The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Maid Marian
I would be a dreadful feminist because my dream life is to be a housewife to a husband I adore and make him as happy and comfortable and pleasured as possible. :daydreaming: I would look after the house and the children each day, making everything lovely and in order for my husband to come home to. :daydreaming:

I think this view is quite controversial these days as women are supposed to be career-driven and not dependent on a man. :hmmm:

I'm gonna be equally "controversial" and say you sound perfect :biggrin:
Original post by alexschmalex
I'm gonna be equally "controversial" and say you sound perfect :biggrin:

Lol I wouldn't go that far :K: :rofl:
Original post by Blue_Mason
Utter nonsense

If its the "many men" part that is bothering you .. then fine ill change it to "some"

But its a shame that you failed to provide a valid opinion to the discussion
Original post by study_smart786
If its the "many men" part that is bothering you .. then fine ill change it to "some"

But its a shame that you failed to provide a valid opinion to the discussion

Instead of putting "some" just put bisexual men.
these men are not bisexual. they are just not afraid to say out loud that other people of the same gender are good looking. there is no need to attack their sexuality.
Original post by Blue_Mason
Instead of putting "some" just put bisexual men.

these men are not bisexual. they are just not afraid to say out loud that other people of the same gender are good looking. there is no need to attack their sexuality
I'm convinced it'd be better for endangered animals if they were considered food - simply because once they're farmed for food, there's a demand for them to be reared and more interest in breeding them, meaning their numbers would be more stable.
Reply 787
Feminism is a hate movement, and feminists tend to display a toxic lack of empathy and compassion towards anyone who happened to be born with a penis.
Original post by study_smart786
these men are not bisexual. they are just not afraid to say out loud that other people of the same gender are good looking. there is no need to attack their sexuality

Nothing wrong with acknowledging or complimenting on another mans appearance.
But us men have boundaries when it comes to complementation.
You typed men have a "man crush" with crush meaning you you're sexaully attracted or have feelings for that person.
Men do not cross those boundaries unless they're bisexual or gay.
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
I'm convinced it'd be better for endangered animals if they were considered food - simply because once they're farmed for food, there's a demand for them to be reared and more interest in breeding them, meaning their numbers would be more stable.

Thats uneconomical as it would be cheaper just to breed them and protect them in the first place
Original post by TheTruthTeller
Ofcourse opression wouldn't end more quickly if Hamas stopped firing rockets. Before Hamas Palestinians were still being opressed and killed. But ofcourse when 3 israeli illegal settlers are killed, Israel is "obviously" (extreme sarcasm" justified in the bombardment of Gaza. The British media in comparison to the American media is more against israel's violent actions, but never the less it is definatly not pro Hamas. All you need to do is watch a bit of Fox news to see why Americans are so paranoid ( Fox is very pro israel). Israel has been depriving Palestinians of rights and their land since 1948. With or without Hamas I don't see this ending. Just look at how settlements deemed illegal by the UN (Ofcourse this doesn't apply to Israel- sarcasm) have been expanding. Maybe if Israel stopped with it expansion of illegal settlements into Palestian land, parties like Hamas would'nt get elected in the first place.

Perhaps I was wrong.

I take a great interest in history (although I didn't take it for GCSEs) but Middle Eastern history isn't my strong point. Perhaps that'll change when I finish the book in my house called 'A Line in the Sand' which talks about the effects of the Sykes-Picot agreement. In the future, I also want to read Robert Fisk's The Great War for Civilization: The Conquest of the Middle East in the future.
Original post by Mequa
Feminism is a hate movement, and feminists tend to display a toxic lack of empathy and compassion towards anyone who happened to be born with a penis.

Not all of us. That's like saying all Muslims are terrorists.

A lot of my closest friends are guys. The only guys I don't like are those who treat me badly because I'm female.

I can see where you're coming from though, as it would really seem this way if you'd been listening to that Anita woman. But equally, I could then say that all <insert group of men here> are sexist because I've heard a lot of them be sexist.
I don't believe in the moon.
- Tony Blair is an evil man, who should never get a knighthood, ever....

- People from oppressed groups who have vocal prejudices should be thrown in jail (,i.e. racist gays, homophobic blacks, etc.)

- Muslims who claim to hate the UK yet were born here should be monitored, tagged, and deported to their parents' countries.

- Catholicism should be banned everywhere, due to its historical and current crimes.

- The UK was just as much to blame for WWI as Germany was. IMHO, MORE SO....
Original post by Ratach
Organised religions have no place in modern society and should be phased out.

Esperanto should replace English as the common language of the world.

It is the government's responsibility to ensure that all citizens' essential needs are met.

Why Esperanto?
Original post by Direstraights
I don't believe in the moon.

why do you say that?
Original post by hamix.forllz
why do you say that?

its a reflexion of earth...

Just kidding!
Original post by Direstraights
its a reflexion of earth...

Just kidding!

so it doesn't exist or what?
Original post by hamix.forllz
- Tony Blair is an evil man, who should never get a knighthood, ever....

- People from oppressed groups who have vocal prejudices should be thrown in jail (,i.e. racist gays, homophobic blacks, etc.)

- Muslims who claim to hate the UK yet were born here should be monitored, tagged, and deported to their parents' countries.

- Catholicism should be banned everywhere, due to its historical and current crimes.

- The UK was just as much to blame for WWI as Germany was. IMHO, MORE SO....

I hate the the uk and im british should i be tagged and deported?

Agree with tony blair witch project.
Gays aren't awesome. But then again millions will join me in that thinking :u:

Latest