The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

“If you can be unknown, do so. It doesn’t matter if you are not known and it doesn’t matter if you are not praised. It doesn’t matter if you are blameworthy according to people if you are praiseworthy with Allaah, Mighty and Majestic.” Fudayl ibn ‘Ayyaad
"The real prisoner is someone whose heart is imprisoned from his Lord; the true captive is someone captured by his passions." -Ibn Taymiyyah-
Original post by HAnwar
Wasalam.
What happened this time lol :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same old story really :redface:
Original post by IdeasForLife
Asalaamulaykum :colone:

Wa Alaikum Assalam bro. Nice to have you back. I thought you were permanently gone.

Haha welcome back.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Waalaikumussalam warahmatullah :biggrin:

Now you can start posting again. Welcome home
What does tracked mean in inbox??

I missed you, bro :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wa'alaikum assalam

Long time bro. Try getting a shorter ban next time :colone:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello fellow muslims 😃😄.
Salam.

Any more responses for my question guys?

Posted from TSR Mobile
One thing that has really stood out for me with regards to Islam, and it's message is the kindness that must be afforded to parents - even disbelieving parents.

What are your thoughts?

“But if they (both) strive with you to make you join in worship with Me others that of which you have no knowledge, then obey them not, but behave with them in the world kindly, and follow the path of him who turns to Me in repentance and in obedience. Then to Me will be your return, and I shall tell you what you used to do.” (Quran 31:15)

“And your Lord has decreed that you worship none but Him. And that you be dutiful to your parents. If one of them or both of them attain old age in your life, say not to them a word of disrespect, nor shout at them but address them in terms of honour.” (Quran 17:23)

“And lower unto them the wing of submission and humility through mercy, and say: ‘My Lord! Bestow on them Your Mercy as they did bring me up when I was small.’” (Quran 17:24)

“And We have enjoined on man (to be dutiful and good) to his parents. His mother bore him in weakness and hardship upon weakness and hardship, and his weaning is in two years give thanks to Me and to your parents, unto Me is the final destination.” (Quran 31:14)

"I said to Abu 'l-Ḥasan ar-Riḍã (‘a.s): 'Can I pray for my parents even if they do not recognize the truth (religion)?' He said: 'Pray for them and
give charity for them; and if they are alive and do not recognize the truth, be amicable with them, since the Messenger of Allãh (ṣ.a.‘a.w.a.w.s.) said:
"Allãh has sent me with mercy, not with disobedience."
Saheeh - Graded by Alama Majlisi KITAB AL KAFI

Walaykumasalaam
Good to see you back

Original post by Iqbal007
Ibn Al-Jowzee said, “If this Dunya was not a station of tests it would not be filled with sicknesses and filth. If life were not about hardship, then the Prophets and the pious would have lived the most comfortable of lives. Nay, Adam suffered test after test until he left the Dunya.Nuh cried or 300 years. Ibrahim was thrown into a pit of fire and later told to slaughter his son. Ya’qub cried until he became blind.
Musa challenged Fir’own and was tested by his people. Eeasa had no provision except the morsels his disciples provided him with. And Muhammad (SAW) met poverty with patience, his uncle one of the most beloved relatives to him was slain and mutilated and his people disbelieved in him and the list of Prophets and the pious goes on and on.”

SubhanAllah so true
:yy:
[video="youtube;zP6LjADjico"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP6LjADjico[/video]
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello fellow muslims .

AsalaamuAlaykum

Original post by beautifulxxx
Salam.

Any more responses for my question guys?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Walaykumasalaam

What was your question sis?
Original post by Tawheed
One thing that has really stood out for me with regards to Islam, and it's message is the kindness that must be afforded to parents - even disbelieving parents.

What are your thoughts?

I think that even if your parents are disbelievers we still should treat them equally as we would with Muslims. We have to remember that after-all they are our parents, who cared for us etc
I do remember when I was told that even if your mum was to perform bad acts, you still do not have the right to speak to her in a bad manner or raise your voice, just to speak politely and show kindness.
Original post by Tpos
X

I had the same views as well. It's quite disturbing and there is no legitimate shia or sunni scholar i know who would ever even be close to supporting that - rather than ruling it out as forbidden.

Sexuality is something i believe is developed. You can't choose it over night, but in my theory, you can indirectly over a long period of time, by what you choose to expose yourself to.

If someone wants to engage in such things, all i ask is why make it public? Are you trying to validate yourself?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Mary562
I think that even if your parents are disbelievers we still should treat them equally as we would with Muslims. We have to remember that after-all they are our parents, who cared for us etc
I do remember when I was told that even if your mum was to perform bad acts, you still do not have the right to speak to her in a bad manner or raise your voice, just to speak politely and show kindness.

Exactly, and i speak to myself first, we should care for our parents or whichever remains, and deal with them justly and with mercy, even if they are of another faith altogether and try to refute Islam.

This is a command by Allah swt in the Quran.
Peace be with you all,

A contention often brought up by atheists and those who aren't muslims - as well as a few muslims is about the verses in the Quran about guidance, and it's contradiction with free will.

Firstly, i implore on every user who reads this to put side bias, preconceived views, and embrace the content i am about to present in an open-minded, rational, and inquiring manner.

The following verse is used: "Surah 14:4And We never sent a messenger save with the language of his folk, that he might make (the message) clear for them. Then Allah sendeth whom He will astray, and guideth whom He will. He is the Mighty, the Wise."

However, it is critical to look at all of the verses of the Holy Quran. For example, this one:

QURAN: "As for those who strive in Us, We surely guide them to Our paths, and lo! Allah is with the good."

When Allah swt says he will guide who he wills - it means he will guide those who are sincere, and strive to find the truth in an honest way, whether this is a muslim holding back his desire, engaging in struggle, or an individual wanting to reach Allah swt using logic and rationality,

There is freedom and choice in the coming to Allah swt

Surah 18:29Say: (It is) the truth from the Lord of you (all). Then whosoever will, let him believe, and whosoever will, let him disbelieve.

Our deeds are our own - not the result of Allah swt making us do them

Surah 41:46Whoso doeth right it is for his soul, and whoso doeth wrong it is against it. And thy Lord is not at all a tyrant to His slaves.

Latest

Trending

Trending