The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

What accommodation is best for everything?!

OK, so I went to the applicant day and they only showed us the new flats built. I have no clue where's the best one to stay in for access to uni, nightlife, etcccc!

Please help a lost girl :frown:
I am looking for the same suggestion.

Posted from TSR Mobile
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by sophiebabbage
OK, so I went to the applicant day and they only showed us the new flats built. I have no clue where's the best one to stay in for access to uni, nightlife, etcccc!

Apparently, glen ayre is the best in terms of social but is the furthest from any clubs etc
Original post by Tim54
Apparently, glen ayre is the best in terms of social but is the furthest from any clubs etc

Except for the one at the union, which Glen Eyre is very close to.
Original post by sophiebabbage

Hi, I'm a first year at Southampton! I really wouldn't worry about distance from clubs/uni too much seeing as everyone in halls gets a free bus pass anyway. The new halls (mayflower/city gateway) are waayy more expensive than the others, i'm living in monte which is on wessex lane, its only a 15 minute walk from campus and although we tend to get taxis back from nights out in portswood, its about a half hour walk from jesters/sobar which are the most popular/cheapest clubs for students. If you're willing to pay for it then i'm sure the new halls are great, but the others are really good too and it seems that the cheaper halls have better social life...hope that helps!
I'm a first year at southampton, i'm in an enhanced room at glen eyre which is lovely! I've always gone out to clubs, to town and bits and never been an issue as there's a free bus pass or you just split the taxi with your mates, and it's a 2 minute walk to campus which is great! The mayflower halls are really nice but crazy expensive for what they are and the rooms are smaller i think compared to other halls. X
Reply 6
Original post by laurenmcmahon35
Anyone else having trouble registering or just me? Being told my personal details aren't validated is slightly terrifying. Anyone know what I should do or had the same problem? How do I validate my details am I missing something?!

I had the same problem a couple weeks ago but we just rang them up and they'd fixed it within a week. Applying for halls right now actually :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending