The Student Room Group

Met The Perfect Christian Guy But He's Gay And Has A Bf... :(

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Izzyeviel
Have you tried not being Christian? Maybe if he sees you abandon the religion he may try and 'save you' anyway he can. :wink:

Failing that, date me instead, apart from the Christianity I do all the stuff he does.

you also have sex with men
Original post by Dirtybit
Doubt he's christian.

Definitely is

are you one?
Original post by Anonymous
What do you mean something doesn't compute? :s-smilie: So you mean it's fine so long as I do it before I'm 25 or something? Wouldn't be worrying if I were secular but loads of Christian guys get married off in their early 20s, girls too :dontknow:

So at your church they say don't go looking at all? I'm kind of worried that time will run out quickly.. I'm a new Christian too so don't have as many Christian guy friends as I would like to choose from :frown:

The whole homosexual Christian is a hotly debated thing and as said before, is for a different topic so I won't go there.

I didn't mean to say that there is a time by which you need to be married or anything by 25, but just that when you do find the right guy, things can move on very quickly!

At my church we all have people we like, and that's totally fine. Where I'd say you really need to be careful, especially since you're new, is where your priorities lie. It kinda sounds like (and I could be totally misinterpreting) you're more worried about your singleness than about where you are with God. It's easy to get carried away and lose focus because of it, believe me I've been there too but your contentment should come from Him first and then humans 2nd. You never know who God will bring into your life or how, so don't give up hope just yet. 22 is still young so you really have nothing to worry about
Women over 25 are old? That's the perfect age imo. Anything over 20 and under 45 is great.
Original post by alexschmalex
The whole homosexual Christian is a hotly debated thing and as said before, is for a different topic so I won't go there.

I didn't mean to say that there is a time by which you need to be married or anything by 25, but just that when you do find the right guy, things can move on very quickly!

At my church we all have people we like, and that's totally fine. Where I'd say you really need to be careful, especially since you're new, is where your priorities lie. It kinda sounds like (and I could be totally misinterpreting) you're more worried about your singleness than about where you are with God. It's easy to get carried away and lose focus because of it, believe me I've been there too but your contentment should come from Him first and then humans 2nd. You never know who God will bring into your life or how, so don't give up hope just yet. 22 is still young so you really have nothing to worry about

I guess that's true, yep :smile: How are you meant to know as a Christian if someone's the right person btw?

I'm not more worried about it, but I am very worried, not gonna lie :redface: I wouldn't be if I were still a non Christian, but I do want to marry a Christian and I see most of the Christian guys and girls around me getting engaged really young? I don't want to miss out. I haven't given up hope but I kind of like to make things happen, is that the wrong attitude for Christians though? :smile:
Original post by Protégé
Women over 25 are old? That's the perfect age imo. Anything over 20 and under 45 is great.

Thats a cool viewpoint :smile: how old are you if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 46
I'm a Christian girl and I met this Christian guy through a mutual friend at a party last Halloween. He was really nice and as I got to know him I totally fell for him, he was very respecting of women and he does things like help poor people. We get on well too and do things like play squash and badminton together.

I just found out today however (we finally added each other on FB/Twitter etc.) that he's gay and has a boyfriend. I had no idea :frown: Ofc I don't disapprove of gay people but I am crushed by the fact he will never like me in that way and he's taken anyway.

I just feel horrible, and he's so nice I don't know how to distance myself from him and deal with my feelings without being weird. I also feel bad because I'm 22 and haven't found the right Christian guy for me yet and I feel old and like I'll never get married. In just 4 years I'll be 26 and a lot of guys see women over 25 as old! I really want a decent kind guy and I thought I found him, but I guess not.How do I get over him and how do I keep strong till I find the right guy for me?

Thanks. (btw I made a thread on this earlier but it was short and couldn't edit due to anon so this is a new one) :smile:

Oh, I know it's hard to believe now but in the future you will be able to get over him! There are bound to be other decent christian guys out there somewhere. When I first read this i thought you said you've found the perfect Christian Grey haha. The other day I was worrying what if you like somebody but you're just not their type? That really is the case here! Hope you get well soon
Original post by Maya331
Oh, I know it's hard to believe now but in the future you will be able to get over him! There are bound to be other decent christian guys out there somewhere. When I first read this i thought you said you've found the perfect Christian Grey haha. The other day I was worrying what if you like somebody but you're just not their type? That really is the case here! Hope you get well soon

Haha lol no, I don't go for Christian Grey types :colondollar: Yep, definitely the case here xD! Thanks, your post made my day :smile: Any tips for finding another Christian guy btw?
Thats a cool viewpoint :smile: how old are you if you don't mind me asking?

