The Student Room Group

Speech & Language Therapy 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ruthie_nuggetty
It's really annoying because my school dont offer english language. I'm defo doing biology but not psychology because I've heard its a 'soft' subject. Do you think that would be okay? I am thinking of doing english lit, french and chemistry too?

Honestly there is nothing "soft" about psychology - if it interests you then do it and it will be helpful when studying speech therapy.
Original post by AmyPilot
Good idea to put BCU as insurance as they seem to be more flexible about the grades.

This year we started on 22 September for induction week - imagine it will be a similar date this year.

Its a shame they have stopped the joint course just pleased I made it in time.

Sure you will do ok come results day - though that's when I got nervous about uni cos it was real then! That morning logging onto track before you have your results to see if your offer has gone unconditional - oh gosh I cant describe how that feels!

Ahh that's later then I thought! That's good :smile:

The thought of actually going to uni seems like an impossible thought, I'm so scared I'm not going to get the grades! I got BCC last year, even though I was literally just 1-3 ums off the next grade in each subject! I'm doing a few resists this year so fingers crossed I make it! My teachers think I can get AAB - ABB so I'll just have to try my best!

I feel like results day is going to either be a mixture of happy turning to terrified or a mixture of devastated and more devastated!
would you continue your degree in the unlikely event that you didn't get an offer from an English uni or will you take your Scottish offer?

Continue my degree! I was thinking about it and if I don't get DMU or Leeds I'll go back to Essex and graduate cause I know I want to be a SaLT and once I've graduated I can apply for more undergrad and some postgrad so I'll have a better chance :3
Original post by JordanC55
Continue my degree! I was thinking about it and if I don't get DMU or Leeds I'll go back to Essex and graduate cause I know I want to be a SaLT and once I've graduated I can apply for more undergrad and some postgrad so I'll have a better chance :3

Aaw man, is the lack of funding putting you off Strathclyde? :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Butterfly9595
Aaw man, is the lack of funding putting you off Strathclyde? :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, it isn't helping! I'll still go to the open day and stuff there and just see if it changes my mind.
Reply 1545
Original post by elkabuzz1
Sorry to hear that.

I heard back from them today as well and got a rejection. I had a feeling that this would happen as I knew the interview didn't go very well for me.

Good luck with the rest of your applications! :smile:

Yeah I felt the same after the interview to be honest. Where else have you applied?
Really wish that UCAS and BCU would stop sending me general emails. It gives me a scare every time I see one of them!
Original post by shropshirelass51
Really wish that UCAS and BCU would stop sending me general emails. It gives me a scare every time I see one of them!

I did exactly the same 😫

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shropshirelass51

Haha yeah I feel the same. The word UCAS makes my stomach flip! Lol
Original post by nesca89
Haha yeah I feel the same. The word UCAS makes my stomach flip! Lol

I feel the same, I go from nervous to frustrated in a New York minute when my phone vibrates and I see the letters UCAS appear on my screen...
Original post by SALT_2015
I feel the same, I go from nervous to frustrated in a New York minute when my phone vibrates and I see the letters UCAS appear on my screen...

Yep, I have literally just got a stupid email from them now haha!
Original post by tcrj
Yeah I felt the same after the interview to be honest. Where else have you applied?

I also applied to Reading, Marjons, De Montfort and BCU. The only one I have got an offer from is Reading but that was for the alternative course :/
Reply 1552
Original post by elkabuzz1
I also applied to Reading, Marjons, De Montfort and BCU. The only one I have got an offer from is Reading but that was for the alternative course :/

I applied to the same apart from cardiff met instead of BCU. I got offered the alternative course as well. Good luck with the rest of your application.
Original post by MrsMoonie
I did exactly the same 😫

Posted from TSR Mobile

Very frustrating I know!! Got one too. Marketing, eh!

I hope you both hear something from BCU tomorrow. I have just taken a break from writing up some Psychology notes (hand and brain cramp now :biggrin:) and popped on here to see if any more news of offers/interviews for everyone.
I think there are more interviews at BCU tomorrow. Good luck if you have one!

