The Student Room Group

worried my weight will put guys off

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I'm not really fat at all but I'm slightly overweight (like not much but I'm very self conscious about it) and I'm worried the fact I have a bit of a tummy/ bigger thighs will put guys off if we decide to take things further. From your experiences, do guys generally get put off by girls being slightly bigger or do they care more about other things?

Not everybody is attracted to borderline anorexic girls. :smile:
It totally depends on the guy. Many guys I know prefer bigger girls. However, if you're not happy with your size, you can always diet and exercise. What matters on the long run is how you view yourself (and this will reflect upon how guys view you).
Original post by Juichiro

So being not fat is anorexic now?

Posted from TSR Mobile

There is a happy medium. It's called being physically fit.
Original post by TurboCretin
There is a happy medium. It's called being physically fit.

Which is not the case for most individuals. :smile:
Original post by Jebedee
So being not fat is anorexic now?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No it is not. But the modern ideal is close to being anorexic.
I know many who do, a few of my friends say mean things about them in the club too...

For me, if you have an ass I'll pronsbly date you. Not a fat ass, a curvy ass.
Do men not deserve to be with a woman they are attracted to? :hmmm: He's not a villain just because he doesn't like a certain body type.

At the same time, don't stress yourself for a man who doesn't like it, unless you really want him. Then yea drop some fat, tighten those thighs :hubba:

If you got with him at one body weight and became another after you two got together, and he wants you to lose weight, well...I'd do it. Like stop being selfish and drop some weight :colonhash:
I'm not really fat at all but I'm slightly overweight (like not much but I'm very self conscious about it) and I'm worried the fact I have a bit of a tummy/ bigger thighs will put guys off if we decide to take things further. From your experiences, do guys generally get put off by girls being slightly bigger or do they care more about other things?

I believe they care more about other things... But more importantly is how you feel and believe me a life worried about your weight is a life wasted! Embrace your body and everything it does for you :smile:

It'll put the wrong type of guys off. If they're bothered then they aren't worth it.
Which is not the case for most individuals. :smile:

1. It's hardly unusual.

2. What does how common it is have to do with anything? You presented a false binary of overweight and borderline anorexic, as though 'healthy' is not an option.

Not as far as attractiveness to guys is concerned, which is what this thread is about.
Original post by TurboCretin
1. It's hardly unusual.

2. What does how common it is have to do with anything? 3.You presented a false binary of overweight and borderline anorexic, as though 'healthy' is not an option.

4.Not as far as attractiveness to guys is concerned, which is what this thread is about.

1. I disagree. Take the UK population and I bet you two pints that less than half of the UK population are physically fit.

2. The user said that there is a happy medium (being physically fit). I told him that most individuals don't fall there (i.e. they are not physically fit). Understood?

3. Perhaps, I did. But underweight-skinny seems to be the goal of many females. Seeing the models that they compare themselves to is no wonder that they are so anxious to reach an ever-decreasing weight.

4. Joking? Seeing point 3 about the models. An individual in the underweight end will have more chances to get laid than an individual in the overweight end. This is my hypothesis.
(edited 9 years ago)
1. I disagree. Take the UK population and I bet you two pints that less than half of the UK population are physically fit.

2. The user said that there is a happy medium (being physically fit). I told him that most individuals don't fall there (i.e. they are not physically fit). Understood?

3. Perhaps, I did. But underweight-skinny seems to be the goal of many females. Seeing the models that they compare themselves to is no wonder that they are so anxious to reach an ever-decreasing weight.

4. Joking? Seeing point 3 about the models. An individual in the underweight end will have more chances to get laid than an individual in the overweight end. This is my hypothesis.

1. Half the UK population is over 35 million people. It doesn't require 35 million people in the UK being physically fit for it to be 'not unusual'. You're setting yourself very favourable odds for those pints, especially seeing as a significant chunk of the UK population is middle-aged and older.

2. I'm not sure what to say other than reiterate. The OP said she's insecure about her weight, you said most guys would prefer that to someone who is borderline anorexic. But that is faint praise when guys would much prefer someone a healthy weight to either of these.

3. Be that as it may, that doesn't mean it's the look most guys are attracted to. Which, once again, is the focus of this thread.

4. Aren't you contradicting yourself here? The first thing you said to OP was that guys would prefer someone overweight to a borderline anorexic, yet here you're saying someone stick skinny would find it easier to attract guys than someone overweight. Which is it?

Well someone who wants to lose weight can do the proper way (diet and exercise) or they can do it the lazy and cheating way (starve themselves). Any guy would take the former over the latter, any day.
I'm somewhere between 11 and 12 stone (not sure how much bcos I haven't weighed myself for months and I have lost weight recently) and I'm 5'8

Perfect for me hate skinny girls

Posted from TSR Mobile
I like curvy girls, not overweight, but nothing wrong with carrying a bit of weight. At work, it seems like all the girls are constantly dieting, most of the younger ones look fine to me, yet they're all obsessed with losing a few pounds.

Please do not mistake this for some moral position. I find it so funny that people think I'm a "good person" for preferring average size (in our society) girls. It's just what I find attractive, if I liked size six girls i'd say that, and then women would call me a pig. We can't help what we're attracted to, anyone than gay people can help which gender they're attracted to. If a guy is only sexually attracted to skinny girls he's unlucky, if anything.

Trust me. Bigger women will always turn some guys on. It's bigger men who have problems. The fattest women I know still manage to get dates.
Original post by Jebedee
Well someone who wants to lose weight can do the proper way (diet and exercise) or they can do it the lazy and cheating way (starve themselves). Any guy would take the former over the latter, any day.

Well, there is also a group of people who do both things. I suspect that's the majority.
Original post by Mankytoes
I like curvy girls, not overweight, but nothing wrong with carrying a bit of weight. At work, it seems like all the girls are constantly dieting, most of the younger ones look fine to me, yet they're all obsessed with losing a few pounds.

Please do not mistake this for some moral position. I find it so funny that people think I'm a "good person" for preferring average size (in our society) girls. It's just what I find attractive, if I liked size six girls i'd say that, and then women would call me a pig. We can't help what we're attracted to, anyone than gay people can help which gender they're attracted to. If a guy is only sexually attracted to skinny girls he's unlucky, if anything.

This. They seem to be aiming for ever decreasing amounts, getting them closer and closer to the extreme (anorexia).
Firstly, different guys like different girls. For as many who don't go for your body shape, there will be as many who do. Some guys don't like slim girls, so no matter what your body is like, some people will like it, others won't.

But, if you're worried about your weight so much, do something to change it! Not for a man, but for yourself. You shouldn't be so concerned about whether your body is okay that you come and create a thread. Maybe start having a look at your diet and exercise regime, and see if there are things that you could change about them. Because you would feel better for yourself. And most guys like confidence!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending