The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Where's my post? :colonhash:
Original post by Lulu24
Homosexuality....is wrong....

lol..asking for trouble, eh?

What's life without a lil treble? :cool:
Original post by zimbo97
I'm no expert on the matter, but it seems rash not to at least coordinate attacks on ISIS with Iran, if only in Iraq and not Syria.

Sounds interesting. It does seem a bit inconsistent to list the Al-Quds Brigade and Qassem Soleimani as terrorists and yet give tacit approval to their tactics, but one can also argue we did exactly that in Kobane in supporting the PYD/YPG yet label its parent organization the PKK as a terrorist group.

Would you support allowing the Syrian Army to defeat ISIS by using airstrikes as long as there are no so-called 'moderate rebel groups' (although I'm worried about some FSA member's fondness of Jabhat al-Nusra and Khorasan) also involved in the region?
Original post by Ratach
By consistent pronunciation I meant every letter representing the same sound in every word. I'm not bothered by accents. :smile:

You'd need a new and huge alphabet then (i.e. a different symbol for all the different ways a vowel can be pronounced depending on context, rather than just the one), or to use the IPA, but people's actual pronunciation would still vary.

You can tell I'm a phonetics geek :wink:
Only taxpayers should get NHS treatment...
Original post by earthworm
Only taxpayers should get NHS treatment...

and the rest of us?
I am a communist
Original post by TheTruthTeller
Hey guys,

As the title says, what is the view you hold deemed most "controversial" in this society we live in today in Britain?

That I'm FABULOUS...Many beg to differ...
GM crops..who cares :P
Probably that our country should issue breeding licenses, with only those deemed to be suitable as parents will legally be allowed to have a child.

So if you are not financially able to support a child, or have no concept of how to raise a healthy child, or have a criminal past, or have any kind of disease or genetic abnormality that is likely to be passed on, or meet any one of a number of other criteria that would classify you as undesirable, then you shall not be issued with a breeding license and having a child would result firstly in the child being taken off you and secondly with you being sentenced to a lengthy spell behind bars.

And yes, this post is absolutely serious.
Original post by OU Student
and the rest of us?

Should pay, Unless you are a kid, kids should go free.
Should pay, Unless you are a kid, kids should go free.

even people like me who are too sick to work? How lovely of you
Original post by mackemforever
Probably that our country should issue breeding licenses, with only those deemed to be suitable as parents will legally be allowed to have a child.

So if you are not financially able to support a child, or have no concept of how to raise a healthy child, or have a criminal past, or have any kind of disease or genetic abnormality that is likely to be passed on, or meet any one of a number of other criteria that would classify you as undesirable, then you shall not be issued with a breeding license and having a child would result firstly in the child being taken off you and secondly with you being sentenced to a lengthy spell behind bars.

And yes, this post is absolutely serious.

I think they tried something like this in the late 1930s to mid 1940s in Germany.. Were you good mates with di canio by any chance?
even people like me who are too sick to work? How lovely of you

Why should I pay for your illness? Btw if you were working or under 18 when you became too sick to work then the NHS should pay.
I think they tried something like this in the late 1930s to mid 1940s in Germany.. Were you good mates with di canio by any chance?

Difference is that to me what makes somebody unsuitable to breed has **** all to do with their race or religion, but everything to do with what they are like as a person and their current life standing.
Why should I pay for your illness? Btw if you were working or under 18 when you became too sick to work then the NHS should pay.

Would you be saying the same if you suddenly woke up one day and became seriously ill? It can and does happen to people. I was 24 when I started to become seriously ill, although, it was clear from the age of 7 that something wasn't quite right.
Would you be saying the same if you suddenly woke up one day and became seriously ill? It can and does happen to people. I was 24 when I started to become seriously ill, although, it was clear from the age of 7 that something wasn't quite right.

I pay tax (and work hard to do so) so it wouldn't apply to me. You could get health insurance. Pay for it out of your massive incapacity benefit or whatever its called now.
I pay tax (and work hard to do so) so it wouldn't apply to me. You could get health insurance. Pay for it out of your massive incapacity benefit or whatever its called now.

Except, I can't get health insurance due to the serious illness I have, which can and does kill.

You clearly have no idea at all of serious illnesses, do you?

Oh, and disability benefits aren't actually that much. Not by the time you take into the actual cost of having a serious illness.
Except, I can't get health insurance due to the serious illness I have, which can and does kill.

You clearly have no idea at all of serious illnesses, do you?

Oh, and disability benefits aren't actually that much. Not by the time you take into the actual cost of having a serious illness.

Actually I my wife and nephew have had recent experience of serious illness, don't assume you know someone's story by knowing their politics. Also is my wife was paying tax!..oh and my wife's income support allowance was a fair wack. If we lived in social housing we would have had more disposable income then we do working!
Reply 839
Anyone on JSA should have to work for 2 days a week on community improvement type projects to earn their money.

Latest