I'm 17.

Milfs > all.
Original post by Protégé
I'm 17.

Milfs > all.

I'm definitely not gonna be a mum for a while but OK lol! :lol:
Original post by pocahontas lol
That's how awesome Christianity is. :cool: People are banging down the doors of Heaven like hookers bang on the doors at a club.

And yes. It is deemed a sin in Christianity. Doesn't make it wrong if it does; it's that guy's choice (to be Christian...) and he damned well better make the best of it :angry:

Are you a Christian? I didn't know :smile::wavey:
Original post by garfeeled
you also have sex with men

oh dear :colondollar:
Reply 52
I know loads get married in their 30s etc. but it's more of a big deal to get married if you're Christian :frown: Also I'm a new one so havent had as much time to meet Christian guys etc.

He was raised Christian I think, his parents are liberal Christian and Spanish they didnt have a problem with it
:smile:

Don't marry them because they're Christian. So what if they're Christian or not? I respect that everyone has their own beliefs and whatnot, but you don't need to follow the religious text word for word because it wasn't designed for the modern day. At the end of the day you can marry who you want. My dad's an atheist but my mum's Christian, as long as you get along with the guy religion doesn't really matter. Yes this guy may have been gay, but you just gotta move on and find the next

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
Don't marry them because they're Christian. So what if they're Christian or not? I respect that everyone has their own beliefs and whatnot, but you don't need to follow the religious text word for word because it wasn't designed for the modern day. At the end of the day you can marry who you want. My dad's an atheist but my mum's Christian, as long as you get along with the guy religion doesn't really matter. Yes this guy may have been gay, but you just gotta move on and find the next

That's a good point thanks :smile: I'd prefer to date a Christian guy but I suppose the most important thing is having stuff in common. Although lots of atheists especially tend to look down on Christianity (being a liberal Christian myself, I can't say I blame them in some respects as it has been pretty harmful in a lot of ways). I don't know how a non-Christian guy would feel about dating a Christian girl.
Reply 54
That's a good point thanks :smile: I'd prefer to date a Christian guy but I suppose the most important thing is having stuff in common. Although lots of atheists especially tend to look down on Christianity (being a liberal Christian myself, I can't say I blame them in some respects as it has been pretty harmful in a lot of ways). I don't know how a non-Christian guy would feel about dating a Christian girl.

I used to believe there was a God but stuff made me lose faith, but yeah I might be atheist but I would date any woman if I like her.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
I used to believe there was a God but stuff made me lose faith, but yeah I might be atheist but I would date any woman if I like her.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh interesting :smile: Thanks for your advice. I always thought most non Christian guys wouldn't be interested in a Christian girl.
Reply 56
Oh interesting :smile: Thanks for your advice. I always thought most non Christian guys wouldn't be interested in a Christian girl.

It is true that there are some extremely shallow guys out there that ruin it for the majority, but you just gotta find the one that you can tolerate:tongue:

No problem

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 57
Haha lol no, I don't go for Christian Grey types :colondollar: Yep, definitely the case here xD! Thanks, your post made my day :smile: Any tips for finding another Christian guy btw?

Hehe, well just think, where do Christian guys hang out? Church of course! Just visit loads of places where you think a decent Christian guy will be - I know a Christian girl who always goes to these human rights campaigns - I'm joining one called Amnesty. Just get yourself out there! :smile:
Guys please keep it on topic and don't turn it into a debate, if you wish to debate then please go to the debate and currant affairs section, Health and Relationships isn't the place for a debate, thanks.
[QUOTE="Andy98;53305889"]It is true that there are some extremely shallow guys out there that ruin it for the majority, but you just gotta find the one that you can tolerate:tongue:

No problem/QUOTE]

You mean shallow re: religion? :smile: I'm OK looking lol, though I don't think it's necessarily shallow to factor in religion when dating :tongue:

Maya331
Hehe, well just think, where do Christian guys hang out? Church of course! Just visit loads of places where you think a decent Christian guy will be - I know a Christian girl who always goes to these human rights campaigns - I'm joining one called Amnesty. Just get yourself out there! :smile:

Thanks! :smile: I go to church already but there's not much on/there aren't many young people, so I might try out another one actually. Good shout with the human rights things, I'm into that sort of stuff anyway so I'll defo give it a try. Have fun at Amnesty! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending