The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Kings College London Nursing Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

I've just received a message from Kings. unfortunately, I've been unsuccessful . it must have been on my literacy test cos i was 100% confident that i perfected on the numeracy test. I'm really gutted. Good luck to everyone who are still waiting to hear from them.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 21
Ah I'm so sorry! I had my selection day the same day as you and have check my emails but not heard yet. My literacy went rubbish to, so not holding out much hope! :frown: Good luck with your other applications. xxx
Reply 22
When did you have your selection days?
Reply 23
I think we were both on the 21st January x
Original post by abgreen
I think we were both on the 21st January x

yep that's right. I couldn't attend a test day for my second choice uni cos it was on the same day. they couldn't reschedule it. So i lost my first & second choice ... not looking hopeful.
Reply 25
Have you heard back from king's after your selection day?
Reply 26
I haven't heard back yet know. Did you attend this selection day too then? have you heard back?
Original post by AlmondCantucci
yep that's right. I couldn't attend a test day for my second choice uni cos it was on the same day. they couldn't reschedule it. So i lost my first & second choice ... not looking hopeful.

What uni was that?

You could have postponed King's, they don't mind.

Sorry to hear about that :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have an interview for Adult Nursing on the 17th feb but I can't seem to use the sn@p service. Does anyone know how to sign up because I've tried to do so 3 times and it says my email is registered so I requested a new password and still nothing? Many thanks :smile:
Original post by laurenmccready
I have an interview for Adult Nursing on the 17th feb but I can't seem to use the sn@p service. Does anyone know how to sign up because I've tried to do so 3 times and it says my email is registered so I requested a new password and still nothing? Many thanks :smile:

It's best to call them up, they do things a lot quicker that way :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
Original post by laurenmccready

When did king's get to you after doing your selection day? Also, when did you do it?
Original post by babyshawte
What uni was that?

You could have postponed King's, they don't mind.

Sorry to hear about that :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was South bank uni. I think I was too eager for kings and somewhat confident that I would get through. So I didn't think of rescheduling kings selection day.. I have worked in the NHS at assistant practitioner level but I underestimated this selection process. Gutted a few mistakes at the selection day could just end my possibility like that..
Reply 32
Original post by Reeny26
When did king's get to you after doing your selection day? Also, when did you do it?

Have you been to a King's selection day too Reeny26? I had mine on the 21st January but haven't heard back yet.
Reply 33
Original post by abgreen
Have you been to a King's selection day too Reeny26? I had mine on the 21st January but haven't heard back yet.

I haven't heard back either. I went on the same day
Reply 34
Original post by Reeny26
I haven't heard back either. I went on the same day

The wait is killing me!!
I had my interviews and test all on a the 12th of Jan and today received an conditional offer from KCL for adult nursing. All I would say is I definitely got a couple Qs wrong in my maths exam and I didn't finish the English test but as advised the quality is better than quantity. The fact some girls finished the English exam in the time allocated with a good level of detail is beyond me and I think impossible! The MMI is defiantly where I performed best, just be positive, chatty and be true to what you believe and if you love nursing and think like a nurse you will be fine. I currently work in a hospital so have experience but if you have no personality it will get you know where . So I hope people who aren't the most academic like me just be yourselves, apply yourself, work hard and have CONFIDENCE and you can do it!!! Best of luck everyone that is still waiting xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also I was advised if you failed a test you should hear back with in a week. 3-5 weeks they are considering you! So to begin with no news is good news!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Chelceyg
I had my interviews and test all on a the 12th of Jan and today received an conditional offer from KCL for adult nursing. All I would say is I definitely got a couple Qs wrong in my maths exam and I didn't finish the English test but as advised the quality is better than quantity. The fact some girls finished the English exam in the time allocated with a good level of detail is beyond me and I think impossible! The MMI is defiantly where I performed best, just be positive, chatty and be true to what you believe and if you love nursing and think like a nurse you will be fine. I currently work in a hospital so have experience but if you have no personality it will get you know where . So I hope people who aren't the most academic like me just be yourselves, apply yourself, work hard and have CONFIDENCE and you can do it!!! Best of luck everyone that is still waiting xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got an offer as well! :smile: Will you be firming King's?
Ah yey well done! I've got 2 more interviews so I'm staying open minded. I love London just not the cost of. 2nd/3rd year accommodation is my only negative really because I just don't know how I would survive with out getting in serious debt!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Chelceyg
Ah yey well done! I've got 2 more interviews so I'm staying open minded. I love London just not the cost of. 2nd/3rd year accommodation is my only negative really because I just don't know how I would survive with out getting in serious debt!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! Yeah, I totally understand because that part worries me too but I heard it's quite easy to get a job in London as a student nurse :smile: Oh I see - I wish you the best for the rest of your interviews!

Quick Reply

Latest