I checked my updates from BCU interview/offer and I heard from them late at night, so maybe you will hear then. I was checking my again and again. It was only when I took a break to go away last weekend that I heard back. I hope tomorrow you both get updates. In fact I hope everyone here does if you're waiting! It's stressful. I found it more so than first time round in my "younger" days (hence the Phil Collins mad moment). Maybe only having only one egg placed in the UCAS farmer's basket made it more so this time, but could be wrong! Also, if you have been through the cattle market before you know how it works. You might get a lucky prod early on and off to pasture you go, but could be kept waiting in the pen for ages, as Mr Farmer is busy with his herd. Moo!!! :biggrin:

I have stopped checking track constantly but now feeling the pressure from getting the grade!

Good luck to all with interviews coming up. Keep mooing everyone. A prod from the farmer's fork is coming at you soon!!

:wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Higlet
Ahh that's later then I thought! That's good :smile:

The thought of actually going to uni seems like an impossible thought, I'm so scared I'm not going to get the grades! I got BCC last year, even though I was literally just 1-3 ums off the next grade in each subject! I'm doing a few resists this year so fingers crossed I make it! My teachers think I can get AAB - ABB so I'll just have to try my best!

I feel like results day is going to either be a mixture of happy turning to terrified or a mixture of devastated and more devastated!

I got a B in one of my AS levels (1-2 marks off an A) and ended up with an A at A2 - its very possible to make up a few marks you will see. The "will I get the grades" gets a little intense in the final year - waiting for results freaked me out last year and I don't usually panic but so much is riding on them and I started from a good place with AAABC at AS level but the freaking out was still real!

Sure you will be fine though! Mine went down the happy turning to terrified path lol
Original post by waddle_jl
I've only heard back from MMU and got a rejection. Waiting to hear back from Leeds Beckett, Marjon, Birmingham City and Cardiff Met.
Dying to hear from Bham and Cardiff, has anyone else heard from them. I only handed in my app on the 11th January, so worried that will put me at a disadvantage. Although I did also think that since I am a mature student and already have my grades I may get a quicker response? What do people think?

Hi :smile: I've applied to BCU and Cardiff Met. I had my interview for BCU December 1st and was offered a place on Monday :smile: Still waiting to hear anything from Cardiff Met. Also applied for Uni of Manchester and had an interview around the 3rd December and waiting to hear back. Good luck!
[QUOTE="jredwards21;53278759"]Hi :smile: I've applied to BCU and Cardiff Met. I had my interview for BCU December 1st and was offered a place on Monday :smile: Still waiting to hear anything from Cardiff Met. Also applied for Uni of Manchester and had an interview around the 3rd December and waiting to hear back. Good luck![/QUOTE

I guess you got your MA results back on Monday then? Congratulations
I got a B in one of my AS levels (1-2 marks off an A) and ended up with an A at A2 - its very possible to make up a few marks you will see. The "will I get the grades" gets a little intense in the final year - waiting for results freaked me out last year and I don't usually panic but so much is riding on them and I started from a good place with AAABC at AS level but the freaking out was still real!

Sure you will be fine though! Mine went down the happy turning to terrified path lol

Hopefully I'll go down the same path too!! Those were really good AS' though! I was worried my AS' would set me back when applying but apparently not! Just got to hope everything goes well this year!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anybody been for an interview in Leeds yet or anyone from last year got any tips or anything? Just trying to get a better idea of what they are all about, thanks :smile:
[QUOTE="shropshirelass51;53282207"]
Original post by jredwards21
Hi :smile: I've applied to BCU and Cardiff Met. I had my interview for BCU December 1st and was offered a place on Monday :smile: Still waiting to hear anything from Cardiff Met. Also applied for Uni of Manchester and had an interview around the 3rd December and waiting to hear back. Good luck![/QUOTE

I guess you got your MA results back on Monday then? Congratulations

Yes, I got a Merit :smile: Thank you!!

Quick Reply

Latest