The Student Room Group

St. George's UoL GEM (A101) Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

ahhh were the questions tricky? Or were the questions easy, but nerves make them hard?
I have mine on monday!
Reply 201
Questions tricky and nerves not helping - haha. But different people have different strengths so don't be too disheartened by our pessimism.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!
do you think everyone gets the same exact questions? I wonder.
Hi, does anyone know any good hotels close to the hospital?
Reply 204
Original post by Benhope7
Hi, does anyone know any good hotels close to the hospital?

There is a holiday inn near Colliers Wood tube station which is only 2 stops from Tooting Broadway station which is a five to ten minute walk to the hospital. Don't really think Tooting itself has any hotels so you are probably best staying a short tube ride away.
Reply 205
Anyone who's had their interview already, did you take any other documents apart from the ones emailed to us e.g. DBS, student entry and work experience forms. I've got work experience letters also. Is that it? I'm under the impression it's just your passport for identification? They haven't made it very clear.
Reply 206
Original post by WKRich
Anyone who's had their interview already, did you take any other documents apart from the ones emailed to us e.g. DBS, student entry and work experience forms. I've got work experience letters also. Is that it? I'm under the impression it's just your passport for identification? They haven't made it very clear.

One of the correspondences has a table of exactly what you need in each envelope."Information for candidates invited to interview 2015" is the one.I'm not sure how much clearer they could be.
Reply 207
Original post by kateamelia
You also need photocopies of work experience letters if you want to keep the originals, photocopy of your passport and also original exam certificates and statement of results from uni. (And photocopies - not very eco friendly are they!)

Posted from TSR Mobile

they now have 3 sets of my certificates etc, one for my BSc, one for my MRes and now GEP too. They also refuse to just look at my transcripts, I had to ask them for copies and gave them straight back.
Reply 208
Ok I've got it. For some reason it wasn't coming up in my inbox. Definitely clearer now.
Have to say, St George's organisation of the med school interview is top notch. 👏👏. Enjoyed the occasion. Even though, the nerves got the better of me. Ah poop!!! Lol good luck everyone
Have to say, St George's organisation of the med school interview is top notch.(hand clap). Enjoyed the occasion. Even though, the nerves got the better of me. Ah poop!!! Lol good luck everyone
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 211
Original post by Benhope7
Have to say, St George's organisation of the med school interview is top notch. . Enjoyed the occasion. Even though, the nerves got the better of me. Ah poop!!! Lol good luck everyone

Did they tell you they monitor the message boards as well? Unashamedly sucking up is not going to win you a place :colone:

I spent the weekend following my interview over analysing every aspect, even though I knew it wouldn't help. Just try to look at the next step in your application, which is hopefully the next interview :wink:
Original post by Zorg
Did they tell you they monitor the message boards as well? Unashamedly sucking up is not going to win you a place :colone:

I spent the weekend following my interview over analysing every aspect, even though I knew it wouldn't help. Just try to look at the next step in your application, which is hopefully the next interview :wink:

We were told that if you don't have any references by now for whatever reason then you are essentially ****ed!
It's completely different from what all the forms say but I don't know what to do now!
Reply 213
Original post by Rosser1994
We were told that if you don't have any references by now for whatever reason then you are essentially ****ed!
It's completely different from what all the forms say but I don't know what to do now!

You were told this on the day? I think they want to avoid people snowballing them with references to be attached at the end. Get all the references you can asap, I don't think they need to be significant in any way other than to describe your duties. Then beg SGUL to take the letters or consider contacting the referees directly
Original post by Zorg
You were told this on the day? I think they want to avoid people snowballing them with references to be attached at the end. Get all the references you can asap, I don't think they need to be significant in any way other than to describe your duties. Then beg SGUL to take the letters or consider contacting the referees directly

They said today the references are assessed and goes towards our offer
Something I've also never been told as well :/
Reply 215
Original post by Rosser1994
They said today the references are assessed and goes towards our offer
Something I've also never been told as well :/

The guide definitely says the reference need only include the duties undertaken... My work reference is **** as my manager had little time to do it, it's quite literally 4 lines.
I've just been investigating my old emails from last year, and last year we heard next week. Since everything seems to be on the same timeframe, I'm hoping that this means we'll know soon.
Original post by Don'tMessThisUp
I've just been investigating my old emails from last year, and last year we heard next week. Since everything seems to be on the same timeframe, I'm hoping that this means we'll know soon.

Not sure if this is good or bad. Less time to hope...I am in a bed and breakfast at Swansea (for me interview) and I still keep checking this thread every two hours. :smile:.
Original post by Zorg

I still get flash backs at the most random times and I think NOoo what a stupid way to word it or why didn't you include an example... Ecetera etcetera. I know I should let it go but it is so hard. It will all be over soon.
Original post by esthersparklebut
Not sure if this is good or bad. Less time to hope...I am in a bed and breakfast at Swansea (for me interview) and I still keep checking this thread every two hours. :smile:.

Oooh, I hope it goes well! I never considered Swansea or Cardiff, I wonder if I should have now. All know about Wales is that's where they make Dr Who.

God, I have a yes from Exeter but SGUL is the one I want so baddddd.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending