The Student Room Group

females, Why are you single?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Handsome_Devil
I would probably be as confident in person aswell, only less audacious :tongue:

Too bad I can't test that:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Because every man I've been with in the past 12 months has been either a cheater, a committment phobe, or emotionally unavailable. Or a combination of the above. That is why I am single.
I DID have a boyfriend but we split up so hence I'm single and in no rush to start seeing anyone. I have no plans to rush into any relationships with anyone yet because as some people might think if you don't have a boyfriend there's something wrong with you. I waited long enough for my first boyfriend, I'm not particularly in any hurry

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Foo.mp3
He'll get over it

Pride is a vice. I feel blessed with good fortune e.g. to be able to do alright with some women, in spite of myself :u:

Run that one by me again? :erm:

I'm afraid I did, implicitly, in flagging "such a silly dichotomy"

Ain't nobody got time fo' that :woo:

In which case it's not all that surprising that there hasn't been a 'worthy suitor' yet, particularly if you've been mostly mixing it with boys of the same age as thee, and also given your slightly superior attitude :beard:

:clap2:
Original post by D_ecrivaine
It's unfortunate how there are so many guys out there who beg to differ...Kind of disgusts me to be honest. After watching so many videos about the issue of street harassment, idk maybe it's just people on the internet but in the comments it's just "men have it hard too" "omg I'd be so happy if some said ___ to me" "stop complainging about nothing" etc. I watch Buzzfeed on and they do feministy/pro-women videos pretty often and the comment are just filled with "feminazis! blah blah blah"

You're exactly right. I was disgusted with the comments, it shows just how selfish people are. Yes, men can be harassed too, but the videos are not about men, so stop making the situation about yourself. If you can't sympathise with people fearing for their lives, how do you expect us to sympathise with you. I've actually recently stopped looking in comment sections for videos, especially on youtube for ANY video because they're just appalling. These people are only confident to do this because they're behind a keyboard.
Original post by Radville
Too bad I can't test that:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, maybe you can, you never know :biggrin:
Original post by Handsome_Devil
Well, maybe you can, you never know :biggrin:

Ok i'll be aware of that:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Because a lot of guys I know are so immature and I've never actually considered meself attractive :rolleyes:
Original post by EllainKahlo
You're exactly right. I was disgusted with the comments, it shows just how selfish people are. Yes, men can be harassed too, but the videos are not about men, so stop making the situation about yourself. If you can't sympathise with people fearing for their lives, how do you expect us to sympathise with you. I've actually recently stopped looking in comment sections for videos, especially on youtube for ANY video because they're just appalling. These people are only confident to do this because they're behind a keyboard.

I've been trying to do the same myself but it's so hard. I occasionally see a guy our girl post something really meaningful, that's always cool. I just don't understand how there are people who could say those kinds of things. I've never met anyone so narrow minded, even the most douchiest (invented a word there) guys (or girls). I guess either those people are weirdos holed up in their parents basements with nothing else to do or are closet misogynists...?
because the few guys who've liked me aren't my type (no real shared interests, didn't find them attractive, etc.) and i'm graduating this spring, so it would be pretty stupid to start a serious relationship now. i'd rather just hook up with people right now tbh.
"No babies? No boyfriend?"

No, no money, no husband.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iAmanze
Because most girls fall into 3 categories:

1. Ugly or Fat. Guys do not want these girls by choice because of what their friends would say etc

2. Generic, usual girls. Guys want that 10/10 of their dreams and tend to ignore this group or stay with one temporarily (for sex/ experience/ companionship) whilst looking for the perfect 10 aka a whole bunch of cheating happens here when they find someone more suitable to their 10/10 ideal woman look.

3. Beautiful. Guys are intimidated thinking she will reject them or has a boyfriend already and thus don't try.

Lmao!!!!!!! This is so true haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by OU Student
The only person who is interested in me, I have no interest in. The last person I was interested in, isn't interested in me.

This sounds like one of them ****ing maths riddles:

Danny is 2/3 taller than Ben. Ben is the shortest. Camilla is half the height of Danny's brother, Michael.
Original post by Foo.mp3
TSRian femmes are typically single e.g. due to:

Unattractiveness/(related) misandry
Personal preference (e.g. prefer to shag about)
Low self-esteem/mental health issues
Reclusive habits/introverted personas
Lack of the flirt gene/not highly sexed
Prioritising studies
Fearing sexual fallout
From a strict background
Bad experiences

Pics or it didn't happen :u:

Under personal preference I'd also cite the fact that a portion of girls want 'the one'.
Original post by COD_is_a_fish
This sounds like one of them ****ing maths riddles:

Danny is 2/3 taller than Ben. Ben is the shortest. Camilla is half the height of Danny's brother, Michael.

Eh? Not willing just to settle for anyone. I then discovered (and suspected all along) that he had a girlfriend.
Original post by Anonymous
exactly!
and why does being in a relationship mean there must be any sex? why can it be just a relationship because two people like each other?
well I'm single cos no guy in my school likes me, and the only one who does like be is a real d**k..srsly
but mainly its because my parents are like: you will not go out with anyone until you are in university.
which is in about two and a half years so...gotta wait..

My mum was very similar but limited it to age 18 (I turned 18 a week ago). Relationships sometimes doesn't always revolve around sex, my friends was in a 2.5 year relationship and it never got to that stage, I think it'll be the same for me (though I have never been in a relationship) due to me being an INFP on the myers briggs personality I seriously would want a girlfriend just so that I can love her and to make her happy, and wouldn't consider anything until after marriage
Original post by D_ecrivaine
I've been trying to do the same myself but it's so hard. I occasionally see a guy our girl post something really meaningful, that's always cool. I just don't understand how there are people who could say those kinds of things. I've never met anyone so narrow minded, even the most douchiest (invented a word there) guys (or girls). I guess either those people are weirdos holed up in their parents basements with nothing else to do or are closet misogynists...?

Closet misogynist is my guess. Like you said, people rarely say these things out loud proudly, they're only confident enough to because they know you do know who they are.
you don't need a boyfriend to have sex
Original post by iAmanze
Because most girls fall into 3 categories:

1. Ugly or Fat. Guys do not want these girls by choice because of what their friends would say etc

2. Generic, usual girls. Guys want that 10/10 of their dreams and tend to ignore this group or stay with one temporarily (for sex/ experience/ companionship) whilst looking for the perfect 10 aka a whole bunch of cheating happens here when they find someone more suitable to their 10/10 ideal woman look.

3. Beautiful. Guys are intimidated thinking she will reject them or has a boyfriend already and thus don't try.

Wow. You are very simplistically mided if you think you can catorgrise women so.
21 and happily single :smile: happy to wait for the right person for me, and in the meantime? :biggrin: I have a cool cat :3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending