The Student Room Group

Mathematics gsce

Scroll to see replies

Original post by German123
yes.

Ohh cool did you achieved what you aimed for in Maths? and although I do past paper now and than is there any way else I can revise effectively?
(edited 9 years ago)
Out of all the GCSEs, maths is probably by far the most straightforward to get an A* in :smile:

The natural sciences have more abstract concepts and theories involved, but maths is literally just about memorising methodology and practicing how to apply it.
Reply 22
No at all , I'm actually so disappointed because I haven't chosen A level math instead of IGSCE again :frown: IGSCE is very easy but it will be my first EXTERNAl EXAM I was just wondering
Original post by Placeboo123
If you're finding it hard maybe you should switch to btec maths
Original post by fayeza
Yes I'll just do my best to get the A* I like my this year I always hated it but idk everything changed this year

I understand how you feel because you really do need a good maths teacher to understand maths if you have not got the aptitude. I am sure you will be fine and even if you do not get an A*(fingers crossed you will) it is not the end of the world as you could still do maths A level(that is if you are intending to) if you get a minimum B grade but if not then it will still be fine (as long as you pass that is)
Reply 24
For me past papers is the best way , I can't enter even an internal test at school without revising some questions from past papers
Original post by Fallen99
Ohh cool did you achieved what you aimed for in Maths? and although I do past paper now and than is there any way else I can revise effectively?

Practice makes perfect and yes i have reached my target grade in maths.

If you are stuck in any maths topic you are free to post your questions on here and i am sure people on here(including me if i remember certain stuff) could help you.
Reply 26
Of course I'm interested in math a level so I'll study the A level as long as I get a good grade on the iGSCE external for math :biggrin: I just registered today for the rest so I hope it will be fine
I understand how you feel because you really do need a good maths teacher to understand maths if you have not got the aptitude. I am sure you will be fine and even if you do not get an A*(fingers crossed you will) it is not the end of the world as you could still do maths A level(that is if you are intending to) if you get a minimum B grade but if not then it will still be fine (as long as you pass that is)
Original post by fayeza
Is it possible to get A* in mathematics igsce ?

I would also like to know. No one has ever gotten an A in my school

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fayeza
For me past papers is the best way , I can't enter even an internal test at school without revising some questions from past papers

Same here past paper just opens up my mind :smile:
Original post by AsandaLFC
I would also like to know. No one has ever gotten an A in my school

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really!! quite surprised
Practice makes perfect and yes i have reached my target grade in maths.

If you are stuck in any maths topic you are free to post your questions on here and i am sure people on here(including me if i remember certain stuff) could help you.

Thanks :smile: By any chance are you doing / have done maths at A-Levels?? confused about something
Original post by Placeboo123
Haha of course not! At least I hope they haven't made one these days, would be pretty special.

There used to be. It wasn't popular and withered away.
Thanks :smile: By any chance are you doing / have done maths at A-Levels?? confused about something

Nope.
Original post by fayeza
Of course I'm interested in math a level so I'll study the A level as long as I get a good grade on the iGSCE external for math :biggrin: I just registered today for the rest so I hope it will be fine

Cool.:smile:
Nope.

Nope? have u done it or not??
Really!! quite surprised

Maths makes me dumb

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nope? have u done it or not??

Done what? A level maths? No. I know someone who got an A at GCSE maths and got a E in her As mock now let alone a grade B gcase maths student
Done what? A level maths? No. I know someone who got an A at GCSE maths and got a E in her As mock now let alone a grade B gcase maths student

Okk thanxx :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AsandaLFC
Maths makes me dumb

Posted from TSR Mobile

How come??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest