The Student Room Group

Foreign student in 6th form

Hello everyone.
I'm a high school student from Lithuania. I'm turning 16 in 2 months. I have an opportunity to continue my education in 6th form - but I'm really confused about the whole thing. Is it possible to get into 6th form for me, a foreigner student? What kind of documents would I need? And am I too late if I want to apply to a 6th form for September of 2015?
Help will be highly appreciated. Thank you :smile: Have a nice day!
Yes you can. I am a foreign student taking A-Levels in the UK. You need good English and good foundation for the subjects you are going to choose. About the documents, I am not really sure because requirements for each school/ college vary, but think you will absolutely need to apply for VISA, which is quite complicated process. Yes, you can still apply, I applied for my school in April and still got in.
Hope this helps!
Reply 2
Original post by kenstaviciutte
Hello everyone.
I'm a high school student from Lithuania. I'm turning 16 in 2 months. I have an opportunity to continue my education in 6th form - but I'm really confused about the whole thing. Is it possible to get into 6th form for me, a foreigner student? What kind of documents would I need? And am I too late if I want to apply to a 6th form for September of 2015?
Help will be highly appreciated. Thank you :smile: Have a nice day!

As Lithuania is in the EU, then there is no problem with going to a UK 6th form to take A levels, regardless of where your parents are living. (I sorted this out for a German lad last year). You just have to apply to 6th form(s) in the normal way and satisfy their entry requirements.
Thank you for answering.
I have another question which highly bothers me: Are they only looking at the grades of the subjects I'm choosing, or are they looking at all the grades I got from all the subjects I have been studying?
Thanks in advance.
Reply 4
Original post by kenstaviciutte
Thank you for answering.
I have another question which highly bothers me: Are they only looking at the grades of the subjects I'm choosing, or are they looking at all the grades I got from all the subjects I have been studying?
Thanks in advance.

It is up to 6th forms to set their only entrance policies and that is further complicated by the fact that you haven't followed an English curriculum so you'd have to ask each 6th form what they would expect you to achieve.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending