The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by swirly
wengs will never pay the fee

How much would Pogba cost, £50m? I think AW is capable of that because he really likes Pogba, tried many times to sign him before and during his Utd spell.

But if Pogba was on the market then City, Real and Barca would all be favourites over AFC.
Original post by Zürich
How much would Pogba cost, £50m? I think AW is capable of that because he really likes Pogba, tried many times to sign him before and during his Utd spell.

But if Pogba was on the market then City, Real and Barca would all be favourites over AFC.

yeah over £50m has been the rumoured fee; I just cant see him paying that for someone who plays in central midfield. If it was an attacking midfielder Im sure he'd do it, if the price reflected the player's quality, but no so sure about a CM.

and whats Wenger's favourite saying if the price is right

what do you think of Wilshere as a holding midfielder?
(edited 9 years ago)
People need to seriously stop bringing Pogba up, feel sorry for the guy the number of times he has explicitly said he won't be leaving under any circumstance , man's loyal to Juve.

Anyone who thinks he'll be going to united is even more deluded, he seems EXTREMELY bitter at the way you guys showed no faith in him.

Only teams he would go to is PSG or a big Spanish club imo, and definitely not any time soon
Fully expect nothing but three points and a decent performance from your mob this weekend.
Original post by leinad2012
People need to seriously stop bringing Pogba up, feel sorry for the guy the number of times he has explicitly said he won't be leaving under any circumstance , man's loyal to Juve.

Anyone who thinks he'll be going to united is even more deluded, he seems EXTREMELY bitter at the way you guys showed no faith in him.

Only teams he would go to is PSG or a big Spanish club imo, and definitely not any time soon

Extremely bitter at United or Fergie? Lol. Hes said in a recent interview that he has no problems with United and its a club that he loves. Anyone who thinks he'll join Arsenal is deluded. He wont join City. The only options i think he'll be open to is United, PSG and the 2 Spanish clubs along with possibly Chelsea.

"I'm impatient," Pogba told FourFourTwo. "It was the feeling I had. The coach [Sir Alex Ferguson] had faith in me, but didn't put me on. He said that I was too young

"He said 'your time will come', but it never did. It didn't come. But it does not mean I will speak ill of Manchester United. I love the club." So how is he 'EXTREMELY BITTER' at the way United showed no faith in him?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 585
Completely forgot about PSG tbh. I doubt Barca, Bayern or Real will be in for another cm this summer, the guys that they have in their first team playing in that position are basically staples, and I doubt Pogba will settle for a place on the bench. City, on the other hand, still have to recoup on their losses after the Bony signing.

I don't think it is impossible for Arsenal to sign Pogba though, how many of us really thought they would sign Ozil when they did?
(edited 9 years ago)
People need to stop with the 'Pogba hates United' bull****.

That someone would blown a minor niggle out of proportion? I remember he was rested against Villa away earlier this season. We still won the match convincingly
Original post by sevchenko
That someone would blown a minor niggle out of proportion? I remember he was rested against Villa away earlier this season. We still won the match convincingly

You'll have to be so under-par to drop points to Villa at the minute. I know they've got Gil and signed Delph on a long-term deal, but they won't trouble you like they did last season.
fully expect to not see him again this season.. our medical staff will already have the leaches on his arms and be drilling into his head
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
Extremely bitter at United or Fergie? Lol. Hes said in a recent interview that he has no problems with United and its a club that he loves. Anyone who thinks he'll join Arsenal is deluded. He wont join City. The only options i think he'll be open to is United, PSG and the 2 Spanish clubs along with possibly Chelsea.

"I'm impatient," Pogba told FourFourTwo. "It was the feeling I had. The coach [Sir Alex Ferguson] had faith in me, but didn't put me on. He said that I was too young

"He said 'your time will come', but it never did. It didn't come. But it does not mean I will speak ill of Manchester United. I love the club." So how is he 'EXTREMELY BITTER' at the way United showed no faith in him?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have never said he will join Arsenal, I agree there is no chance of that happening.

The reason I say that he seems bitter is due the fact he is always talking about how Juve showed faith in him, which seemed to indirectly apply that he wasn't happy with how he was treated at United, whether that means he dislikes Fergie or United I wouldn't know. However, I don't think Pirlo would have said a few days ago in a press conference that United would have to "live with their mistake" of letting Pogba go without Pogba's say so, or at least without him suggesting privately to the player that he doesn't want to go back.

Also, I'm guessing a large amount of fuel to transfer gossip is due to his agent, who has been hyping up his transfer for the last year, yet Pogba has been quoted as saying "he [the agent] can say I'm worth £60mil, I'm worth nothing" or words to that effect.

I'm only saying what I see from a neutral perspective, and it doesn't look to me like Pogba wants to go anywhere. Also, why wouldn't he go to City but would go to United? Seems a pretty bizaar assumption considering City will be in need of a dominating midfielder soon when Yaya leaves or retires and they have the money, or is it more YOU don't want him to go there? :rolleyes:
Original post by Mackay
You'll have to be so under-par to drop points to Villa at the minute. I know they've got Gil and signed Delph on a long-term deal, but they won't trouble you like they did last season.

They also signed Scott Sinclair on loan. Not sure if he'll start but his match fitness must be non existent
(edited 9 years ago)

Despite various quotes from Raiola and Paul himself then yeah, and you saying he won't move is lol worthy considering Raiola has basically said he's moving this summer. Your bitterness is a joy to behold towards United :laugh:

Seems my TSR ****ed up. WOLO already said it.
Original post by VanGaalOut
Despite various quotes from Raiola and Paul himself then yeah, and you saying he won't move is lol worthy considering Raiola has basically said he's moving this summer. Your bitterness is a joy to behold towards United :laugh:

It's only words, and words are all he has. Raiola is nothing. But then of course, "We shall see"
Original post by sevchenko
They also signed Scott Sinclair on loan. Not sure if he'll start but his match fitness must be non existent

Back from the dead.
Original post by shawn_o1
It's only words, and words are all he has. Raiola is nothing. But then of course, "We shall see"

Raiola is a **** yeah, but there's literally nothing to base the perception Pogba hates United on other than mislaid hearsay.
The optimist in me says yes, but I can't actually see any potential targets who would joining apart from that Dortmund utility man. That being said, we only knew about Gabriel (not Paulista :wink:) when the deal was all but done, which is the norm with us so it's tough to tell

Feel sorry for the news reporter that will be standing outside the Emirates all day because honestly, unless it's something like another Monreal type signing, I don't see it. Which I won't be disappointed about tbf :biggrin:

Original post by Zürich
We wont be signing anyone else, just be glad we actually signed what looks like a decent CB!

Exactly! Decent window, 7/10 imo. Filled the gap that was number one priority arguably.

Say it ain't so. Say it ain't ****ing so!
Original post by VanGaalOut

Pogba has contradicted his agent many times with regards to a transfer, the latest was 3 days ago when he said that his agent could say what he wanted he wasn't worth anything because he wasn't going anywhere.

I am not bitter towards United, I dislike bandwagon "fans" like yourself, you are what the vast majority of football fans despise.

Maybe it's all a ploy from him, or maybe you're reading what you want to read while disregarding what you don't want to read.

Also, what's up with your obsession with Arsenal and Chelsea, just looked at your account and 90% of posts are on our forums and about 5 on the United one?
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest