The Student Room Group

Do you plan to get married in the future?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Multitalented me
Haha, saying that my parents will probs still try & get me an arranged one lol :lol: :tongue:

your not a Muslim so why get married and risk your life?
Original post by al_94
I would like to get married but I also like my own space and wouldn't like to have some woman nagging me and telling me what to do.

Women will nag you and are snoopy as well, if they get bored of you they will leave you.
Original post by Anonymous
your not a Muslim so why get married and risk your life?
Well my parents are plus their culture. I dunno, I can just see it getting messy in the future :dong:
Original post by Multitalented me
Well my parents are plus their culture. I dunno, I can just see it getting messy in the future :dong:

your marriage will most likely be messy, given that 90% divorces are initiated by women, imagine if women had the power of verbal divorce.:eek: Scary!
Original post by Anonymous
your marriage will most likely be messy, given that 90% divorces are initiated by women, imagine if women had the power of verbal divorce.:eek: Scary!

Well I'm still hoping I won't get married haha :tongue:
I'd like to get married. My partner has to divorce first though lol

I'm not sure if he'd remarry. I'd like to think he would one day. I'd want a big enough house that we're not in each other's pockets though
Nope.
Not planning on getting married and not planning on having kids of my own- I would consider adoption though.

It doesn't appeal to me for some reason. I think its because I'm fiercely independent and am normally more committed to work- not sure I could survive relationship commitments lol.

However I've never experienced romance so probably if I get a serious date my views may change.

Who knows what the future has in store for us?
Original post by mediageek123
Nope.
Not planning on getting married and not planning on having kids of my own- I would consider adoption though.

It doesn't appeal to me for some reason. I think its because I'm fiercely independent and am normally more committed to work- not sure I could survive relationship commitments lol.

However I've never experienced romance so probably if I get a serious date my views may change.

Who knows what the future has in store for us?

How come you don't want a home grown baby? Just curious
Original post by SnooFnoo
How come you don't want a home grown baby? Just curious

Hehe. Sorry 'homegrown' just sounded funny.

Eh... I don't know really. I think alot of it is because of how school over-dramatised pregnancy and birth in life skills lessons (I know they were just trying to discourage teenage pregnancies but it has discouraged me for life unfortunately)

Also I think of all the children who are in care because of a tragedy with their birth parents or their parents didn't want children so gave them up. I think thats really sad that fate does that to some children because everyone should deserve a happy family atmosphere or a chance at being part of a family.

I think everyone deserves some family love & if they feel like they aren't part of one... well I can't imagine what that must feel like.

But I guess thats the reason why.
Original post by mediageek123
Hehe. Sorry 'homegrown' just sounded funny.

Eh... I don't know really. I think alot of it is because of how school over-dramatised pregnancy and birth in life skills lessons (I know they were just trying to discourage teenage pregnancies but it has discouraged me for life unfortunately)

Also I think of all the children who are in care because of a tragedy with their birth parents or their parents didn't want children so gave them up. I think thats really sad that fate does that to some children because everyone should deserve a happy family atmosphere or a chance at being part of a family.

I think everyone deserves some family love & if they feel like they aren't part of one... well I can't imagine what that must feel like.

But I guess thats the reason why.

Fair enough. I would always consider adoption too. Just want a homegrown one too (maybe). I don't feel old enough to decide whether I want kids at all yet lol even tho all my siblings had children (yes plural) by my age (25)
Definitely would like to get married but packing at the sight of divorce (If I get to be the wealthy guy I want to be).
Original post by Imperion
Definitely would like to get married but packing at the sight of divorce (If I get to be the wealthy guy I want to be).

Prenup.
yeep
Original post by Queen Cersei
How does TSR feel about marriage?

Do you know you definitely plan to get married? Or would you rather live with someone as a partner than a husband/wife?

I'm not overly bothered but if my boyfriend asked, I wouldn't say no (he doesn't really want to get married). While I'm not forcing him to "put at ring on it", I would definitely rather be his wife than partner.

It kind of sets a benchmark for where your relationship is at.
yes
but i'm in no rush, unlike people i know
Original post by Gott
Ja, preferably to a Fräulein named Elsa with strikingly Germanic features and so forth, with my 20 children by her running about

what if elsa doesn't want 20 kids
If I can find someone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by miser
Nah. I probably will, but I'd do it for her rather than for myself.

Bad move
Yes
I'd like to think so.. but who knows. Right now I'd like to focus on myself and my career.

I must say though hearing all these stories in both the 'celeb' world, and personal stories of long term partners getting divorced does make me question whether marriage is 1. Worthwhile and 2. Whether love really can last 'forever'.

There's too much emphasis put on marriage and having children. Women definitely feel pressured to have a family early because GOD FORBID if they have children in their 30's! ..Jeez, this is the 21st century, things have changed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending