The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ffs just got a call from unknown but thanks to my s****y reception in my student flat I couldn't hear anything they said.... -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aussie Dude ._.
Ffs just got a call from unknown but thanks to my s****y reception in my student flat I couldn't hear anything they said.... -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations in advance of confirmation.
Original post by Abdul-Karim
Congratulations in advance of confirmation.

Mate don't say that! They still call even to reject apparently :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mate don't say that! They still call even to reject apparently :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

If it was rothschild you'll have an offer, it seems everyone to have a call so far has been one?
Original post by Drossell
If it was rothschild you'll have an offer, it seems everyone to have a call so far has been one?

Will just have to wait another day. Wish they left a voice message or email if it was them... Well if it's a rejection I will tell you guys tomorrow so everyone knows they do that xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Will just have to wait another day. Wish they left a voice message or email if it was them... Well if it's a rejection I will tell you guys tomorrow so everyone knows they do that xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

They never reject over the phone!
Congrats from me too ^_^
Original post by Purple_fox
Congrats from me too ^_^

Hahahahaha if it was some PPI company it would be the biggest troll ever xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
JP morgan email:People who havent heard also email them if you want

[email protected]

Let us know about what they said if they happen to reply to you

😠

Posted from TSR Mobile
Congrats from me too ^_^

by "they" assume you mean just roths? i was rejected over the phone to be told in feedback i was "very close". makes life so much better. not.

by a different bank
Original post by welcometoib
by "they" assume you mean just roths? i was rejected over the phone to be told in feedback i was "very close". makes life so much better. not.

by a different bank

Ahh I meant all banks, I thought rejections are through e-mails. Blah, I didn't know!
Some IB insight for you all who want to do IBD and advise companies, to keep you focused on what you're working for (apart from Purple_Fox, she seemed to master it already).

Traditional Capitalism:

You have two cows. You sell one and buy a bull. Your herd multiples, and the economy grows. You sell them and retire on the income.

Our Capitalism:

You have two cows. You sell three of them to your publicly listed company, using letters of credit opened by your brother-in-law at the bank across the street, then execute a debt/equity swap with an associated general offer so that you get all four cows back, with a tax exemption for five cows. The milk rights of the six cows are transferred by an intemediatry to a Cayman island company secretly owned by the majority shareholder who sells the rights to all seven cows, with an option on one more. You use one cow to act as collateral for the margin call used to leverage the purchase of four more cows. No balance sheet provided with the release. The public buys your bull.
Original post by fizzbizz
What time was your interview with GS yesterday? I had mine yesterday too haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

They just emailed me that the decision will be given on Tuesday, 3rd Feb.

Since I know some people already received offers, I guess my interview didn't particularly very well...

I guess I will have to take the UBS offer tomorrow, cause I don't know how to postpone it and don't want to risk loosing :/
Original post by welcometoib

by a different bank

:frown: that would not make me feel better at all...

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Rugile1
They just emailed me that the decision will be given on Tuesday, 3rd Feb.

Since I know some people already received offers, I guess my interview didn't particularly very well...

I guess I will have to take the UBS offer tomorrow, cause I don't know how to postpone it and don't want to risk loosing :/

Me too! :frown: Your interview wasn't at 10:30 by any chance was it?
Original post by Abdul-Karim
Some IB insight for you all who want to do IBD and advise companies, to keep you focused on what you're working for (apart from Purple_Fox, she seemed to master it already).

Traditional Capitalism:

You have two cows. You sell one and buy a bull. Your herd multiples, and the economy grows. You sell them and retire on the income.

Our Capitalism:

You have two cows. You sell three of them to your publicly listed company, using letters of credit opened by your brother-in-law at the bank across the street, then execute a debt/equity swap with an associated general offer so that you get all four cows back, with a tax exemption for five cows. The milk rights of the six cows are transferred by an intemediatry to a Cayman island company secretly owned by the majority shareholder who sells the rights to all seven cows, with an option on one more. You use one cow to act as collateral for the margin call used to leverage the purchase of four more cows. No balance sheet provided with the release. The public buys your bull.

first one sounds miles better thanks, and easier.
Original post by sigmafield
Goldman Sachs securities offer :biggrin:

Congrats! May I ask which uni u study at?
not gonna lie - I am not buying Sigmafield - i dont believe only one person on here has been given an offer - sigma is a new member too - sorry to question his/her integrity but it just doesn't add up
Original post by fizzbizz
Me too! :frown: Your interview wasn't at 10:30 by any chance was it?

Mine was at 9.35, I wish they made the decision sooner, even if it was a negative one.

Good luck for you though!
Reply 6518
Original post by JackoRead
not gonna lie - I am not buying Sigmafield - i dont believe only one person on here has been given an offer - sigma is a new member too - sorry to question his/her integrity but it just doesn't add up

They're giving out decisions to those who said they're under time pressures from other firms. A lot of people will hear tomorrow.
Lastly waiting on MS to reply and will be accepting GS, citi and (hopefully) MS. That is all I could fit in.

Citi and gs clash

Latest

Trending

Trending