoccy
Really wish Linklaters would get back to me so I've heard from all of my firms...

yh, whats up with them?
anyone still doing applications?
Original post by electro14

Yup :smile: going to try send one more before the 31st deadline (a few firms I am applying to have February deadlines) how many have you got to do?
Original post by electro14

I am :smile: trying to get some in to some firms which review after the deadline has closed but finding them is hard!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending