The Student Room Group

Have you ever suffered from a mental health problem?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Schizoaffective disorder (depressive type) here :wavey:

Snap! (Almost, I'm the bipolar type :biggrin:). It's weird, IRL I know barely anyone with Schizoaffective disorder (and I have to go to monthly clinics and am involved with support groups at my uni and things so I meet a lot of mentally ill people). But lots of people on the internet seem to have it. I think we have talked before though :biggrin: but even on other forums :smile:.

I like how the poll has 100% yes at the moment, though I suppose there is a bit of bias :P
Original post by Squaresquirrel
Snap! (Almost, I'm the bipolar type :biggrin:). It's weird, IRL I know barely anyone with Schizoaffective disorder (and I have to go to monthly clinics and am involved with support groups at my uni and things so I meet a lot of mentally ill people). But lots of people on the internet seem to have it. I think we have talked before though :biggrin: but even on other forums :smile:.

I like how the poll has 100% yes at the moment, though I suppose there is a bit of bias :P

Yeah, we have talked before! :biggrin: I don't think I know anyone IRL with it either :nah:
Well seeing as everyone will depressed at some point, this question is pointless tbh.
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Yeah, we have talked before! :biggrin: I don't think I know anyone IRL with it either :nah:

Ye I thought we had - I see you on MHSS a lot (I lurk bit rarely post haha) and didn't want to come across as stalkerish XD.

Original post by Xin Xang
Well seeing as everyone will depressed at some point, this question is pointless tbh.

There is a difference between being depressed/sad, and having clinical depression - while the rate of clinical depression in a lifetime is quite high, I don't think it's quite 100% . . . .
Original post by Squaresquirrel
Ye I thought we had - I see you on MHSS a lot (I lurk bit rarely post haha) and didn't want to come across as stalkerish XD.

There is a difference between being depressed/sad, and having clinical depression - while the rate of clinical depression in a lifetime is quite high, I don't think it's quite 100% . . . .

I don't see the difference except that one kind of depressed person is more willing to have it officially recognised than another.

Posted from TSR Mobile
:yes: borderline personality disorder here.
Depression,self harming,panic attacks,bulimia you name it
Either this poll is suffering from horrendous selection bias, or the country is ****ed.

Or both.
Original post by Xin Xang
I don't see the difference except that one kind of depressed person is more willing to have it officially recognised than another.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Speaking as someone who had a few 'depressed' periods (due to bullying/family problems etc.) before becoming unwell and then having experienced clinical depressive episodes I can say that there is huge difference in how each makes you feel, it's not just the same feeling with different labels. There is a tonne of information about this out there if you wanna give it a look but clinical depression seriously affects all areas of your life (including appetite and sleep), and lasts a very long time and often has no discernible cause. Different to feeling sad because of a life event, where you may be able to find solace in activities you enjoy and which will pass with time.
Depression. Not that bad though, it's just emptiness. It's not painful.
Reply 30
Original post by Mad Vlad
Either this poll is suffering from horrendous selection bias, or the country is ****ed.

Or both.

it´s like asking have you suffered from a physical problem, broken foot, cut arm.... many people have (but in the mind)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending