The Student Room Group

Cambridge Offer Holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Elcor
When I heard the letter come through the letter box on the 10th I pretty much had a panic attack...

I didn't even know my post had arrived

Brother j came up with the letter

He had no clue what it was
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I didn't even know my post had arrived

Brother j came up with the letter

He had no clue what it was

It sounds like your family don't know much about your life haha
Original post by Elcor
It sounds like your family don't know much about your life haha

Tbf he's like, idk less than 10 years old

But yeah, they don't :tongue:
Original post by EHZ17
I should be doing English cwk. Like eng cwk is my number one priority right now as if I can get 100% it puts me in such a good position but I just can't be asked right now. You would think an offer would change my motivation but it just hasn't for english.

English literature is the bane of my life, what board are you on?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Tbf he's like, idk less than 10 years old

But yeah, they don't :tongue:

You don't know how old you brother is 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NinjaPandaa
English literature is the bane of my life, what board are you on?

Posted from TSR Mobile

WJEC :frown:

Only way to get 100% UMS is by getting 100% raw. NOT a fan
Original post by EHZ17
WJEC :frown:

Only way to get 100% UMS is by getting 100% raw. NOT a fan

Ew wjec, take it you're from wales too? I'm on aqa for English which isn't too bad tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
SUPER late to the party, but I'm an offer holder for Homerton natural sciences phys (A*A*AB) :biggrin:
Original post by umutalberts
SUPER late to the party, but I'm an offer holder for Homerton natural sciences phys (A*A*AB) :biggrin:

Awesome :party2:

Are you bio/phys? I'm a physical natsci but for Queens'!!
Original post by cerlohee
Awesome :party2:

Are you bio/phys? I'm a physical natsci but for Queens'!!

Phys!! High five!! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by umutalberts
Phys!! High five!! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Whoo! Which modules are you thinking of taking? :biggrin:
Original post by cerlohee
Whoo! Which modules are you thinking of taking? :biggrin:

Chemistry, Materials, Maths A and not sure about the last one, you??

Edit: I want to take evolution and behaviour but I'm not sure how the lack of biology A level will affect me, so maybe physics?
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Anyone else experiencing sudden doubts about actually meeting their offer? :redface:
Original post by drowninginsound
Anyone else experiencing sudden doubts about actually meeting their offer? :redface:

I think about it everytime i do maths. Its terrifying.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's why it's safer to apply after finishing your A-Levels. Acceptance rate is higher, so I've heard. Plus, it's less stressful and you actually know where you stand.
Original post by physicsmaths
I think about it everytime i do maths. Its terrifying.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, every time I worry about my offer I think about the maths applicants and feel bad... :colondollar:

Original post by foreignbloke
That's why it's safer to apply after finishing your A-Levels. Acceptance rate is higher, so I've heard. Plus, it's less stressful and you actually know where you stand.

You may be right, however I didn't really fancy waiting another year before starting university. And even then it's no guarantee you'll get in having waited. :s-smilie:
Yeah, every time I worry about my offer I think about the maths applicants and feel bad... :colondollar:

You may be right, however I didn't really fancy waiting another year before starting university. And even then it's no guarantee you'll get in having waited. :s-smilie:

No one said it is, but I reckon it's much safer (of course I may be wrong) for a few reasons:
- no stress on meeting your offer
- realistic uni choices (obviously if you have, for example, ABC at A2 you won't go for Cambridge)
- more things to put on your personal statement
- I've been told by someone who talked with a DoS that a good gap year provides a strong ground for an applicant (more mature and more experience)
- gets you out of your comfort zone - for most people, leaving home and going to uni is a new experience, you need to take care of yourself, become independent... a gap year can help to prepare with that
Original post by foreignbloke
I've been told by someone who talked with a DoS that a good gap year provides a strong ground for an applicant (more mature and more experience)

not with science.
Original post by EHZ17
I should be doing English cwk. Like eng cwk is my number one priority right now as if I can get 100% it puts me in such a good position but I just can't be asked right now. You would think an offer would change my motivation but it just hasn't for english.

Haha god I'm exactly the same with English. The only part I'm really interested in is poetry so everything else, particularly coursework I just cannot be arsed :frown:

Original post by physicsmaths
Chill lad, im just messing around lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha sorry, didn't mean to sound aggressive or anything

Original post by comptroller
Durham were the only university to reject me :angry::angry:

I've a feeling it will go the same way for me!

Original post by TVIO
You got rejected from Durham but got an offer from Cambridge? May I ask the subject? That's pretty rare I would've thought.

I think it's probably not that rare. I may well be rejected for Durham, due to my GCSEs, despite getting into Cambridge. It's probably because the latter focuses on UMS, while the former totally ignores it!
Original post by TVIO
You got rejected from Durham but got an offer from Cambridge? May I ask the subject? That's pretty rare I would've thought.

Yup. Politics and International Relations, which is HSPS at Cambridge.

I am convinced Durham have blacklisted me as I applied a few years before and was rejected by them.

Cambridge and LSE accepted me right off the bat.:confused:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending